Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beastly G

[/QUOTE]
Before we turn any discussion into a ****-slinging monkey fest, we need to remember that we're all enthusiasts bitten by the Z tuner bug. Knowledge is power and the fun is that we all get to learn this stuff along the way.

Not trying to stir a debate (any further than it already has), but trying to bring to light that a conversation can be made intriguing given the right initial mindset.

Just food for thought.[/QUOTE]

You said sling monkey dung and food in the same post!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:00 AM
TENGAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
I admit my errors! Infinity, NFenatee! lol. Please correct me when I wrong...
It's all Nissan part numbers.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 AM
chimmike

420 crank horse power is achievable with the stillen set up on the rev up (with safe mods), do your research just as I did. You would actually have to pick up the phone and call Stillen becase the part numbers for the rev up just came out like 2 weeks ago for the 6sp (Vortech mid summer too), I can forward you the email if you need more verifaction?

okay, your first problem is you're believeing what Stillen is telling you.

You will NEVER get 420chp from a stillen stage 3 on a VQ35 without nitrous aid. I don't care what stillen says, all their claims are bogus on power gains so far.

You can forward me all the emails you want. I can see a 20whp gain over the non-revup for a stage 3, but then you're still talking maybe 300-320whp max on a stock setup with stage 3. If you're lucky.

as for running single exhaust, a lot of people are Especially the majority of us Turbonetics guys Everyone knows the APS dual 3" setup is for forced induction. And he didn't lose power due to lack of backpressure, he lost power because the piping was too big and the exhaust gases couldn't maintain velocity.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:18 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
For a completely stock car without exhaust, plenum spacer, etc. the APS twin kit seems to have the best quality. It is the hardest to tune as most companies don't tune Unichip, but the quality is much nicer than the Greddy. Simplicity and availability for future mods the Greddy kit. Easiest to install is the Vortech kit or APS single kit (both kits taking approximately 8-12 hours). With APS fixing the oiling issue it might be the new best alternative. We haven't sold many of the APS single kits but have sold quite a few of the Vortech. Just depends if you want a supercharger or turbocharger.
Well, I'm beyond that if you haven't noticed my sig.. Short of spending that much cash on a 4.3 stroker, generally what's the second best setup?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:22 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Kits!

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Well, I'm beyond that if you haven't noticed my sig.. Short of spending that much cash on a 4.3 stroker, generally what's the second best setup?

Turbonetics Single or Vortech, the Stillen is the most reliable in my opinion however the HP is short of the first two kits mentioned.

less HP, more reliable....factory N/A at 300Hp is the safest with factory warranty...lol.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Depending on the power levels you want, you can go with a built shortblock with or without sleeves. Sleeves would definately make it more reliable.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
You do need clutch (RPS comes with a replaceable flywheel inserts), axles, cooling is a recommendation for what it costs, probably valvetrain, can't think of what else but I know there is more.

Not bashing just reminding people it does get expensive really quick when you start building a motor. You can think you are going to get away with a $4-$6 built engine then end up spending quite a bit more. I have seen numerous times when someone comes in and then ends up spending more, not by us being awesome salesmen but them deciding that is cheaper in the long run .
+1, I did the same thing with my prelude before I had my Z. Decided I wanted to go F/I set a budget and went way over it. Not because I wanted to spend more but looking ahead when your motor is broken apart getting sleeved and all that its better to get things done at that time instead of later.

My future plans for the Z include F/I but its going to be me setting my budget and planning to go over by about 40% when its all said and done. It will always happen like that.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 AM
BrianLG35C

Turbonetics Single or Vortech, the Stillen is the most reliable in my opinion however the HP is short of the first two kits mentioned.

less HP, more reliable....factory N/A at 300Hp is the safest with factory warranty...lol.
I have the APS TT, I was talking about the motor build.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
tig488

injected perf, any numbers on that 4.3L beast. ive been reading about that thing since 2004 was it? just wondering if it runs or is it just a prop?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The safest setup can be any turbo or SC kit. Safety is defined by how the shop installs, tunes, and adds to the current kits on the market. None are perfect, and one size definately does not fit all.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:36 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Built Motor Link

I have the APS TT, I was talking about the motor build.

I have them at home not at work, I will PM you later with the info I found.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

It runs. So far it make 680rwhp DynoDynamics numbers or 768 DynoJet. That is with the stock head, intake manifold, 3" exhaust (now have 3.5"), etc at 23psi. We are only seeing 14rwhp per pound of boost and should see closer to 20rwhp according to Garrett and what we have seen in the past. Turbo isn't efficient until 30-60 psi. Our end boost will be 40psi, just taking our time and don't have much of it right now. We had to show it last year to take care of the sponsors, so that made it even more difficult to get it on the dyno, but after the 14th the stereo will be removed and the cage will be installed.

Originally Posted by tig488
injected perf, any numbers on that 4.3L beast. ive been reading about that thing since 2004 was it? just wondering if it runs or is it just a prop?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
BrianLG35C

I have them at home not at work, I will PM you later with the info I found.
Huh??
Old 09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ANYONE WHO HAS BLOWN THEIR ENGINE NEEDS TO SHUT UP! HAVE SOME RESPECT TO YOUR ELDERS WHETHER THEY ARE RIGHT OR WRONG!

9 PSI IS THE MAX FOR A VQ35 ENGINE PERIOD! YES, YOU CAN MAKE MORE POWER, YES YOU CAN RUN 10 -13psi, BUT GUESS WHAT, ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR AIR FUELS ARE OR what the DYNOJET HP NUMBERS SAID, its going to blow up!

