Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JWT/VRT Built 350Z Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
I though I subscribed to this thread but I guess I didn't lol. Thanks for the compliments on my car! The SVRTech 3" exhaust should be shipping out any day then it will get re-tuned and dynoed sometime between Feb. 26th and March 3rd.
Can't wait til we dyno your car after the 3 inch exhaust Mike B. We have an incredible G35C over on the JWT dyno, will keep everyone posted on the results ASAP.

M
Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Can't wait til we dyno your car after the 3 inch exhaust Mike B. We have an incredible G35C over on the JWT dyno, will keep everyone posted on the results ASAP.

M
Ed's G35 is on the dyno today!? Can't wait for the results.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:06 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Ed's G35 is on the dyno today!? Can't wait for the results.
Will post Friday afternoon. Still working my friend. Today was street tune day. Friday is peak power .....

M
Old 02-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Numbers look great but the trq. #'s is what im really intrigued about. Lets say you put the JWT kit on the new rev-up motors, same parts as the car dynoed and with the higher rev-limit, am i right to assume that once the car reaches redline, the trq. will drop nearly in half from peak?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
The Numbers look great but the trq. #'s is what im really intrigued about. Lets say you put the JWT kit on the new rev-up motors, same parts as the car dynoed and with the higher rev-limit, am i right to assume that once the car reaches redline, the trq. will drop nearly in half from peak?
Not sure what you are talking about. The torque stays over 450 FT/LB till 6000 rpm. A New ZO6 peak torque is 479 FT/LB.

With this kind of set-up and boost level, you simply shift the car to the next gear!

M
Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 PM
legend4life

Will post Friday afternoon. Still working my friend. Today was street tune day. Friday is peak power .....

M
Can't wait for that post. If its not too much trouble I would love to hear your impressions in detail of how it feels driving around on the street, drivability, traction, low end, midrange, topend, shiftpoints, sound, fun factor, overall feel, etc....
Old 02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by legend4life
Can't wait for that post. If its not too much trouble I would love to hear your impressions in detail of how it feels driving around on the street, drivability, traction, low end, midrange, topend, shiftpoints, sound, fun factor, overall feel, etc....
PM me please and we can discuss.

Michael
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 PM
legend4life

PM me please and we can discuss.

Michael
You have a PM sir. Also is it possible to get a video any of these setups for the dyno run?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Please visit

http://violentracing.com/Videos/new11_2005.htm

We have all kinds of video. Can you be a little more specific?

M
Old 02-10-2006, 06:19 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I can answer that for you! Regular street driving is almost just like stock, but you get up to the speed limit a little faster . Traction is tough to find in first and second and sometimes even 3rd. I have even broken the tires loose in 4th. Low end is where boost starts. Midrange is very powerful, top end is still powerful. Shiftpoints come up very very very fast and I am still getting used to the speed of the revs, but there is power all the way to redline. Sound of the turbos spooling and the bypass valve are louder than I thought it would be, but I also have no interior or sound deadener in my car. Fun factor is out of control! Just driving down the street knowing that none of them can even touch you is very fun. Especially the first time you see a Ferrari The overall feel of the car is very strong, linear, and solid. It has gobs of power throughout the powerband. These impressions are reflections of 8.5 lbs of boost on a built 8.5:1 motor which is putting out 446whp. I haven't driven on the 10 or 14 lb tunes yet.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
overZealous1

wait till ya crank up the boost!!! i can't help but put a smack down on any car that even looks twice at me on the freeway, lol.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:52 PM
mraturbo
Banned

I can answer that for you! Regular street driving is almost just like stock, but you get up to the speed limit a little faster . Traction is tough to find in first and second and sometimes even 3rd. I have even broken the tires loose in 4th. Low end is where boost starts. Midrange is very powerful, top end is still powerful. Shiftpoints come up very very very fast and I am still getting used to the speed of the revs, but there is power all the way to redline. Sound of the turbos spooling and the bypass valve are louder than I thought it would be, but I also have no interior or sound deadener in my car. Fun factor is out of control! Just driving down the street knowing that none of them can even touch you is very fun. Especially the first time you see a Ferrari The overall feel of the car is very strong, linear, and solid. It has gobs of power throughout the powerband. These impressions are reflections of 8.5 lbs of boost on a built 8.5:1 motor which is putting out 446whp. I haven't driven on the 10 or 14 lb tunes yet.
Well said. The power gets more fun everyday. 10-12 lbs is a perfect setting for the track. If you master that power on the track, you are the Sh...

What about the suspension, need to weigh that rear end down to get here to grab???

M
Old 02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

What about the suspension, need to weigh that rear end down to get here to grab???

M
I am hoping that re-locating the battery to the back and then corner balancing the car will make it better. If that doesn't help then I will start searching for softer springs.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:25 PM
mraturbo
Banned

I am hoping that re-locating the battery to the back and then corner balancing the car will make it better. If that doesn't help then I will start searching for softer springs.
Cool.

M
Old 02-11-2006, 07:43 AM
mraturbo
Banned

You have a PM sir. Also is it possible to get a video any of these setups for the dyno run?
Re: Built JWT TT Kit
Imran,

I believe 350ZNV answered the questions perfectly. He is one of our clients and I know it is best for you to here it from a satisfied customer as opposed to me, the salesman.

However, I am first a racer. VRT is made up of racers. We didn't get into this to wrench, but to build amazing Kick *** cars so we can go to racetracks around the world and pass Porsches, Corvettes, Vipers, and more...Watch our video!

Here is MB - 350ZNV response which I highly recommend.

M

"I can answer that for you! Regular street driving is almost just like stock, but you get up to the speed limit a little faster . Traction is tough to find in first and second and sometimes even 3rd. I have even broken the tires loose in 4th. Low end is where boost starts. Midrange is very powerful, top end is still powerful. Shiftpoints come up very very very fast and I am still getting used to the speed of the revs, but there is power all the way to redline. Sound of the turbos spooling and the bypass valve are louder than I thought it would be, but I also have no interior or sound deadener in my car. Fun factor is out of control! Just driving down the street knowing that none of them can even touch you is very fun. Especially the first time you see a Ferrari The overall feel of the car is very strong, linear, and solid. It has gobs of power throughout the powerband. These impressions are reflections of 8.5 lbs of boost on a built 8.5:1 motor which is putting out 446whp. I haven't driven on the 10 or 14 lb tunes yet."