Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Just tell me if this sounds dumb!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 04:03 PM
backagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for dont do it, with the money that you will put into making it even come close to working, you probalby will maybe make 325 wheel hp, turbo is too small. save up 5k and do a turbonetics, install it with a friend, there are several people around you im sure that have done the turbonetics install. my friend did his and it was pretty easy. do it right the first time so you dont have to do it again.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Daytona350Texas

No there are ABSOLUTELY no turbo/SC Zs here. I and another guy (sponsored by intense) are the only Zs here and i beat him when i was completely stock (he has 03 base model with EFFED synchros from his drifting and totalling out his car 3 times) anyways hes rumored to be getting charged but no one knows the truth. So i would love to ride in a turbo/sc Z but as luck will have it, nobody around here or lubbock (within 2 hours away) has one

EDIT didnt mean to mislead, we are the only Zs running, the rest are all old people, or doctors/lawyers that dont race or modify...
Old 12-30-2005, 09:58 PM
mraturbo
Banned

More Headache than it is worth...

Warmly,

Michael
VRT

www.ViolentRacing.com
Old 12-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Ep3

so wait you thought you could do a cheaper custom turbo kit b/c somebody was going to sell you a used turbo for 400$ out of a neon so you basically have a small turbo.. please dont put this on your other car either
im serious
Joe
Old 12-31-2005, 01:41 AM
SRT4Geezer

OK, I am new here cuz I'm thinking of moving to a Z. Of course a big turbo would be in order.

OK, as far as this thread goes I have to say something. The SRT4 turbo will not creatively bolt up to your car. The turbo & manifold a integrated together. The exhaust side of the turbo IS the exhaust manifold. As far as details, the srt turbo is a 14g. no where near large enough to deal with the flow you need. Also, there is no Stage 4 kit for the srt4. Maybe some kit from a turbo guy, but not a dedicated kit for the srt4. AGP, Hahn or Mother Mopar are the best aftermarket kits for the srt4. The AGP & Hahn use turbo's that you could use on other cars. Mopar uses a larger turbo (16G) in thier Stage3r kit.
Let's review, Whatever your buddy is suggesting is retarded & you should RUN the other direction. Got it? Stick with a tuner that knows the Z & Forced induction.
If anyone wants to know anything about the SRT4, just ask. I am veteran with those cars. I love mine, just getting a little long in the tooth.
Here she is for referrence. You may have seen her at SEMA.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 AM
fillup

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
No there are ABSOLUTELY no turbo/SC Zs here. I and another guy (sponsored by intense) are the only Zs here and i beat him when i was completely stock (he has 03 base model with EFFED synchros from his drifting and totalling out his car 3 times) anyways hes rumored to be getting charged but no one knows the truth. So i would love to ride in a turbo/sc Z but as luck will have it, nobody around here or lubbock (within 2 hours away) has one

EDIT didnt mean to mislead, we are the only Zs running, the rest are all old people, or doctors/lawyers that dont race or modify...
There is one sc/ed (STILLEN) and one built and waiting to be turboed car in Amarillo. You would be surprised what is driving around. There are 3 fairly well modded z's in my neighborhood alone. Some of us old peeps you mention may just surprise the hell out of you.