Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 AM
chimmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys don't seem to realize that they don't just use the split second box to mess around with the cars, lol. The consult can do a bunch of really cool things......hinty hinty

Last edited by chimmike; 08-17-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 AM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Sounds, cool...Going to have to be a clients car though. I am tearing my G apart to add Roll-Cage and safety for the Time Attack series coming up.

Question:
Where the hell is the Nearest 1/4 mile to SD?

M
Cali speedway when they have a street legal drag event or LACR in palmdale on weds and Fri. The altitude at LACR is over 2,000ft compared to 1,200 at cali speedway so your times will be slower. Mike did you get my message?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont doubt JWT's tuning ability, but you have to be kidding if you dont think a well known tuner wouldnt inflate numbers to promotoe their products and make themselves look that much better-this dyno is "happy" without a doubt I dont care whos tuning on it....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is great!!!

i need to see some trap speeds. trap speeds never lie... with 750 hp, you should be trapping in the 130s....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by chimmike
you guys don't seem to realize that they don't just use the split second box to mess around with the cars, lol. The consult can do a bunch of really cool things......hinty hinty
Dude...what is the consult gonna do over any othe rmethod of tunning, that make an extra 200 hp over every one else??lol
Old 08-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mid to high 130's...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:18 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bigbri
LOL fukin Philthy...I agree with him though hard to believe these #'s with no head work....Also I remember the guy from vegas ran his car and only trapping 114mph with 550whp???? Something is off..
Hey guys.We dont have a dyno here.It is across the street.They have 3 Dyno Dynamics and 1 Dynojet.They have been utilized by countless magazines over the years because of their outstanding reputation and the fact that they will under no circumstances manipulate their dyno numbers.

Tim
Old 08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Hey guys.We dont have a dyno here.It is across the street.They have 3 Dyno Dynamics and 1 Dynojet.They have been utilized by countless magazines over the years because of their outstanding reputation and the fact that they will under no circumstances manipulate their dyno numbers.

Tim
+1.... Yes, the Duno Shop is a straight laced place. Thanks for pointing that out Tim. We use their dyno's all the time as well as JWT's. Its that JWT is where most of our cars get tuned. The Dyno Shop dyno's are always very consistant with what we get on JWT's DynaPack.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 08-17-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:36 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Default Hahaha, again

All the Naysayers crack me up. I for one, am tired of always trying to jump through hoops for some doubting Thomas's. We have proven what we do time and time again on these boards, and otherwise, whether its dyno numbers, track times, how many turbo kits (or builds) we have done, if it is possible to get these high HP #'s safely without a fuel return system, what width of tires we can run, etc. This is rediculous, although I am starting to learn how to take it as a complement . Like someone else said earlier, "Just because you can't do it (or figure out how to do it), doesn't mean that it can't be done". We will dyno a car on any dyno any day and get very impressive, and usually unmatched numbers, every time (like "Stillen Days" for example). IMO, I don't need to go in a straight line for 11 seconds to see the potential in these VRT built cars, traction is a HUGE part of the 1/8-1/4 mile game any ways, just as much as HP is. After all people, these ARE sports and sports luxury cars, better suited for road courses, are they not??
We don't need to prove anything to anyone but our customers, and if you ask them, we already have.

Have a nice day
Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
esfand

i coudnt come out, but i heard you were running some good times
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, the thread title boasts a bit of arrogance, that might be the start of it. every car that you do has this massive amount of horsepower. we just would like to see this crazy amount of hp put down on another dyno or track time.

trap speed in the quarter mile doesnt lie. you cant make your car go faster than the hp it has. if you have 600-800 daily driven Gs and Zs, why havent any of them gone to the track to back it up?? thats why everyone is calling BS on your numbers...

the reason people get soo mad is that these numbers arent possible with what you say you have done and then people read it and think its the norm. to the people who own shops and "know" what can really be done, this makes them look bad when they cant compare to "magic" numbers...

have a good day...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh snap!!! Subscribing b/c it seems as if "it's on"?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
this is great!!!

i need to see some trap speeds. trap speeds never lie... with 750 hp, you should be trapping in the 130s....
i would say closer to high 140s with a good drag suspension and wrinkle walls.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:38 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by esfand
i coudnt come out, but i heard you were running some good times
Yes Esfand,

My G was running great times at Button-Willow ONLY after I changed the front Hoosiers after killing them the week before at Willow. Funny, the car sat in the trailer and I didn't even think about the front tires, they had a Drift Event at Willow after the Mackin/Volk day and I did a few passes after switching to street tires in the rear, the Drifting killed the Front Hoosiers in 15 minutes...LOL

As for the track-day - Only the raced out Vettes and Rolex GT3 was faster last week. But if you read all of these comments, I couldn't possibly have or build a fast car.

