Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR twin plenum intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey tim, which email address, the one on the SFR site? Also any insight on the Y-pipe back exhausts more importantly the Burns, SFR, and Magnaflow setups?
Old 04-29-2006, 07:39 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuff like that takes time and research. Would you all be happy if they released a BOMB SHELL manifold that doesn't even work?? You should be happy tim is spending so much time perfecting this..
Old 04-30-2006, 03:58 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Stuff like that takes time and research. Would you all be happy if they released a BOMB SHELL manifold that doesn't even work?? You should be happy tim is spending so much time perfecting this..
You mean like the Kinetix one you have..lol J/K...
I will go on the record and say that the Kinetix plenum is an outright, chrome plated piece of dookie, that IMHO is nothing more than a fancy "LOOKING" plenum, which has proved ZERO legitimate gains.Yet people line up to spend $800 on this thing..Shouldnt it tell you something when legitimate race shops with 11 and 10 second street, daily driven 350Z, outright REFUSE to sell it or install it??? There is not enough volume or runner velocity to make it work right, and it has ZERO R&D behind it... The company shows an outright FAKE dyno, of a before and after tuned supercharged car making 60-80whp Thats the tune, not the plenum trust me..Alot of people flame me for being so blunt and to the point, but I tend not to candy coat my words and me feelings, and if I offend someone, I am sorry...And dont believe what you read in Import Tuner, the companies that have products reviewed in there are PAYING ADVERTIZERS in that magazine, get it?
BUT, for all the doubters of Tim and SFR, keep this in mind,their plenum has more R&D time in it so far than Kinetix has on their entire product line.When Tim and the guys at SFR release this plenum, rest assured it will be a functional piece of equipment, that actually has proven to make legitimate gains in HP and airflow, or the guys at SFR will not release it , period..

So all you guys that said its VAPORWARE, just sit back and relax..Tim has undergone some recent events in his life that put his priorities in a different perspective.And when he is ready to release this project it will be released. My advice to Tim would have been to keep it all hush hush, until he had a viable product to be released to the market.People tend to like the old "where the hell did that come from???" marketing ploy over the pre-Hyped product release method..I would have just SHOCKED the entire forum and market by releasing it all at once with dyno numbers and videos and time slips to prove it works, but thats just me, Im the "in your face" type of guy..
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 AM
jdm4eva

Originally Posted by atar350
I agree, people ARE weird like that, buying 20 inch heavy wheels big shiny intakes, some are halfway weird and want good performance from the best looking parts, I like to have both, performance and looks, thats what the Z's all about to me, it looks really good, and performs just as good.

I like this plenum alot, and would buy it, but in my perfect symetry world.......lol, it would be symetrical.
You guys are absolutely right, cause they have lots of G owners who are the same way.... . There like do this, do that, make it look pretty.....

To me as long as the piece is functional, makes decent gains and looks half good, it's good enough for me......

jdm4eva
Old 04-30-2006, 04:16 AM
jdm4eva

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
You mean like the Kinetix one you have..lol J/K...
I will go on the record and say that the Kinetix plenum is an outright, chrome plated piece of dookie, that IMHO is nothing more than a fancy "LOOKING" plenum, which has proved ZERO legitimate gains.Yet people line up to spend $800 on this thing..Shouldnt it tell you something when legitimate race shops with 11 and 10 second street, daily driven 350Z, outright REFUSE to sell it or install it??? There is not enough volume or runner velocity to make it work right, and it has ZERO R&D behind it... The company shows an outright FAKE dyno, of a before and after tuned supercharged car making 60-80whp Thats the tune, not the plenum trust me..Alot of people flame me for being so blunt and to the point, but I tend not to candy coat my words and me feelings, and if I offend someone, I am sorry...And dont believe what you read in Import Tuner, the companies that have products reviewed in there are PAYING ADVERTIZERS in that magazine, get it?
BUT, for all the doubters of Tim and SFR, keep this in mind,their plenum has more R&D time in it so far than Kinetix has on their entire product line.When Tim and the guys at SFR release this plenum, rest assured it will be a functional piece of equipment, that actually has proven to make legitimate gains in HP and airflow, or the guys at SFR will not release it , period..

