Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR 60-1 hi-fi twin turbo 1000+WHP

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Turbonetics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you that have not yet seen Tim’s twin turbo 350Z creation… I had the opportunity to see at the G35 meet last weekend and this thing was beautifully executed!!! I also had the opportunity to spend some time with Tim that day and was impressed…a designer, fabricator, tuner and an all around nice guy making some awesome stuff.

Brad
Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 AM
04z33kid

subscribing
Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Speed Force

Originally Posted by Turbonetics
For those of you that have not yet seen Tim’s twin turbo 350Z creation… I had the opportunity to see at the G35 meet last weekend and this thing was beautifully executed!!! I also had the opportunity to spend some time with Tim that day and was impressed…a designer, fabricator, tuner and an all around nice guy making some awesome stuff.

Brad
I couldn't agree with you more. Thats was my first impression of him, and now we are partners. I used to have my car worked on every where. There is no place like home. If you know what I mean.... Look to see some great things from Speed Force Racing this year. We just want to give our customers the options and build their dreams. That's what this whole lifestyle is about. I've always wanted to have something no one else would have. In that quest, there was Tim. Our Ideas come to life. Just some history for you guys on SPEED FORCE RACING. We "MAKE" horsepower, we don't just "BOLT" it on!" We do it with the help of Turbonetics of course. Not to let the cat out of the bag, but Tim has some tricks up his sleeves for this car. STAY TUNED!

Keith Ta
Suprafa5t@aol.com
WWW.SPEEDOFRCERACING.COM
Attached Thumbnails SFR 60-1 hi-fi twin turbo 1000+WHP-pd1-1.jpg   SFR 60-1 hi-fi twin turbo 1000+WHP-picture-330.jpg   SFR 60-1 hi-fi twin turbo 1000+WHP-turbo-1.jpg   SFR 60-1 hi-fi twin turbo 1000+WHP-2.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Sins4u33

Any updated on the kit fitting an 5AT?
very interested in kit...let me know...

Ben Y
AAM
Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Turbonetics

Brad

Thanks for the compliments Brad! You are making me blush. You are pretty kick *** yourself Glad you and Reggie made it out to Tinmans get together.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:43 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sins4u33
Any updated on the kit fitting an 5AT?
very interested in kit...let me know...

Ben Y
AAM

We will be fitting the kit on an auto in a week or two.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:53 AM
pimp1911

subscribing
Old 08-14-2005, 10:51 AM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

subscribing
Old 08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
davidahn

Tim,

Is your 8.5 psi standard boost kit street legal (will it pass smog in 4 years when I need it tested)? I want power on tap, but I'd like to use it as a daily driver most of the time. Complete stealth, to leave people wondering what the heck just happened when I smoke them off the line.

David
Old 08-14-2005, 03:12 PM
STFU Tuning

Originally Posted by davidahn
Tim,

Is your 8.5 psi standard boost kit street legal (will it pass smog in 4 years when I need it tested)? I want power on tap, but I'd like to use it as a daily driver most of the time. Complete stealth, to leave people wondering what the heck just happened when I smoke them off the line.

David
Living in CA you'll need to be CARB compliant, which none of the TT kits are YET, to my kmnowledge. Convert back for smog (pain in the ***), or register out of state. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
davidahn

Just checked dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2535, and no smog check is required for the first 6 years (I'm buying new), then biennially thereafter. I'm not planning on keeping it that long anyway! Thanks, Darwin.

This kit sounds mighty tempting, just don't know if I want to spend nearly twice the money for 100 more hp at the crank (about 500-550 vs. 430 for the Turbonetics)? I'm a huge bang-for-the-buck kinda guy.

