Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Cooling Mist water injection....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dscheers
Everything is kind of related... Lower intake temps will lead to less risk of detonation and more HP. The methanol will bump the octane of the fuel, which will make the engine less prone to detonation and allow you to pull less timing, possibly making some extra HP. If you only want to reduce intake temps, you might even be ok to just run 100% water.

On the Cryo2 system, how do you avoid getting the CO2 in the intake? I'm facing a huge problem with that...

Thanks

Danny
Danny,
I do realize everything is interrelated.... BUT what some people see as a way to safeguard the engine others see as an opportunity to tune more aggressively to get more HP. I guess I would say that you could create a map that takes into account you are spraying and therefore increase the amount of fuel/timing, thereby cranking more HP out.

On the other hand you could have a normal map, add the WI system to cool the intake temps and while it will give you more HP due to the cooler/denser air charge, you are not retuning/for more power.

As for my CRY02. I honestly have not run it yet. I want to put the car on the dyno first, make sure my current tune is good, and then see what the CRY02 system does on the dyno before incorporating it into my new engine setup. What problems are you seeing with the intercooler sprayer? Any information for me to be on the look out for, would be appreciated.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 06-06-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be using a water/meth kit in conjunction with my race gas map for more power/safety while doing it. The added timing you can run will make a huge difference and Ive heard you can even run slightly leaner than usual 11:1-11.5:1 (12:1) A/F's with a kit like this (not that I really would anyway) Ill likely tune agressive on the timing and shoot for mid 11's A/F...
Old 06-06-2006, 05:22 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BamBam
As for my CRY02. I honestly have not run it yet. I want to put the car on the dyno first, make sure my current tune is good, and then see what the CRY02 system does on the dyno before incorporating it into my new engine setup. What problems are you seeing with the intercooler sprayer? Any information for me to be on the look out for, would be appreciated.
--B
I guess it depends a bit from set to setup (mine being Veilside V3 front and ATI Procharger) but my intake is sucking in the CO2. CO2 being a de-oxinizer, this takes away power from the engine. I was afraid that this would happen, because when it ran it on the dyno, the car died on me. Too much CO2 got in the intake... First drag race I used it, lost almost a second! I was considering filling the bottle with NOS, but apparently the system is not fully compatible,,,, Now I'll prolly put a Varis airduct above the air intake and built some kind of box around the filter so that it can only take air from outside...

Danny
Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
HoldThisForMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I will be using a water/meth kit in conjunction with my race gas map for more power/safety while doing it. The added timing you can run will make a huge difference and Ive heard you can even run slightly leaner than usual 11:1-11.5:1 (12:1) A/F's with a kit like this (not that I really would anyway) Ill likely tune agressive on the timing and shoot for mid 11's A/F...
I like this approach! IMO probably the best idea yet with using WI
Old 07-16-2006, 09:44 PM
D15na

Default how ghetto do you want?

ive heard of peeps using progressive nitrous controllers for w/i.. i just installed a snow performance on my z with greddy tt. havent had a chance to use it becasue on the way to get the winshielf washerfluid for it, i blew 4 holes in my block, all of which im guessing could have been stopped by runnin my w/i... how pissed am i!!!!!

i went with snow performance because it has the safety feature on it. i got the 8 qt tank and mounted it where my spare should be, poking the cap thru the carpet. it also has a switch on it so if i dont want it on, its not on. im pretty sure the progressive controller runs off maf.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:36 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running the Snow Performance kit . With a 50/50 mix of distilled water and Methanol . A/F has dropped more than [ 1 ] full point , from low to mid 11's to low 10's high 9's . will be finishing the tuning soon .

The Progressive controller runs off of MAP....not...MAF
Old 07-17-2006, 07:35 AM
TTRANK

I have had problems with my coolingmist kit since I got it and they won't return my emails. I will post more details soon.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:54 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah IMO cooling mist is a HORRIBLE company - stay away from them.

They're very rude on the phone. I bought a really expenive kit and my shop took a look at it, was confused as hell about it - granted there's really no instructions. You're looking at all these non-standard water injection parts and have no instructions.

They only give you 7 days to return the kit with taking a 20% restocking fee hit

anyways I really was not impressed with cooling mist and hope they go out of business.