The thing that gets me is... that everyone here is an expert.

The most reliable kits I have seen are the OUT OF THE BOX, no tuning required Stillen Stage 1,2,or 3, TN Single, GreddyTT and Vortech. Like I said, out of the box, no extra I’m going to blow my block one day mods!!!The Greddy TT out of the box kit doesn’t have an intercooler. Because running the out of the box settings are good at low psi!!!!
You think an out of the box Greddy with no tune and no timing retard on a measly 5.6psi is safe? You came on quite strong and in a forum with many smart/eductaed/respected people. You obviously dont know much, yet are very opinionated, not a good recipe IMO. I diagree highly to this comment you made below.....

If you are talking numbers over 400WHP (Which is the MAX) on a stock block, your comments and HP number are void, because they are temporary.
So none of the forum members with over 400whp can provide knowledge/opinions? So none of the pioneers in the FI Z community can help others because yuo feel the success is temporary? Thats the dumbest $hit Ive read all month. Why would somebody's numbers be void if they blew a motor or push more than 400whp? If anything your points/opinions are void because you dont know what your talking about OR have personal experience with a boosted Z/G. That comment was just silly, I really think you need to take a break and step away from the computer.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by chimmike
okay, your first problem is you're believeing what Stillen is telling you.

You will NEVER get 420chp from a stillen stage 3 on a VQ35 without nitrous aid. I don't care what stillen says, all their claims are bogus on power gains so far.

You can forward me all the emails you want. I can see a 20whp gain over the non-revup for a stage 3, but then you're still talking maybe 300-320whp max on a stock setup with stage 3. If you're lucky.

as for running single exhaust, a lot of people are Especially the majority of us Turbonetics guys Everyone knows the APS dual 3" setup is for forced induction. And he didn't lose power due to lack of backpressure, he lost power because the piping was too big and the exhaust gases couldn't maintain velocity.

I quoted this because G-spot, I'm waiting for you to respond with more idiocy.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The safest setup can be any turbo or SC kit. Safety is defined by how the shop installs, tunes, and adds to the current kits on the market. None are perfect, and one size definately does not fit all.
Exactly, kid has no experience or understanding

Originally Posted by Alberto
You think an out of the box Greddy with no tune and no timing retard on a measly 5.6psi is safe? You came on quite strong and in a forum with many smart/eductaed/respected people. You obviously dont know much, yet are very opinionated, not a good recipe IMO. I diagree highly to this comment you made below.....
So none of the forum members with over 400whp can provide knowledge/opinions? So none of the pioneers in the FI Z community can help others because yuo feel the success is temporary? Thats the dumbest $hit Ive read all month. Why would somebody's numbers be void if they blew a motor or push more than 400whp? If anything your points/opinions are void because you dont know what your talking about OR have personal experience with a boosted Z/G. That comment was just silly, I really think you need to take a break and step away from the computer.
Ummm... Alberto for President
Old 09-02-2006, 08:16 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Check Yourself, before you blow yet abother gasket!

Originally Posted by Peking
Exactly, kid has no experience or understanding

Ummm... Alberto for President
Obviously you blew you engine too with all your above 400WHP knowledge?

Build the block, then talk about your experiences over 400WHP! Why would you ever want anyone to experience all the pain a suffering that you are going through right now. Give good advise, not ohh I ran XXXWHP to the wheels at 14PSI. That sort of jargon will get kids killed out there. Keep inmind that youngsters are looking up to people like you and I. Why have a broke college kid have to part out his car because he blew his engine based on info they recieved from you or I? Thats all my post was supposed to be, and I will defend my stand against anyone on that.

Plain and simple.

FYI: Like SIAMESE said a few post up...we are all newbies and cant come close to the HEMI, Chevy 350, Ford 302, CIVIC or SUPRA engine knowledge that is out there...but it has been proven, EVEN FROM YOU, that these engines can not withstand over 400WHP consistantly. Part of my opinion is based on your experience.

Hell I could run a 200 shot of NOS for at least one past downt he 1/4 mile! That doesnt make the G or Z capable of doing such.
Help others prevent what you went (going through) through ALBERTO! You havent impressed anyone with a blown engine.

I am hear to learn, I have learned 400 is too much to the wheels.

My opinion is just that, my opinion. Which is based off my experiences with poeple like you and many others who have pushed the envelope until it cracked. Thats how we learn, im just telling others the limits. Why is everyone so bent on me saying that?

My points are solid, just like a built block.

The Out of the Box Greddy kit doesnt come with an intercooler, that is a fact.
Running a non-intercooled twin turbo on a VQ is bad, fact.
But Greddy still sells it....why so you can spend more money buying the intercooler and associated parts. Some people are gullible my friend.
But they both exist and are options that some of us need to stay away from.

I am hear to help myself and my fello newbies such as yourself (I am newbie too). I am not mad or upset at your opinions, nor am I bashing you for your lost. Just keep it real and face the music, every enige has a limits. We have an obligation to the hobbie/sport to make it painfully clear for the guys will less than huge check books.

I remember looking up to the supra guys in the late 80's saying one day...we my financial situation and age makes me and you the guys kids are looking up tp saying, one day I will have a Bad***zz G or Z. Lets teach them right. not rip them off.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-02-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:52 AM
KTaylor

there are people on this board with 30k+ FI miles on their stock block and over 400whp....
Old 09-02-2006, 11:08 AM
tig488

ive been running FI for 35K miles, with over 350 hp and tq.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:36 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by KTaylor
there are people on this board with 30k+ FI miles on their stock block and over 400whp....
+1

Quick Reply: Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!