So all you guys that said its VAPORWARE, just sit back and relax..Tim has undergone some recent events in his life that put his priorities in a different perspective.And when he is ready to release this project it will be released. My advice to Tim would have been to keep it all hush hush, until he had a viable product to be released to the market.People tend to like the old "where the hell did that come from???" marketing ploy over the pre-Hyped product release method..I would have just SHOCKED the entire forum and market by releasing it all at once with dyno numbers and videos and time slips to prove it works, but thats just me, Im the "in your face" type of guy..
Very well spoken dude, some people just believe that making parts and R&D is something that is done overnight! It's takes time and a bit of paitence from us car owners to give guys like Tim a fair chance

Keep up the good work Tim and I hope everything works out.....

I'm a "in your face" type of guy also.....

jdm4eva
Old 04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
dscheers

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Y I will go on the record and say that the Kinetix plenum is an outright, chrome plated piece of dookie, that IMHO is nothing more than a fancy "LOOKING" plenum, which has proved ZERO legitimate gains.
For the record: I haven't said one bad word about Tim's plenum and am patiently waiting for their numbers, BUT

I installed the Kinetix SSV, coming from the Kinetix V4 and I gained about 5HP. Saying that it's worthless, is too harsh. Apart from it's stupid angle (which effects Nissan minimized through varrying lower plenum runner's length and size), the stock plenum is already pretty good, So IMO, getting lots of HP gains from any plenum will be very hard. I really hope Tims proves me wrong (after all, it's a FI plenum) and then I'll put my money where my mouth is...

I have a vented hood and the SSV sits right beneath the vents, and the plenum get's cooled very well. I actually see a difference in 1/4 miles times with the vents closed and open.

Danny

Last edited by dscheers; 04-30-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
plumpzz

low blow, but i can say that i felt a gain. can you prove me otherwise julian- with a dyno chart or something?

besides the point..if another NA tester is needed...im here..w/ MRC's dyno to help :-D
Old 04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 months and what is the status of this?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

bump
Old 05-03-2006, 11:44 AM
redline350ZZ

Status...I need a new plenum, my Kinetix plenum makes a good cat food dish..
Old 05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

We will be finished soon so stay tuned.

Tim

Last edited by TurboTim; 05-04-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
dscheers

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We will be finished soon so stay tuned.

Tim
If the Dyno next weeks shows acceptable or better gains, when will the plenum be available to the public (read: me)

Thanks

Danny
Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 PM
njsho

Heres an oem dual lenght intake runner system for ya.

Last edited by njsho; 05-04-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
dscheers

Originally Posted by njsho
Heres an oem dual lenght intake runner system for ya.
And to say 93 Cobras came stock with that...

But why "dual lenght" ?

Danny
Old 05-04-2006, 04:20 PM
njsho

That was the intake from a Taurus SHO (mustangs never had them.) There are short runners and long runners (12 in total if you count them.) The long runners are tuned to produce power in the lower rpm's. At 4 grand the butterfly valves opened the short runners up which were tuned to make power in the higher rpms. If you look at a dyno graph for the engine, there are 2 torque peaks. Ive spread enough sho knowledge for the day.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
dscheers

That was the intake from a Taurus SHO (mustangs never had them.) There are short runners and long runners (12 in total if you count them.) The long runners are tuned to produce power in the lower rpm's. At 4 grand the butterfly valves opened the short runners up which were tuned to make power in the higher rpms. If you look at a dyno graph for the engine, there are 2 torque peaks. Ive spread enough sho knowledge for the day.
Impressive!

Got thrown off by the name of the pic: ~cobra93/cars/Ford-sho.gif

Danny
Old 05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
LODOSS

The acura Integra GSR B18C1 had the same design but a bit cleaner looking than the V6 one from taurus. It def makes the car more tq down low but even when both runners are open it still does not flow as well as one good size runner.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
jakesford

good to see some blue blood knowlege!!! lol

BTW many of the "mod motor" V8's, 4v's 3v's and 2v's also use a dual length runner system. But because of limited room for packaging a system like this, most people agree that removing the system gives more power by removing hardware from the air flow path...
Old 05-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Fluid1

I can't believe I just read 20 pages of BS posts and running around, with NO results. Aftermarket companies always talk about 'not hyping the product before there's hard numbers'
yeah right!

Tim- while I appreciate the efforts to expand the consumer's choices in this area, I have to say it looks prety **** poor, this whole situation at this point.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA i should prob go ahead and build a intake manfold that will get +50 HP! HAHAH to bad its not going to happen. stop wasting your time. nissans engineers know what there doing. you want power with response ans responsiility, give me 10 thousand dollars. and ill ship you a NISMO spec 2 engine package! Now thats Real power

Quick Reply: SFR twin plenum intake manifold