Now Snow Performance actually seems pretty decent
Old 07-17-2006, 12:22 PM
mrtomcat

Snow Performance has awesome customer service, they treated me great, helped me out on a couple of issues and the kit is still running strong since march
Old 07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
booger

What jet size are you guys running with the Snow kit ?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
20"makavelli

vaughn gitten Jr. has the mist system on his drifting mustang!! i was watching D1 on G4 tv yesterday and saw that
Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by booger
What jet size are you guys running with the Snow kit ?
I don't remember the size but it's the nozzle for 450 hp and up
I believe it's the 375 nozzle....but don't quote me on that
Old 07-17-2006, 02:17 PM
booger

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
I don't remember the size but it's the nozzle for 450 hp and up
I believe it's the 375 nozzle....but don't quote me on that
There are three nozzles...175mi/min for 250 to 350whp.....375mi/min. for 350 to 475whp...and 625mi/min. for 475 to 600whp

Im also using the 375mi/min , but may have to go down to the 175mi/min. and run it full blast , if we have to end up taking to much fuel out to get above 11 to 1 A/F . I think the tuner just has it coming on to soon . He still has it set to come on at 2psi
Old 07-17-2006, 03:14 PM
mrtomcat

in that case I believe I'm running the 350 since I am at 475 whp
Old 07-18-2006, 06:34 PM
coolingmist

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
I have had problems with my coolingmist kit since I got it and they won't return my emails. I will post more details soon.

Tim,
I found your order on 6/5/2006. I checked all the emails in my system and I have none from you other than the 2nd day shipping. Our email is coolingmist@comcast.net Our phone # is 770.931.2139. We offer 7 day a week support and I assure you that if you have a problem, we want to make it right and help you get it resolved.

Thanks for your purchase and please get in touch with us at the email listed above.

Last edited by coolingmist; 07-18-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
coolingmist

Originally Posted by sentry65
yeah IMO cooling mist is a HORRIBLE company - stay away from them.

They're very rude on the phone. I bought a really expenive kit and my shop took a look at it, was confused as hell about it - granted there's really no instructions. You're looking at all these non-standard water injection parts and have no instructions.
It is certainly NOT our policy to be rude on the phone. If someone was RUDE to you I would certainly want to know.

our kits do ship with instructions as well as the instructions on the website. Our kits ship with GENERAL instructions and a diagram. We dont have specifics for any vehicle as they are universal kits.

For the most part we dont buy "off the shelf parts", we focus on having quality and innovation. I assure you that you can call us or email us with any problems you have.

Last edited by coolingmist; 07-18-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
sentry65
the burninator

well the instructions that came with my $650 kit are not only generic, they're not specific to the kit. I know everything is very customizable, but it's actually hard to tell if I have all the parts. I'm not sure if I'm missing parts or have extra parts or what.

Then the instructions online help some, but it's still really confusing - i guess from how many options there are and the lack of specific instructions. You have a basic instruction sheet then it basically says depending on what kit you have, all this stuff is going to be different. It just makes it very confusing. My shop looked at the kit and thought I was missing half the needed parts and the vagueness of it all made them not want to install it. I guess that's what I get for buying one of the more complicated setups though.

I'm sure it's a great kit though, and I'm going to try taking it to another shop to see if they'd be willing to tackle it
Old 07-18-2006, 07:41 PM
coolingmist

If I can ask, what kit did you buy? I really want to help you work this out. Our controller kits have very little parts. The problem you are having is that our controller kits ship with 5 pages of instructions, the first three are the wiring and basics, the confusing part is that it has pictures of the parts for the BASE kit. It shows Relays, wiring harnesses, fuse, fuse holder, boost switches, etc. Those dont even relate to that kit. I just hired a manager for our store and we are working on changing that to make it more clear.

I can only assume you have our trunk mount kit or our stage III stainless kit with a clog nozzle detector...

Our controller kits are very simple. Typically they have just the controller, fittings, hose and checkvalve. Items such as a relay, relay harness, fuse holder, fuse and other things are not required for this kit.

Keep in mind I 100% understand why you are confused because the instructions as I said have pictures of the parts that go in the base kit. We changed that part early last week, and will be clarifying things further.

Have your mechanic call us if you need to. I certainly appologize for anything that has caused you an inconvenience and I promise you we will work to make things right for you.

