Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS extreme fuel system - pic included

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Only problem with APS is their custsomer support/service/warranty. however, that kit looks sharp. The new CJM one looks nice too.. the new AAM one however, is where its at.
Actually the CJM one is really top grade quality FYI..Where would you get your information from?? I do agree on APS's customer service being a bit of an issue for some people..But they are working on it..

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 04-06-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by phunk
not a bad system, too bad you have to use their injectors tho.
not sure about that..
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i bet you will find that only the little short injectors they supply will fit under the rail... which is why the AAM and the CJM rails have an offset injector boss, just to accomodate taller aftermarket injectors.

also, i just noticed... they eliminated the stock fuel filter, but have not replaced it. no filter!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 AM
chimmike

only thing i'd worry about is how long it took to get to me.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:36 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

wow thats gangsta
Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
So are the AAM stage II system's rails actually going to fit properly under the intake manifold or will there be grinding to be done like the first system?
AAM' systems uses the standard Stage I rails, so no changes there. The feedback line is now -8, and uses an adaptor on the rails.

The APS system looks nice, but I wish they would sell it without the injectors, harness, and fuel rails. Othewise, the vast majority of people with Stage I fuel systems will be tossing/selling their old systems.

I am going with the AAM stage II system.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

The AAM Stage II pump assembly is very trick, I agree with Shariff. The downfall of the APS kit is that they will want you to buy everything at once, when all anyone will need on their path to big HP is a either the AAM Stage II pump upgrade or what we will be releasing this year, which is just a drop in twin pump assembly... everyone already has rails and injectors and new clips soldiered in ETC by the time they decide its time for 2 pumps.

This APS system will be for the guys who have the basic APS TT kit with just the basic APS fuel system and decide they finally want to go crazy and upgrade the turbos, etc. The only things I see that I dont like about it is that there is no fuel filter at all (the screen on the fuel pump pickup does not count), the fuel pressure is not adjustable at all on those regulators, the rails most likely will only clear the bottom of the intake manifold if your using the APS injectors, and then their new surge tank is tiny as hell, same size as stock one. When you sucking 700rwhp of fuel out of that canister... do you think that little can is going to stay full if the tank level isnt high enough to gravity feed it?

Last edited by phunk; 04-06-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

This APS system will be for the guys who have the basic APS TT kit with just the basic APS fuel system and decide they finally want to go crazy and upgrade the turbos, etc. ?
Exactly.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
failsafe306

The downfall of the APS kit is that they will want you to buy everything at once, when all anyone will need on their path to big HP is a either the AAM Stage II pump upgrade or what we will be releasing this year, which is just a drop in twin pump assembly... everyone already has rails and injectors and new clips soldiered in ETC by the time they decide its time for 2 pumps.
My thoughts exactly. If it were out 6 months ago, I may have been all over it though.

Pick up the pace, APS!!
Old 04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
georgec

ok i get it... looks like they run a twin -6 from their pump assembly to their rails, then from each rail to each regulator then they are using the stock hardpipe as a return. not a bad system.
Should be be enough fuel for just on 1000 HP, I've seen the APS engineering Z car dyno at 818 whp with this fuel system.

too bad you have to use their injectors tho.
Why? The injectors have huge fuel flow (880cc) at just 58 psi fuel pressure and package very neatly.

George
Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
georgec

wow... this little cup of coffee im drinking holds more fuel than that intank swirl pot / surge tank. better watch out for the long sweepers hahah. otherwise looks very nice.
The fuel supply in demanding conditions will be easily up to the task as the fuel flow from the return line continues to supply fuel to the surge tank/swirl pot. In addition I'm told that the bottom of the swirl pot has a number of large openings to accomodate high volume inwards fuel flow to support very high horsepower.

George
Old 04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by georgec
Why? The injectors have huge fuel flow (880cc) at just 58 psi fuel pressure and package very neatly.

George
Because some of us are already running 1000cc.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Because some of us are already running 1000cc.
That's cool. APS is not into the bits and pieces fuel system approach because that end of the market is well covered by others. APS's approach is a thoroughly engineered fuel system to support high power (up to 1000 HP), a one stop shop low grief and cost effective approach for guys wanting a total engineered fuel supply solution.

George
Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
JeffesonM

what about no fuel filter?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:29 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
what about no fuel filter?
What fuel filter are you referring to? I don't believe there's any fuel filter on the Z (other than the filters in the tank which are retained in the APS extreme system fuel system) though I might be wrong.

George
Old 04-06-2006, 05:10 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

the stock plastic pump assembly that you have disposed of has a large internal filter.

the fuel pump pickup socks are not actual filters, they just keep out the very large particles. you should add a real fuel filter inline.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Gman2004

the fuel pump pickup socks are not actual filters, they just keep out the very large particles. you should add a real fuel filter inline.
you should ask for royalties for your contribution toward the design.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
georgec

the stock plastic pump assembly that you have disposed of has a large internal filter. the fuel pump pickup socks are not actual filters, they just keep out the very large particles.
I can't see any internal filter in the plastic pump fuel pump assembly (I'll take your word on that though it must be very small) though if there's a filter it's certainly not serviceable in any way, shape, or form. If this filter blocks up over time then you'd have to replace the entire stock plastic fuel pump/swirl pot assembley.

you should add a real fuel filter inline.
That would be ideal for sure and it would be perfect if the new inline filter was fully serviceable as all filters get dirty/partially blocked over time.

George
Old 04-06-2006, 06:26 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by georgec
That's cool. APS is not into the bits and pieces fuel system approach because that end of the market is well covered by others. APS's approach is a thoroughly engineered fuel system to support high power (up to 1000 HP), a one stop shop low grief and cost effective approach for guys wanting a total engineered fuel supply solution.

George
id be surprised if they sold a large number of these complete kits.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by tig488
id be surprised if they sold a large number of these complete kits.
You may prove to be right though I'm told that the first 50 extreme fuel systems systems are sold.

Quick Reply: APS extreme fuel system - pic included