David
Old 08-14-2005, 04:35 PM
davidahn

Tim,
Does that $7895 include installation & tuning?
David
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Tim,
Does that $7895 include installation & tuning?
David

To answer some of your questions.Not CARB legal.None of the TT systems are as of yet.JWT will probably be the first.The price does not include install or tuning.Figure $2000 for the install and $400-500 for tuning on your particular vehicle.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM
STFU Tuning

Just checked dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2535, and no smog check is required for the first 6 years (I'm buying new), then biennially thereafter. I'm not planning on keeping it that long anyway! Thanks, Darwin.

This kit sounds mighty tempting, just don't know if I want to spend nearly twice the money for 100 more hp at the crank (about 500-550 vs. 430 for the Turbonetics)? I'm a huge bang-for-the-buck kinda guy.

David
Yeah, I hear you. It is a pretty penny. In my honest opinion though, it is the nicest setup I have seen. It keeps the turbos very well hidden, although they are available for easy access under the car. It also keeps ALOT of heat out of the engine bay, which is a huge bonus. A good st of tubular manifolds will also promote better flow than log style manifolds, although the log style that I have seen for the 350 seem to work fine as far as I can tell. Lastly, being a non cast, non mass produced kit, I'm sure you could talk to Tim and have the setup changed to meet your needs. Personally I'd go with a different set of turbos. The 60-1 is great, but too big for what I need. Tim is a good guy, give him a buzz.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:22 PM
ZRAYGO

Holy MOTHER OF GOD!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:18 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by STFU Tuning
Yeah, I hear you. It is a pretty penny. In my honest opinion though, it is the nicest setup I have seen. It keeps the turbos very well hidden, although they are available for easy access under the car. It also keeps ALOT of heat out of the engine bay, which is a huge bonus. A good st of tubular manifolds will also promote better flow than log style manifolds, although the log style that I have seen for the 350 seem to work fine as far as I can tell. Lastly, being a non cast, non mass produced kit, I'm sure you could talk to Tim and have the setup changed to meet your needs. Personally I'd go with a different set of turbos. The 60-1 is great, but too big for what I need. Tim is a good guy, give him a buzz.

darwin,

You are right.You will be able to customize this kit to suit your needs.If you want a quick spooling 600WHP application then we would reccomend some 46 trim T3/T4 hybrids.If you have a G with an aftermarket bumper then we can set you up with a single intercooler insteads of the dual coolers.If you have to have an HKS sequential valve or Greddy valve, no problem. The options are endless. However, this could cause our customers some grief because they might be confused on what they want I was just talking about this with Sharif.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally Posted by TurboTim
darwin,

You are right.You will be able to customize this kit to suit your needs.If you want a quick spooling 600WHP application then we would reccomend some 46 trim T3/T4 hybrids.If you have a G with an aftermarket bumper then we can set you up with a single intercooler insteads of the dual coolers.If you have to have an HKS sequential valve or Greddy valve, no problem. The options are endless. However, this could cause our customers some grief because they might be confused on what they want I was just talking about this with Sharif.

Or if you have a standalone, your own injectors and fuel system, etc. Then that can be discounted off of the price of the kit
Old 08-15-2005, 04:02 PM
STFU Tuning

Originally Posted by TurboTim
darwin,

Hahahaha!! Yeah, making up one's mind can be a problem. I think it's a great kit. I want one. I have some specs, but I'll run them by you on the phone.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
STFU Tuning

Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
Or if you have a standalone, your own injectors and fuel system, etc. Then that can be discounted off of the price of the kit
Yes, another great benefit. I have a E-Manage Ultimate ready to go, although I'd be much happier with an EMS...
Old 08-15-2005, 04:23 PM
davidahn

Default Ouch!

I thought the price was kinda painful at $7895, now we're talking $2500 more for installation/tuning?!? Too rich for my blood! I guess the Turbonetics single is sounding pretty good right about now (cheaper kit, cheaper install). Even the APS is sounding good, with similar power/torque figures, and a good track record.

I don't know enough about turbos to get all excited about this like the other guys here. I just want the most bang for my buck. Thanks for the replies!

David