Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

car doesn't start as easy anymore

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:34 PM
kjbalto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car doesn't start as easy anymore

I think I remember reading about other people having this problem, but I'm not sure. I have the JWT kit and it has been running awesome for the last 3.5 months. Just the last couple of days I noticed that when I start the car it has to crank a few times before it starts now. It almost feels like it's not going to start up and then it does. It used to start right up normally. If I turn it off and back on it starts up quicker but still not normal. What could this be?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by kjbalto
I think I remember reading about other people having this problem, but I'm not sure. I have the JWT kit and it has been running awesome for the last 3.5 months. Just the last couple of days I noticed that when I start the car it has to crank a few times before it starts now. It almost feels like it's not going to start up and then it does. It used to start right up normally. If I turn it off and back on it starts up quicker but still not normal. What could this be?
have u checked/changed your plugs lately? could be fowled
Old 04-30-2006, 05:43 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Er..

Originally Posted by kjbalto
What Year is your Battery? The stock Battery seems to go at 2.5 years, often with many Modded add-on's shorten the life. Tony DG (Wld350Z) had it replace by Nissan and had to kick in a Sawbuck or two.

Cheers Amy -
Old 05-02-2006, 05:09 AM
kjbalto

My car is an '03. The battery goes that fast??? wtf? That can't be. If that were true then this board would be full of people posting about bad batteries since a lot of guys have '03's. I haven't checked my plugs but they were replaced when I got my TT kit installed which was last January. Any other ideas? It also doesn't sound like a dead battery. It sounds like it could be the plugs because it cranks about 5 times before it starts. A dead battery would give me no juice at all.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
BoOsTedz33TT

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
have u checked/changed your plugs lately? could be fowled
Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Battery went on my 03 Z a year ago, but you are right a dead battery would just not crank after a while. It sound like maybe a plug problem as mentioned but also like a bad/leaky injector(s)
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Three5oZee

hmmm i thought about changing my battery...anyone try those optima batteries?..i hear those are pretty damn strong...!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 AM
dirtroad

my battery just went last month.... less than 3 years. it was getting weaker and took longer to crank up - new batt is perfect.