Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Non-Stillen Hoods for Stillen SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
BlackSpec02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Im hoping to get her washed and waxed and get some real pictures up sooner than later.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
geezin56

Originally Posted by VN_350z
these stillen hoods look like a freaken mole on a face. so ugly
Stillen is only 5 min from my house. Untill they get better hood, no stillen supercharge for me
I'm sure some readers are a little slow on the up take, but after 3 (repeat) posts I think it's now clear you're not a fan of the Stillen hood.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 AM
GSXR-Z

Here is a pic of mine, its the only thing i have done to her so far, until i decide which direction i should go Personally, its not the hood i had in mind, but as it turns out it grew on me and i love it now

Non-Stillen Hoods for Stillen SC-350z-004.jpg
Old 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, does anyone have a pic of what the stillen V1 350Z hood looks like from the drivers seat looking down the road?

Chris
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
BlackSpec02

I should take a pic like that... the back of my cowl is all scratched up though... i need to get the entire hood sanded and re-cleared.

GSX-RZ - what stage are you? I would recommend either the stillen or HKS exhaust and stillen or JWT intake next for performance and wheels and suspension after that... make sure you get some decent tires and if you can resist the big wheel temptation stick with 18's so you dont lose performance.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:17 AM
GSXR-Z

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
I should take a pic like that... the back of my cowl is all scratched up though... i need to get the entire hood sanded and re-cleared.

GSX-RZ - what stage are you? I would recommend either the stillen or HKS exhaust and stillen or JWT intake next for performance and wheels and suspension after that... make sure you get some decent tires and if you can resist the big wheel temptation stick with 18's so you dont lose performance.
I believe you misunderstood. I dont have the stillen supercharger, I only have the SC CF hood. I have the stillen center exit exhaust with the lower rear valence at home but the valence and bumper are in CS so i need to get them re-painted. I am not sure if i am going to go that route, i might just look into trading the Center exit for some other performance part, or maybe some wheels. I am still trying to get a good idea of what i want to Z to look like when i am done so i dont buy parts that i will not end up using...knda like the center exit exhaust.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Sk8fe

Originally Posted by reptile718
I opted for the cowl only and not the entire hood. My Z is SS, the cowl is CF. I had to cut out a section of my factory hood for my S/C to fit through and the cowl went on top. This would give me the two tone look I wanted without wasting more money to get the whole hood in CF then have the sides painted to match the car. End result looks good. I am going to wash and wax her today, ill be posting up pics soon.
Any pics of your Z with the stock hood cut to clear the S/C (without the CF cowl attached)? Would love to see the Z with the Stillen S/C sticking out old school Muscle Car like! Did you post finished pics yet? Did I somehow miss them in this thread? Are they in another thread?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:27 AM
reptile718

Originally Posted by Sk8fe
Any pics of your Z with the stock hood cut to clear the S/C (without the CF cowl attached)? Would love to see the Z with the Stillen S/C sticking out old school Muscle Car like! Did you post finished pics yet? Did I somehow miss them in this thread? Are they in another thread?
I posted a link to my other thread showing pics of the cowl hood on my Z, check it out Sorry I didn't take any pics of the factory hood before the cowl was put on, should have now that im thinking about it.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Sk8fe

Saw them -- thanks! I didn't realize how big that cowl was...