Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ARC Oil Catch Can and AAM Spec Modified ARC Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
did you guys try it on G35 Coupe ? who knows maybe it will fit :P
The G35 has a much different structure around the strut mount. With some custom brackets I'm sure it can be done.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:06 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by dirtroad
my question is would it be ok to put something between the can and the strut bar to prevent rattles? or does that get too hot? i'm thinking like a piece of insulating tape?

That would be fine. It should not get exceptionally hot.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by Yancy
"With a Forced Induction car it helps immensely to utilize intake vacuum (pre-turbo/suprecharger) to evacuate the crankcase of excess pressure created by blow-by and other factors. Ring sealing is better and seals/gaskets are less likely to blow out. At the same time, without a catch can, the atomized oil and carbon will eventually build-up in your intake piping and intercooler causing a loss of efficiency."

Does this come with a fitting whereby a line is connected to the block to eleviate the pressure? I've been told that the VQ engine has several areas on the block (ports I guess) that have plugged fittings that are capable of being tapped into to run a line from the block itself to a breather tank/oil catch can to eleviate the pressure that exists in the block/crank case area. Is that what this is doing? Thanks in advance.
Yes the ARC can is connected to the drivers side crankcase vent that is located on the back of the valve cover. This it T'd into the passenger side crankcase vent/PCV valve. Please note that this is techincally not emmisions legal. The T then runs into the ARC can. Hope that helps!