Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Is anyone near 700whp yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
I dont think that any coilovers you find are going to help your situation. The type of spring rates and dampening/rebound etc that you need are the exact opposite of the direction you are headed with any currently available aftermarket suspension parts that I know of.

Pretty much anytime you put in a part that is going to make your car handle better, its going to drag race worse.

I was going to call Tein and see if I could get some custom rear springs for drag racing since its so easy to just change the springs out in the back of this car. and then I was going to use my JIC camber rods and just count the turns and go to as close as I can to straight or even a little positive camber (for when i plan to drag), and then count the turns and go back to my regular settings (for standard use). At least this was what I was gonna try out for this year... not sure how much room I have to work in those JIC arms.
I was hoping something like that would be do-able but doesn't that potentially screw up your alignment when you're at 0 and bascially cause more traction issues?

That would be a cool solution if it works....maybe someone could build a little device like the EDFC to automate that process...that way you can always go back and forth exactly.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
A Tein flex coilover kit is definitely more "handling" oriented then you want. The springs are too stiff to perform well in drag racing. Stock suspension isn't bad...but if you want to make the car handle better and not lose straight line traction, then go with a good set of sway bars and leave the rest of the suspension stock to aid in weight transfer at the strip.

The thing is...with a compromising setup you will always be giving something up. As you are right now. So I really don't see how you could make your straight line traction any better than it is right now without losing handling.

As for the traction bars....here's a link..you can probably find them cheaper.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Niss...ctionbars.html
BriGuyMax

I do agree the type Flex is way to stiff in the back for a drag set up... My shops car ran 8.33 @ 177mph on the Type Flex / GT spec rear lateral reinforcment / BF-G DR's The car just Hooked!

Here is a link

http://www.theexperience.com/video.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 07:05 PM
jalaan

wow
that run was sick!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by 1G-350Z
BriGuyMax

I do agree the type Flex is way to stiff in the back for a drag set up... My shops car ran 8.33 @ 177mph on the Type Flex / GT spec rear lateral reinforcment / BF-G DR's The car just Hooked!

Here is a link

can you elaborate more on that setup, Type Flex only in the Front?

I'd like to know more about the GT spec rear lateral reinforcement
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BriGuyMax

Here is a link

Number one...I am very aware of the Performance motorsport street class Z and it's accomplishments. If you haven't noticed, I've put up that link on this forum nearly 20 times for non-believers....

Though you just further proved my point. A 177mph trap is a 7 second trap with a GOOD launch. Obviously that car could get out of the hole harder with better weight transfer that can be had with a more drag condusive setup which is probably not allowed in the class that the car competes in.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:28 AM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Number one...I am very aware of the Performance motorsport street class Z and it's accomplishments. If you haven't noticed, I've put up that link on this forum nearly 20 times for non-believers....

Though you just further proved my point. A 177mph trap is a 7 second trap with a GOOD launch. Obviously that car could get out of the hole harder with better weight transfer that can be had with a more drag condusive setup which is probably not allowed in the class that the car competes in.
True the class it was in it was prohbative to run a drag set up... I think andrew 60ft was 1.30's.... Pretty impressive, I have the Type Flex and I can't budge the back end.... I think it is to stiff for street/road course... I'm probably going to swap the rear springs with something else.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 AM
MIAPLAYA

I think im currently running swift springs on my Zeal coilovers and they seem to work fine. They allow the car to squat pretty good when I set the suspension to soft, however 550+ or 600whp is a big difference than where im currently at.

True the class it was in it was prohbative to run a drag set up... I think andrew 60ft was 1.30's.... Pretty impressive, I have the Type Flex and I can't budge the back end.... I think it is to stiff for street/road course... I'm probably going to swap the rear springs with something else.
Contact Swift springs. They have a WIDE range of spring rates that will fit on just about anyones coilover setup. A member here swapped out his 7KG front HKS springs with some Swift 8 KGs. They fit right onto the strut body and perches.

