Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR twin plenum intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:01 AM
aalzuhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynos or no dynos, some will always have something to say ... if you like the design and concept behind the work, buy it, if you don't, don’t buy it.

Imagine if Tim would to release a dyno of before and after with let's say 40hp gain and you felt soo optimistic and happy and got yourself one and then you only get like 20hp gain ... OMG .. You would immediately say Tim cheated us, his dyno showed 40hp and I only got 20hp, what gives!!! and so on ... without noticing that the two cars have somewhat of a different setup

Based on the above, I would recommend that you buy it if you like it. Other wise you might want to go and design your own intake manifold based on your experience and technical abilities.

Other than that, I have seen people of this forum jump on a new product or a development of product just to shut it down and when that happens they go and pout about not having a lot of options. This kind of behavior ensures that product developers will NEVER share with us what they are doing or planning to do.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would agree with you 100% were it a finished product. As far as I've read, they themselves don't know if it works and that's why they were going to dyno test it. I agree that if they get 40HP, someone else could get less or even more, but at least there is some kind of reference gain.

Danny

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Dynos or no dynos, some will always have something to say ... if you like the design and concept behind the work, buy it, if you don't, don’t buy it.

Imagine if Tim would to release a dyno of before and after with let's say 40hp gain and you felt soo optimistic and happy and got yourself one and then you only get like 20hp gain ... OMG .. You would immediately say Tim cheated us, his dyno showed 40hp and I only got 20hp, what gives!!! and so on ... without noticing that the two cars have somewhat of a different setup

Based on the above, I would recommend that you buy it if you like it. Other wise you might want to go and design your own intake manifold based on your experience and technical abilities.

Other than that, I have seen people of this forum jump on a new product or a development of product just to shut it down and when that happens they go and pout about not having a lot of options. This kind of behavior ensures that product developers will NEVER share with us what they are doing or planning to do.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
I can't believe I just read 20 pages of BS posts and running around, with NO results. Aftermarket companies always talk about 'not hyping the product before there's hard numbers'
yeah right!

Tim- while I appreciate the efforts to expand the consumer's choices in this area, I have to say it looks prety **** poor, this whole situation at this point.
For all of you that have been whining and complaining about Tim and SFR not giving you the info you want about this manifold, quit b!tching to Tim. Tim sent me the manifold a while ago to do the NA testing. However, since then, the manifold has been the last thing on my mind. My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (which has now spread to each of the lobes of his liver, up to 2.5 cm each from 1.5 cm each in only the last 2 months). My wife and I have been on emergency leave from work since the 25th of last month to stay with my father and mother in the last days of his life. Luckily for me, my employer is ok with this, however my wife's employer is probably going to fire her soon (we don't really care though b/c certain things take priority over others, family>job).

Now, with that said, I apologize for not posting a write-up with dyno sheets, but more so, I apologize to Tim b/c he's been getting all the heat for not getting the product completely on the market quick enough (some of you have some high standards ).

Cliffe notes=

1.) b]tch at me, not at Tim and

2.) Sorry for not giving so much of a $hit about this manifold right now.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Zexy

...It's still a single TB though... Any added benefit to this?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:30 PM
plumpzz

all vendors and deisgners should take note:
don't release a 'we're working on' thread before its actually done. You can't start marketing something w/o having a final product (even if specifically Tim wasn't marketing, rather just showing work in progress). Im sick of people coming in here saying they have a product ready to be sold and its not even ready..

once again, this isn't directed toward tim, but vendors who do this kind of activity.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:47 PM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by Zexy
...It's still a single TB though... Any added benefit to this?
I’m currently working on a way to install bigger throttle bodies with the stock DBW, If that works .. we will have some fun then
Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by plumpzz
all vendors and deisgners should take note:
don't release a 'we're working on' thread before its actually done. You can't start marketing something w/o having a final product (even if specifically Tim wasn't marketing, rather just showing work in progress). Im sick of people coming in here saying they have a product ready to be sold and its not even ready..

once again, this isn't directed toward tim, but vendors who do this kind of activity.
Sorry to sound harsh but this is a F#CKING B!TCH @SS REPLY! If this wasnt directed at any one in particular you would have made a totaly seperate thread. Since you chose this thread to post your frustration over how people should or should not market there product, or post a work in progress, you chose to direct this at him in particular. If you dont like it dont read it.

He was trying to inform us of a product comming up, it's not there fault people have the patients of a 2 year old on speed. Its not there responsibility to post every day. There are some things that definately take place over this site and they are not responsible to you or any one here to inform you of there private life. (yeah I know sacreligious)

You are a stranger to him and his real life so who are you to critisize any one for not informing "the public" of whats in his private life. I didnt see any one talking this type of crap about the up comming GT-R it was alway "wow cant wait!", "OMFG saving up now!" and the only time any one complained when there was misinformation posted or too much speculation.