For Drag Racing, not interested with my G35C at this time. Perhaps one of my new clients are interested, Not right now for me though...Trying to make it a Road-Race and Drift Monster. However, the car is at its limit when Road Racing. Need stiffer suspension, roll-cage, and remove around 300-500 lbs if possible to go faster and compete in time attacks late this year.

It was fun.

LOL - VRT appreciates the Hate-ration Crew, we have built our entire business on Your HATE. Started last year around this time, 6 magazines later, and constant invitations to do more, KEEP IT UP Folks. Awesome.

Doubters, 600-700-800, any car reaching this level is the sh$t. Please ask one or two or three people at the Stillen days that our Big Kit can't make BIG WHP at safe boost - Just plenty of slipping on that dyno that day and we still did what we set out to do. No Magic. There were 300-500 witnesses, ask them, I have nothing to prove to you Haters!

Thanks Though. Will invite you all to our Grand Opening of our new shop next month for a drink. Philthy, I hope you are coming so I can buy you a double of whatever you want. Would love to see you Tim, John, Jonny, and the SFR crew as well. Going to be a blast and I promise impressive Girls as well...

Fun Fun Fun!

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-17-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
rookie

I'm nobody but.....

The people saying go to the drag strip are die hard draggers. Very good drivers as well. What Alberto or Audible Mayhem can do behind the wheel of a drag car is hardly reproducable by more than a handful of other drivers here. Plenty of people go to the drag strip and don't put up anywhere near what they "should". That just proves how much skill it takes to get the power down the drag strip well, and I'm sure it took a lot of practice to do so.

Same thing can be said for Mike and Scotts road racing. Telling Mike and Scott to go dragging is like telling Alberto or Audible Mayhem to take there cars (as is), to a road race and expect them to kill it right away. I doubt it would happen, I'm sure they have the skill to make it happen with practice. But telling someone to right left handed when they are right handed and expect them to do it perfect is BS.

And the whole dynoing thing..... I'm fairly certain the VRT G maxed out the Stillen Dynojet on low boost. From someone totally independent that was there and took video. http://www.winorbin.com/gallery/Stillen06?page=4
Here's the 600+tq pull http://www.winorbin.com/gallery/Stillen06/MVI_6816 I'm not sure the exact psi that was used, I highly doubt it was the 20psi you see in the VRT video.

Yeah VRT is confident and very ambitious, is that a reason to bash them constantly? If you guys that hate on VRT think they are nothing but bs, beat them at their own game. Go to the trackdays, punish your setups for a couple of laps and prove to VRT that a drag set up and driver can do well at a road course as well.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Traction does not matter in the quarter mile.You will still have high trap speeds if you have enough power, even if you roast the tires all the way through the quarter mile.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:51 PM
rookie

Traction does not matter in the quarter mile.You will still have high trap speeds if you have enough power, even if you roast the tires all the way through the quarter mile.
I'm not a drag racer so if I make a fool of myself my bad...
MRC says 673hp https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/201501-mrc-has-done-it-again-673-whp.html

Did they make it down the 1/4 in the right time from this thread? https://my350z.com/forum/drag/206383-my-night-at-the-drag-strip.html scanning it, I think they trapped 127mph. Is that what they "should" trap for their power?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Traction does not matter in the quarter mile. You will still have high trap speeds if you have enough power, even if you roast the tires all the way through the quarter mile.
Wow,

I always thought Drag Racing was ALL ABOUT TRACTION. Why have Huge Slicks with Tubbed Rear-Ends if Traction doesn't matter? Or suspension that transfers the weight from front to rear IF TRACTION DOESN'T Matter?

I am no Drag Race Expert, yet I would imagine traction is JUST AS IMPORTANT ON THE DRAG-STRIP as it is on a Road Race Course???? I know my Evo VIII was fast on a 1/8 mile, not because WHP, but traction from all fours...

M
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Gators2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn this thread blow-up.

i think winning the drag race is about traction. Trap speed is set due to the length to obtain the speed. unless you grandma it.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
JimRHIT

He's saying you might run 13s .. but you'll still trap 130mph+

If you have ever seen or heard of a big single supra (street car) at the track .. they essentially idle away "briskly" and then take off like a scared kitten ... their time may suck .. their short times might suck .. but they trap high (bragging rights in the traction-less world of imports)

I watched a Supra back at IRP in Indy run 12.8x @141 one time .. it quite a show watching it essentially run down a car that had ~ 8 lengths on it by the 1/8th.

Quick Reply: 600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!