Last edited by barthelb; 02-23-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 AM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I think im currently running swift springs on my Zeal coilovers and they seem to work fine. They allow the car to squat pretty good when I set the suspension to soft, however 550+ or 600whp is a big difference than where im currently at.

Contact Swift springs. They have a WIDE range of spring rates that will fit on just about anyones coilover setup. A member here swapped out his 7KG front HKS springs with some Swift 8 KGs. They fit right onto the strut body and perches.
Mia

Thanks they only make OEM replacement type 16mm drop... I need something that will sit on that collar... I'll call Tein see what they have...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:23 AM
cj350

I have a 370 rwhp if that counts........and my friend has anothe 385 rwhp so side by side we have like 700rwhp +
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Zilvia

no it doesnt it......but nice time you got there
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Mia

Thanks they only make OEM replacement type 16mm drop... I need something that will sit on that collar... I'll call Tein see what they have...
No dude thats not all they make. TRUST me. PM protocav on this board. He got some replacment Swift springs for this front HKS LS+ coilovers from a local US distributor. You just need to measure your Tein spring and tell them what the dimension are and tell them what spring rate you want.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
theking

You also have over 6000 lbs. LOL
Originally Posted by cj350
I have a 370 rwhp if that counts........and my friend has anothe 385 rwhp so side by side we have like 700rwhp +
Old 02-23-2006, 11:10 AM
turismo

Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 PM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No dude thats not all they make. TRUST me. PM protocav on this board. He got some replacment Swift springs for this front HKS LS+ coilovers from a local US distributor. You just need to measure your Tein spring and tell them what the dimension are and tell them what spring rate you want.
I'll do.... Talked to Tein they can special order spring rates... We will see.. It's going into the body shop tomorrow for some skirts, and aprons...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OO Ill be there Soon
Old 02-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Speedracer

Originally Posted by RTracing
Is anyone near 700whp yet, if so what do you have?
I just ordered my emanage ultamite through forged internals (thanks Sharif). I have the APS TT set up with the bigger actuaters, and 650cc injectors. I made 620whp at 13psi but thats as far as i could get with the aps injectors and the unichip. So now i have the stuff i need to go to 16psi which should get me close to 700whp or more on 109 octane And yes i have a fully built engine, with 10.6:1 compression thats why i dont need much boost. Does anyone know who has the most HP on a street driven 350z?
I fail to see the point of a 700hp Z. There is simply no way of generating enough traction to handle this amount of power. In my experience about 400hp is the useable limit without All-wheel drive.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Speedracer
I fail to see the point of a 700hp Z. There is simply no way of generating enough traction to handle this amount of power. In my experience about 400hp is the useable limit without All-wheel drive.
In a straight line, at 100mph+, 700whp is perfectly usable. But I agree, which is why most people will run two tuning maps: low boost for street tires and fuel, and a second high boost map for the drag strip, with drag radials..etc.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:10 PM
calimarc

Originally Posted by Speedracer
What size drag radial are you using and what approach did you take towards your suspension if any? I agree 700 whp it is an amazing amount of power...and we all know that for some it is about having the number. However if you enjoy racing from a roll it can be made to work. Hell even from a dig you can always catch them after nursing your beast through the first three gears!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:49 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
In a straight line, at 100mph+, 700whp is perfectly usable. But I agree, which is why most people will run two tuning maps: low boost for street tires and fuel, and a second high boost map for the drag strip, with drag radials..etc.
I agree with Sharif. I think most of us running high HP are using at least 2 sets of boost/maps if not more.

I will be running a low boost setting tuned to 93 octane for the street. Running around 425+whp @ around 6 - 8 psi.
Then I will have a second setup with a 2 stage launch program for race fuel, and 15+ psi to take advantage of the highest boost I think I can safely generate. Planning well above 650+ whp with my modified turbo setup.

I think this is reasonable. Fun on the streets and hopefully fast as hell on the strip.
-B
Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
RedLeader

Mrtomcat-
"spdkils" is running the Race-Logic setup. You might ask him what he thinks.

Quick Reply: Is anyone near 700whp yet?