Originally Posted by plumpzz
... Im sick of people coming in here saying they have a product ready to be sold and its not even ready..

..once again, this isn't directed toward tim, but vendors who do this kind of activity..

This is what you call passive agressive. If your that frusterated just click "unsubscribe" and leav it alone.

To every one else, yeah I'm p!ssed. I'm going through a similar situation and I cant leave infact I havnt been able to leave the island because of work. When I was able to take a vacation I could not leave the island because I was on call. I have people like those @ss holes I have to answer to I am tired of hearing people cry about crap like they owe you any thing. Kalima275Z I aplaude you for setting your priorities and knowing whats important in your life.

So complain if you want, hell ban me if you want. I dont care, people need there private life and dont need to answer to web hobbits or ask there blessings to see there own family.

Peace, Im done!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:27 AM
plumpzz

damn, i just ment it in terms of things like the dreamworks sc lol. Dont get ur panties in a bunch you mangina.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM
punish_her

aww how sweet it must be deffinition 4 your pretaining to.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mangina

I'm just sick of hearing people whine and being selfish. In genral we as a whole need to think of others. yeah no saint here but I try my best when I'm not working on the car.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck with your family issues. I too have had family members in a similar situation to your father's. I wish you the best.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:49 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Best of luck with your family issues. I too have had family members in a similar situation to your father's. I wish you the best.
Thanks Sharif, I wish I could have had you tune my car earlier this month, but like I stated earlier, I had to leave on the 25th of last month. I called Eric last week and had him mail my headers and cats to me at my temporary address in Kentucky, he's a great guy. Hopefully, the headers and cats install isn't the last garage day for my Dad and I. He's getting weaker by the day.

Anyway, though. I'll be back to NC sometime after my father's passing for 1, possibly 2 months. I'll see you then.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Zues350ztt

Well put if you dont like the product unsubscribe.. You are not forced to wait... 95% of the people *****ing were not going to buy it anyways... Just by lookin at the design of the plenum you know its better then all the other plenums realesed thus far..wait and see it will be on a high hp Z soon...
Old 05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Zues350ztt

antoher thing sometimes things happen that you cant control give then a break..

Last edited by Zues350ztt; 05-22-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Zues350ztt

Last edited by Zues350ztt; 05-22-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:53 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

James, You should not have all the *****ing directed at you.They should direct some of it at me since I havent gotten back on the dyno with the SFR twin turbo Z:^) For all the pessimistic people.......we will have dyno results soon enough. For all the supporters,we appreciate it.There will not be a disappointment.When the testing is done, we will have these available for sale immediately.We have only sold a few manifolds to some beta testers so there is not 100's of these out there so....... the testing has been rather slow at this point.I am ready to get my car back on the dyno and I should be able to do it this week! So I will keep you all posted.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
James, You should not have all the *****ing directed at you.They should direct some of it at me since I havent gotten back on the dyno with the SFR twin turbo Z:^) For all the pessimistic people.......we will have dyno results soon enough. For all the supporters,we appreciate it.There will not be a disappointment.When the testing is done, we will have these available for sale immediately.We have only sold a few manifolds to some beta testers so there is not 100's of these out there so....... the testing has been rather slow at this point.I am ready to get my car back on the dyno and I should be able to do it this week! So I will keep you all posted.
Tim, we still want one..Make it happen.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
redline350ZZ

The turbonetics has the BOV on the intake piping so is there a plan to incorporate something? or will this product be unusable to me?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
The turbonetics has the BOV on the intake piping so is there a plan to incorporate something? or will this product be unusable to me?

well your IC piping will be shortened.....you will have to put the BOV either on the outlet side of the intercooler or on the piping in front of the cooling fans. It'll require customization, but based on dyno numbers and averages, it might be worth it.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 AM
thawk408

I am very sorry for you family issues kalima and I wish then the best. I heard from a credible source tho that you did dyno the car and it lost somewhere around 15rwhp. This could be false, but I doubt it. If the manifold lost power then just say it. On an FI setup this manifold could work, but on NA I don't see how it would gain power with the piping being so large and long.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

There is more to it then just posting results.Especially when you are talking about results that are with an untuned setup.Kalima did get on the dyno.He did lose a little power.I think it was like 10 horsepower.The thing is that his car was running 17.2-18 to 1 mixtures so it was real lean. His Utec was not working right so he could not tune the car properly which is why he is going back to the dyno to continue the testing. So why should he post this unless has tuned the car and then lost power.

Last edited by TurboTim; 05-31-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply: SFR twin plenum intake manifold