Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo nOOb Thread seeking feedback from those with knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:01 PM
HSPN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo nOOb Thread seeking feedback from those with knowledge

I come to you seeking knowledge. My friend (known him since he was born) likes the styling, appearance, and base performance offered by the 350z. He is seriously considering the purchase of a new convertible 350z with a six speed. He, like many of us, is a performance junky/nut---loves speed. If I had to be pinned down, I would say he is more interested in reliable, straight line performance at this time. He wants to know that he can beat just about anything from a stoplight.

He has yet to stumble on the forums, but I am certain he will become a frequent forum visitor once he has the car and has time to visit.

Because he is a recently graduated from graduate school, he is not as limited by a small budget as most of us might be but he does not have 15,000K to drop in the car at once. He has previously owned a turbo charged vehicle and knows that the power delivered by a twin turbo setup is what he wants (450-550 hp). He is considering building the motor for a high horsepower twin turbo setup and I wanted to hear some feedback from you.

I have done a number of searches and saved those links for him to read when he is on break at work or not working at home. I found this one especially useful: https://my350z.com/forum/fi-faq-s/112693-how-to-do-twins-right-the-first-time.html

In the meantime, my goal in starting this thread is to gather more specific information for him and give him a place to see answers to some of the specific questions he has.

I want to hear those that have personal experiences with twin turbo setups on these cars.

I want to hear those that have personal experiences with twin turbo setups on these cars.

I want to hear from those that did not go with twin turbo setups and why
Anyone else that feels they can make a meaingful contribution to this thread

Finally, if someone in Southern California has performed this to their car and would not mind taking him for a ride to give him some idea what he can expect and share your experience, I would like to hear from you. He also would like to know of reputable tuners in and around Southern California. If someone is the best, he might be willing to travel to Northern California, Nevada, or Arizona to get some of the work done.

I want to thank you guys in advance. I am sure you will hear from my friend in a few days once he gets settled back in (he just moved back into the state).

-Kevin
Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
plumpzz

350z isn't about straightl line performance. Its got small wells for tires, its stock suspension is set up for turning ect. Its hard for many people to get 12s w/ TT!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:41 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumpzz
350z isn't about straightl line performance. Its got small wells for tires, its stock suspension is set up for turning ect. Its hard for many people to get 12s w/ TT!
I think there are alot of TT guys here that are already in the low 12's and some in the low 11's .
Tell the guy that is buying the TT set up to find a shop that knows how to install and tune the kit he wants
Old 11-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Nealoc187

What..............
Old 11-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

-hey give me some of what ever that is you are smoking or drinking
Old 11-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Z BOY

tell your boy to start reading the fi forum on this site.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Z BOY
tell your boy to start reading the fi forum on this site.
Yea, we don't give no free rides here! You have to search like all the rest of us!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Yea, we don't give no free rides here! You have to search like all the rest of us!

Haha yeah, also HSPN tell your "friend" to SEARCH, READ, and LEARN

And whatever Pumpzz is smoking and drinking I def. don't want any LOL