Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New pricing on APS ST setups -> $4995!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how low does this turbo sit!

my car is pretty much damn low!

the last thing i want it to drag a $5000 turbo kit on the ground which is part of the draw of the tn kit!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:54 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by MI 35th

the last thing i want it to drag a $5000 turbo kit on the ground which is part of the draw of the tn kit!
You won't hit the turbo at all since it's located where the cats used to be, but you will definitely hit the Y-pipe replacement pipe. This pipe is huge and hung low. Because of this pipe, your bottom will be lower than before by about an inch. I suggest you raise your car a little to compensate for the lowered bottom. My Z is a stock height and I bottom out on speed bumps that I used to ignore... It's not too bad though... I'm not planning on lowering my car although I have a Tein Flex.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:19 AM
synth19

I posted this in another thread, but let me paste this here:

I never understood why ppl speculate and then post their opinions online without any facts. Here is a statement from Peter:

Originally Posted by APS
APS has no plans at this time to discontinue the ST system (I 'd expect the ST system to be in production for at least another 4 to 5 years given the size and popularity of the 350Z), quite the opposite in fact as can be seen by APS setting a highly competitive MSRP for the ST system product.

On the ST exhaust issue, APS has more systems planned for production, these ex systems should be available in approx 4 to 5 weeks time. Many thanks,

Peter,

APS
Old 07-21-2006, 08:06 AM
dirtroad

Originally Posted by MI 35th

my Z is lowered about 1.5" and I've had the APS ST for about a year - the only scraping I ever had was in a crappy parking garage while going up the ramp. the transitions from one floor to the next were at a sharp angle, and afterwards i took a look under the car. there was a scratch on the midpipe before the exhaust, but no where near the turbo itself. since then, i just realized you have to know where you can and can not go.
oh yeah - i think you'll have a lot more problems with the TN kit making your hood so hot that you can't touch it, than you ever will with the APS kit dragging on the ground. my engine temps never went over the normal range.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Off topic... sorry...

Hey dirtroad,

Don't you do circuit driving once in a while? I have a question for you.. I drove several laps on a techical track with many turns and I overheated... My power steering oil boiled and splashed all over inside the hood.. but the coolents didn't boil.. Anyway.. Do you have any other cooling mods like radiator and engine oil cooler?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

my Z is lowered about 2" i have my apexi-n1s setup perfect for my driving style, low roll great turn in, and the best handling!

This is something I have to think about definately becasue my house has a huge entrance hill, and my garage is subterranian (Sp). so i have to go down at a steep angle!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
G352NV

5K for this kit is a great deal,wow!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:02 AM
dirtroad

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
Off topic... sorry...

Hey dirtroad,

Don't you do circuit driving once in a while? I have a question for you.. I drove several laps on a techical track with many turns and I overheated... My power steering oil boiled and splashed all over inside the hood.. but the coolents didn't boil.. Anyway.. Do you have any other cooling mods like radiator and engine oil cooler?
no mods - other than the stillen series 2 bumper which lets in much more air to the front and i run water wetter in the radiator. my power steering cooler was relocated to an open area in my grille, i'd try that first if i was you.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
dosu350

Sounds like a great deal for some added power (:
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
And at 5000 dollars, why would the demand stop for the aps st? i think they put themselves back in the mix for the st kit to have. peoples biggest complaints were the customer service and price. i don't wanna argue the pros and cons of the kits. your propaganda campaign has to stop oleg. if you have direct knowledge that aps is discontinuing the st exhaust and dropping the st kit, by all means post up. if all you are doing is talking out your glutes, keep it to yourself homie.

You think, I think too. The APS is a worldwide brand name with dealers in Russia and Ukraine. It has VERY many other kits in production for VERY many other vehicles. The Z/G ST kit is, maybe, 5% of their total buisness, and they already have 2 extremely successful setups for the Z/G. The ST is a drop of water in a bucket in their whole operation. So I don't believe, considering everything, they would bother duking it out with TN for a ST market for the Z. But that's my opinion which I have no concrete facts to back up.
And propaganda campaign? I made like 2-3 posts about it based on the info presented here. But whatever, buy it and get that value. Just don't cry if you end up with a turbo kit for which there is no more replacement parts, homie.
And please don't bother responding. I am backing out of this conversation for good.

Last edited by Oleg; 07-21-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Bullitproof

Good.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
nlsqba

I am waiting for the new V8 M3. Then either the Beemer or the APS ST.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by nlsqba
I am waiting for the new V8 M3. Then either the Beemer or the APS ST.
I am selling the Z ASAP, latest by spring and trading up to an Elise or an Exige.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by dirtroad
my Z is lowered about 1.5" and I've had the APS ST for about a year - the only scraping I ever had was in a crappy parking garage while going up the ramp. the transitions from one floor to the next were at a sharp angle, and afterwards i took a look under the car. there was a scratch on the midpipe before the exhaust, but no where near the turbo itself. since then, i just realized you have to know where you can and can not go.
oh yeah - i think you'll have a lot more problems with the TN kit making your hood so hot that you can't touch it, than you ever will with the APS kit dragging on the ground. my engine temps never went over the normal range.

FWIW, the turbo is shielded with a steel skid plate, which I believe is 5 mm thick (don't qoute me on the thinkness though). Should be robust enough to soak up the damage from scraping the ground...
Old 07-22-2006, 06:50 AM
JasiJ

Originally Posted by Oleg
FWIW, the turbo is shielded with a steel skid plate, which I believe is 5 mm thick (don't qoute me on the thinkness though). Should be robust enough to soak up the damage from scraping the ground...
In speaking with the great guys over at MRC, they explained that the Turbo itself does NOT sit lower than the frame. and as Oleg pointed out, it is shielded and shouldn't be a problem unless your car is slammed to the floor! but then you would be scrapping everything.....
Old 07-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Bullitproof

Except for major speed bumps (which i go around), the part that scrapes is my jic ehaust flange. other than that i don't have problems with the turbo sitting near the trans.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Except for major speed bumps (which i go around), the part that scrapes is my jic ehaust flange. other than that i don't have problems with the turbo sitting near the trans.
But would this issue be the case with the APS exhaust?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:22 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

No, APS or other exhaust is not the problem. Problem is the mid-pipe that replaces stock y-pipe.

Go to the link below and look at the 6th picture from the bottom. You can see the whole exhaust setup from the turbo.

http://www.jascomotors.com/bbs/board...&sCa=&sVa=&cn=
Old 07-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Bullitproof

No clue, hopefully i'll be able to tell everyone in a month or so. hopefully.

Quick Reply: New pricing on APS ST setups -> $4995!