Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR twin plenum intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Bwicked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just found this thread any updates lol?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

about the intake manifold?

are you planning on getting an SFR kit? because that's what it's mainly used for
Old 02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
NoLimit

It can be used with ANY setup.........

here's my install,
http://www.turboculture.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179
... if i ever have the time, I will get my car tuned and dyno'd as it sits before i do the TT install....
Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM
sentry65
the burninator

well yeah if you go a custom route and relocate the throttlebody etc
Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

It has been a slow process but we are finally getting some units out there and tested on various applications.You will here more about the results soon.We have seen some incredible toque increases on N/A and FI cars.This G is going to be tuned which is a fully built FI car tomorrow or sometime next week and I will post some results with the intake manifold.

and this is what the product looks like after a few revisons.

Last edited by TurboTim; 02-08-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
TTRANK

That looks awesome.

Can you just extend the TB wires with no problems?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
That looks awesome.

Yes.You just pull the cable out of the wire loom and run it to the front where the TB is and put it is some new loom.Very easy.We thought it was going to be mightmarish until we seen it had its own harness with lots of extra wire to play with.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
That looks awesome.

... check out my link a couple posts above, ... i have pics showing the install process.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
plumpzz

Do you also sell some kind of intake system for this for N/A people? Is it worthwhile for stock redline or does it push the power band to the right.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
jcpeyton

subscribing (again???)
Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by TurboTim
It has been a slow process but we are finally getting some units out there and tested on various applications.You will here more about the results soon.We have seen some incredible toque increases on N/A and FI cars.This G is going to be tuned which is a fully built FI car tomorrow or sometime next week and I will post some results with the intake manifold.

and this is what the product looks like after a few revisons.

When are you going to have any dyno charts?? This thing has been out for over half a year now. You even tested it on an NA car and it LOST power (I know this for a fact), but you still claim it gained power . Show some hard data or a dyno atleast where this has netted any power gains. I think after a year of this thread being made, we deserve it.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:27 PM
rookie

Originally Posted by NoLimit
... check out my link a couple posts above, ... i have pics showing the install process.
You posted your dynos on that other site, why not here too?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 PM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by thawk408
When are you going to have any dyno charts?? This thing has been out for over half a year now. You even tested it on an NA car and it LOST power (I know this for a fact), but you still claim it gained power . Show some hard data or a dyno atleast where this has netted any power gains. I think after a year of this thread being made, we deserve it.
LOL ... another hater...

It really hasn't "been out" for a year now, ..... how many have you sold Tim?
I dyno'd with it NA, ... didn't loose any HP and gained 20ftlb TQ EVEN WITH a dual 3 Inch exhaust, ... NA ...... what does that say??
Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by rookie
You posted your dynos on that other site, why not here too?
b/c that's my site

they're available for everyone to see, ... just a click away....
Old 02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
thawk408

LOL ... another hater...

It really hasn't "been out" for a year now, ..... how many have you sold Tim?
I dyno'd with it NA, ... didn't loose any HP and gained 20ftlb TQ EVEN WITH a dual 3 Inch exhaust, ... NA ...... what does that say??
Not a hater at all, I actually like their turbo kit a lot. Just calling it how I see it. And it is actually DID lose power because the guy that tested it out lives near me and went to the same dyno that I do. I even talked to the guy.

So, just go swing on his nuts some more.

Last edited by thawk408; 02-10-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Quamen

While I think that the SFR kit is an amazing turbo kit I am kinda concerned as to why the dyno resaults were never posted on this site especially when at the beginning TurboTim was on this site regularely with updates which was great!

I understand that sometimes a design just doesn't work or has snags which is why the original design you had was altered Tim. I believe that you had issues getting rid of some turbulances in front of one or two cylinders.

To be honest, if this manifold didn't work I don't think people would be upset. It is a great piece of fabrication and it looks like it could gain some nice HP on certian setups and lose HP on others. I think that most people are just upset with the absolute staggering number of pages this thread is and they feel as if they have no outcome.

Either way, Tim, I respect what you do and if for some reason it didn't work as planned I give props fro trying for so long and making such a good piece!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:11 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Not a hater at all, I actually like their turbo kit a lot. Just calling it how I see it. And it is actually DID lose power because the guy that tested it out lives near me and went to the same dyno that I do. I even talked to the guy.

Kalimas car is the one you are reffering to,correct? Did James tell you his air/fuel ratio went to 17 to 1 when he installed this intake and he had no way to tune it since his Utec wasnt working crrectly? I dont think this is a legitimate test of this product.I will post a video later today of the intake on a turbo car that will be on the dyno Monday or Tuesday.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:33 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

It did gain power on the car I personally tested and tuned.When you slap this on a N/A car with no ability to tun it will lose power especially when the mixtures go from 14.7 to 1 to 17 to 1 I will round up my dyno charts but I know the first thing people will say is that you only revved the car to 5000 rpms.And yes we only revved the car to 5K rpms because it was a brand new motor with no miles on it.This car is is very similiar to my car except it it a rev-up with low compression motor and the intake manifold.Same turbos,same exhaust,stock cams and even the orignal lower rev-up plenum.The dyno chart shows an approximate gain of 50ft/lbs of torque at the same boost and rpm on the same dyno vs. my car.There was a modest increase in power at the 5000rpm mark.We will not see big hp gains until we are in the upper rpm range.This is the car that we are trying to finish dynoing now that it has 3000+ miles on the clock.Once we are finished with it,we will put the stock intake on for a real apples to apples comparison since we only have my cars dynos to compare it to which is not as conclusive as I would like it to be.Dont worry there are about 10 other intake manifolds out there and you will see some results real soon.I am fiishing the one for my car and will be testing it in about a month.

One of the reasons this took so long was for the simple fact that I let people know some behind the scenes stuff way to early.I wanted to spark interest but I should have keep it a big secret until now.Then the thread would not be as long as it has.We are also working on alot of different projects and parts for alot of different cars and having 15 different things that we prototype and test can be very time consuming.Not making excuses,just telling you the truth of the matter.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
NoLimit

call it like you 'heard' it bro.......
if you'd Look at the dynos i've already posted, it shows gains.....

and if you want to talk about swinging, ... why don't we talk about your mom too......
I just can't stand people who hear and read **** pass it on as fact, ... when of course, they don't know what the fu<k they're talking about.....
I Have the intake manifold, I Have had a 'semi-tune' with it, ... and even without a proper tune (pig rich), it shows gains NA....
Old 02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
thawk408

call it like you 'heard' it bro.......
if you'd Look at the dynos i've already posted, it shows gains.....

and if you want to talk about swinging, ... why don't we talk about your mom too......
I just can't stand people who hear and read **** pass it on as fact, ... when of course, they don't know what the fu<k they're talking about.....
I Have the intake manifold, I Have had a 'semi-tune' with it, ... and even without a proper tune (pig rich), it shows gains NA....
You've posted dynos? Care to share them with me? I am not calling it like I have "heard", I am calling it how I know. I am friends with the dyno operater that this manifold was tested at. He personally told me and showed me the dyno where it lost around 15rwhp. I can sympathise if the car was running 17:1 AF, but didnt see that on the dyno sheet.

Yeah real mature bring out the mom comment . Did you think of that all by yourself or did you have to contact Tim for advice?

Till I see more people coming out, using this, and have evidence of gains, then I will continue to think the way I do.

Quick Reply: SFR twin plenum intake manifold