David

well the instructions that came with my $650 kit are not only generic, they're not specific to the kit. I know everything is very customizable, but it's actually hard to tell if I have all the parts. I'm not sure if I'm missing parts or have extra parts or what.

Then the instructions online help some, but it's still really confusing - i guess from how many options there are and the lack of specific instructions. You have a basic instruction sheet then it basically says depending on what kit you have, all this stuff is going to be different. It just makes it very confusing. My shop looked at the kit and thought I was missing half the needed parts and the vagueness of it all made them not want to install it. I guess that's what I get for buying one of the more complicated setups though.

I'm sure it's a great kit though, and I'm going to try taking it to another shop to see if they'd be willing to tackle it
Old 07-18-2006, 08:07 PM
sentry65
the burninator

yeah I bought the stainless steel kit with the clog nozzle (can't find it on the site anymore - guess it's changed?) with a 1 gallon tank for the truck.

I have the feeling it IS a really nice kit, it's just so confusing and exotic compared to what shops have installed that it's a little intimidating then the instructions are so vague. I know it's a universal kit, but man it's confusing. My shop was even a little scared of the hose couplings that the SS kit came with - the connectors I mean. They were thinking they might not hold.

I'd really like to use the kit and give praises about how heavy duty it is.

If you have some new updated instructions coming out or already out, will they be online? How can I get a copy. I was kinda frusturated cause whoever I talked to said he hand packaged my kit and was sure it was right. However I still felt the need to actually take a photo of the kit and each part and email it to confirm that I got everything and that I knew what each part was

I have a feeling if I had some solid instructions, the shop I normally do all my work at would be swayed to install it
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
coolingmist

yeah I bought the stainless steel kit with the clog nozzle (can't find it on the site anymore - guess it's changed?) with a 1 gallon tank for the truck.

I have the feeling it IS a really nice kit, it's just so confusing and exotic compared to what shops have installed that it's a little intimidating then the instructions are so vague. I know it's a universal kit, but man it's confusing. My shop was even a little scared of the hose couplings that the SS kit came with - the connectors I mean. They were thinking they might not hold.

I'd really like to use the kit and give praises about how heavy duty it is.

If you have some new updated instructions coming out or already out, will they be online? How can I get a copy. I was kinda frusturated cause whoever I talked to said he hand packaged my kit and was sure it was right. However I still felt the need to actually take a photo of the kit and each part and email it to confirm that I got everything and that I knew what each part was

I have a feeling if I had some solid instructions, the shop I normally do all my work at would be swayed to install it

We still sell the same kit you have but for some of the reasons you outlined in this thread we are trying to keep things simple. No more "trunk mount kit" no more "stage I " kit, no more Stage III kit. In a nutsell its like this.

Our stage I kit is actually the "deluxe 150 psi kit + tank". (It will be renamed soon, there is no controller on that kit).

our stage II kit is the controller kit. With that you can choose from the drop down box from the following:

1) stainless or nylon hose
2) trunk mount tank, 1 gallon tank or 2 quart tank.
3) 2 nozzles or 1 nozzle.

and lastly or diesel kits.

That makes it easier for the customer to navigate. having said that, I would like you to call us tomorrow if you can. 770.931.2139 and I can go over everything with you. Your kit came with the following.

1 gallon tank + float switch. You need to install the float in the bottom of the tank.

Checkvalve + 2 fittings (1/4 stainless/brass).
150 psi pump + 2 heavy duty elbows and 2 1/4 fittings
Brass water filter + 2 1/8th fittings.
Elbow and Injector + 1 1/8th fitting

You ordered the clog nozzle detector and you get 2 1/8th fittings and the Tee for that.

lastly, you get a LED (green) for the float switch and for the clog nozzle detector. Also, you get 1 fitting (1/8th) for the tank to tap it.

For the installation, the only thing that is different is the fact that you need to cut the stainless hose to length. All the other things (tank location, pump location, checkvalve location, filter location) are identical as the other kits.

In the instructions we dont go into detail as to how to cut the stainless hose because frankly any competent mechanic should know how to do that (I would be worried if they didn't).

Get the kit in front of you and call us tomorrow, I think I can clear alot of this up for you. If you regret getting stainless hose instead of the nylon hose I'll be glad to take your stainless hose back + all the fittings, get you the nylon hose + the new quick disconnects and credit you the difference. I want you to be happy with your choice.

David

Quick Reply: Cooling Mist water injection....