Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Cooling Mist water injection....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that's not all that WI does. H2O is a REACTANT (not just product) in certain steps that comprise the full combustion of octane (C8H18) and O2. The beauty of water, in addition to its heat soak function, is that it has the very desired effect on combustion, by slowing down the initial flame front formation and propogation, allowing you to run slightly more advanced timing (if this is needed), AND most importantly, by its very presence, serve as a reactor in the latter 2/3 of the chemical reactions that complete the process, hence speeding it up (LaChatlier's principle in basic chemistry). Because of the faster combustion rate, more of the energy is used up BEFORE the exhaust valves open, hence wasting less energy and resulting in cooler EGTs, in and of itself in turn allowing to potentialy run more timing.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
overZealous1

ok ok, i was trying to keep it somewhat simple for him to understand, hahhaa.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

methanol injection by snow performance is a good one, about $400 ...snowperformance.net ...runs off of boost any psi you want, can be put in your windshield wiper fluid(reduce clutter under the hood) because it can be used to clean your windshield also!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:08 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

That's thing, it's NOT a good one. Nothing is, unless you put a injectors-like valve (Aquamist HSV) and control the water amount with engine management. You need to keep the WFR (water/fuel ratio) constant.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Madelinot

When I installed my TT kit, I also bought a Coolingmist water injection kit at the same time. However, I never got around to install it. I was planning to install the nozzle AFTER the throttle body and I had a plate made to that effect:

Good or bad idea? What are the consequences for spraying AFTER the TB?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:22 PM
overZealous1

just need to make sure the water will stay atomized and has good distribution to all cylinders. you are prolly good where you are at.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by Zivman
For the APS guys. I have been informed that there is a Unichip module that can control a W/M injection. It can be used with the Unichip piggyback that the APS kit uses. Similar to the boost module.

I might be using this on my build. Will get more details on this in the next few days.
what's the latest on this?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 AM
MoodDude

I am planning on installing my W.I. this weekend. Would it help anyone for me to take pictures and do a installation write up?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by MoodDude
I am planning on installing my W.I. this weekend. Would it help anyone for me to take pictures and do a installation write up?
Yes!

I'm doing my install this weekend as well and will try to take some pics ( depends if my buddy has camera there since I forgot mine)
Old 01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
002-M-P

Mine has been installed since October when i started this thread, i just haven't got around to getting it running and acutally using it. Once I get my w/g dumps and 3" testpipes done and it gets a bit warmer I will probably mess with it a bit. I do have this one picture of my dual stage installed... http://mp-racing.net/gallery/350z/engine?full=1 See the two nozzle's on the greddy intake pipe. Everything is hooked up ready to go except the fuse for the power wire is removed, so anyday i really feel like it, I could have it running.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
MoodDude

Thanks for the pic, same location of dual injection that I was thinking. Your instake pipe looks a little easier to handle than mine, I have the APS TT Kit on mine. I will probably take pictures and try to do a write up on the install. That way people can learn from my mistakes.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:15 PM
evildarkness

If anyone wants a real good alky/meth kit for $495 shipped shoot me a pm, ive used them and sell them. Pm me with any questions.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:33 PM
mrtomcat

What is a good Fuse location to splice the Pump in?
It needs a 15 Amp Ignition controlled terminal, preferably in the engine bay
Old 01-29-2006, 12:19 AM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Windshield Washer Reservoir and Boost Controlled

I'm finding out more and more about WI and have some questions/emarks.

1. How big is our Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir Tank (my car is in the shop for big brakes, cams and Kinetix's SSV Plenum Install) ?

2. WMI cools down cilinders and ups the octane of fuel. Both reduce the change of knocking. Now the chance of knocking is proportional to boost, right ? So, if you would want primarely to avoid detonation, wouldn't it make perfectly good sense to add more Water-Methanol depending on boost level with -lets say- a Snow boost-based progressive controller ?

Thanks

Danny
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by dscheers
I'm finding out more and more about WI and have some questions/emarks.

1. How big is our Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir Tank (my car is in the shop for big brakes, cams and Kinetix's SSV Plenum Install) ?

2. WMI cools down cilinders and ups the octane of fuel. Both reduce the change of knocking. Now the chance of knocking is proportional to boost, right ? So, if you would want primarely to avoid detonation, wouldn't it make perfectly good sense to add more Water-Methanol depending on boost level with -lets say- a Snow boost-based progressive controller ?

Thanks

Danny
that's the reason there is a controller, you start spraying at 6 psi and set a max boost limit and it ramps up to that boost level...
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 AM
MoodDude

Everyone - I started to work on the How to instruction during my install and taking pics. I was spending to much time on it and need to get done, so I stopped half way through. Sorry.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:12 AM
MoodDude

Here are pictures of my install. Still not happy with the pump placement, if anyone has any better ideas w/ pictures - love to hear them.

Spare tire area used for tanks and pump:

Stage 1 is closest to the plenum (with this injector pointed away from the plenum), Stage 2 is right after the Mass Air Senso (this injector pointed away from the MAS):

Boost switches, solenoid/check valves, and pressure sensors installed in mastercylinder area:
Old 02-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:54 PM
mrtomcat

I like the tank location, how hard is it to fill them up from that angle?

Also did you take any pics of the under car line routing and did you protect the lines in case you scrape and if how?

Last what did you use as a power source for the controller?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:02 AM
MoodDude

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
I like the tank location, how hard is it to fill them up from that angle?

Also did you take any pics of the under car line routing and did you protect the lines in case you scrape and if how?

Last what did you use as a power source for the controller?
Tank is not hard to fill - I insert a funnel into a tank and use a 1 gallon gas tank to fill. And they fit under the trunk matt so you don't even realize they are there.

One problem with this tank location is I loose about 1/8 capacity of the tanks since when the methanol gets low it is at the same or lower level than the pump. Yet, I don't think even if the tank was higher you could use it when it got this low since the fluid moves around so much when driving. Maybe I should of used a fuel cell.

No pics yet of under the car, yet if you want them I can take some. And yes I used protection so she wouldn't get pregnant - oh I mean yes I used protection on the water and power.

I got the power from the battery itself and installed a fuse to power the controller.

Hardest part by far of the whole install was the LED's install! I installed 6 for information:
Power on
Stage 1 on
Stage 2 on
Tank low level
Stage 1 pressure/clogged nozzle
Stage 2 pressure/clogged nozzle

Quick Reply: Cooling Mist water injection....