Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Why are Supras so much better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:16 PM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-04-2006, 05:17 PM
michaeljr6

why can't we have that in our Z?!?!!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by doug
RB Engines in a Z are for people who want the easy way out
I will cost about the same to swap one of these and build a VQ that can hold 800+whp. And, the VQ will still put down more torque, make power with less boost, and have better power delivery.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
why can't we have that in our Z?!?!!?!?!?!?!
Because it is old technology, and we do not drive an R34 GTR?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Because it is old technology, and we do not drive an R34 GTR?
exactly.. people need to get over the RB trip... it was here.. it was great.. now its gone.. its all about the VQ now..

the RB has been here for ages... people have perfected it... they have gotten big power from it... if you can't be patient and watch the VQ expand develop and be as great if not greater than the RB .. then be my guess and toss that old *** motor in your car..

better yet.. why not toss a VG in there.. its already a 3.0L .. when i marvel at the power and torque you can get from a 3.8L VQ or a 4.2L VQ ... RB what?

you guys are too damn impatient .. you want everything right now.. too fast..

if guys didn't pioneer and blow motors and learn how to tune the VQ.. all us short road people would all be running around with RB Z33's..

patience.. you guys need patience
Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

exactly.. people need to get over the RB trip... it was here.. it was great.. now its gone.. its all about the VQ now..

the RB has been here for ages... people have perfected it... they have gotten big power from it... if you can't be patient and watch the VQ expand develop and be as great if not greater than the RB .. then be my guess and toss that old *** motor in your car..

better yet.. why not toss a VG in there.. its already a 3.0L .. when i marvel at the power and torque you can get from a 3.8L VQ or a 4.2L VQ ... RB what?

if guys didn't pioneer and blow motors and learn how to tune the VQ.. all us short road people would all be running around with RB Z33's..

Old 09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

brilliant.. wish i had thought of that first
Old 09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Beer Goggles

How do those Supras hang on a race track. Nice cars, but way too heavy. Japanese drag car, being notorious for being dyno queens.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Beer Goggles
How do those Supras hang on a race track. Nice cars, but way too heavy. Japanese drag car, being notorious for being dyno queens.
the Hard Tops are very good on the road course... one of the best in Japan
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only thing the supra has on us is a bulletproof motor. otherwise the Z can and will do everything else better. While the VQs are much more fragile in stock form, they are a powerhouse and absolutely dominate the the powerband of the 2JZ. Once we start seeing some of the revup guys go with crazy builds, it will get even better. And now with the VQHR coming out, its going to even better yet. By the time the GTR is out, the VQ will overcast a big shadow on the 2JZ.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Zexy

The VQ35 will never be what the RB26 was and STILL is. The RB like the 2JZ can be modded 400whp+ reliably on stock block. At least more than any VQ which will have to spend thousands of dollars more and still have issues with headlift and spend 4000 on the only standalone plug and play ECU on the market. That is bull****. Plus the iron block and mind blowing sound is a plus in my book.

Don't get me wrong. The VQ performance market and availability will evolve to a higher stage. But it will still be very pricey to accomplish high performance levels not worth MY money. Everyone has their own opinions and bias.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Zexy

RB Engines in a Z are for people who want the easy way out
And the better way
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Zexy
The VQ35 will never be what the RB26 was and STILL is. The RB like the 2JZ can be modded 400whp+ reliably on stock block. At least more than any VQ which will have to spend thousands of dollars more and still have issues with headlift and spend 4000 on the only standalone plug and play ECU on the market. That is bull****. Plus the iron block and mind blowing sound is a plus in my book.

Don't get me wrong. The VQ performance market and availability will evolve to a higher stage. But it will still be very pricey to accomplish high performance levels not worth MY money. Everyone has their own opinions and bias.
i guess your sig says nothing about your opinion?

right..

you realize how much it cost to have a RB or for that matter a brand new Supra?

it would cost the same as a new 350z with a built VQ and a TT Kit...

so how can you then say something about a stock block?

and as far as i know.. when a rod/piston wants to go.. it doesn't matter if the block is iron or aluminum.. a blown engine is a blown engine..

we all know the weakness of the stock VQ motor isn't the block.. its the rods..

just because you were too scared and impatient to wait on the development of the VQ .. don't ever make a blanketed statment that it will never be close to an RB... the VQ will suprass the RB .. and i hope you already ditched your VQ when that happens
Old 09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
doug

And the better way
please explain to me what advantage an RB has over a Built VQ.. please do explain
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Zexy

i guess your sig says nothing about your opinion?

right..

you realize how much it cost to have a RB or for that matter a brand new Supra?

it would cost the same as a new 350z with a built VQ and a TT Kit...

so how can you then say something about a stock block?

and as far as i know.. when a rod/piston wants to go.. it doesn't matter if the block is iron or aluminum.. a blown engine is a blown engine..

we all know the weakness of the stock VQ motor isn't the block.. its the rods..

just because you were too scared and impatient to wait on the development of the VQ .. don't ever make a blanketed statment that it will never be close to an RB... the VQ will suprass the RB .. and i hope you already ditched your VQ when that happens
Damn dude.. Getting a bit riled up aren't we? I have my opinion thank you very much.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
doug

Damn dude.. Getting a bit riled up aren't we? I have my opinion thank you very much.
yes we know.. you like the easy way out.. maybe you should be on the skyline forums instead of the Z forums?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:12 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignorance is bliss huh?

I'll leave you with this....

RB26 - 700+lbs
VQ35 - 313lbs

Over double the weight for almost a liter less displacement?? Where do I get in line???

Thats just one of the reasons that Nissan ditched the RB for the VQ in their factory racing cars.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM
faster than u

how about this, your never going to have the fastest car, their is always somone faster ,plus just be happy with what you got. Just think, maybe in a few year the z will be crazy fast
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Zexy

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Ignorance is bliss huh?

I'll leave you with this....

RB26 - 700+lbs
VQ35 - 313lbs

Over double the weight for almost a liter less displacement?? Where do I get in line???

Thats just one of the reasons that Nissan ditched the RB for the VQ in their factory racing cars.
When have i stated ignorance on any of my posts? Have i mentioned anything involving weight on my posts? Where are you trying to get to with his fact? Should i hail to the all mighty VQ because Nissan decided to choose the VQ over RB for touring races?

Oh yes. Take a left for the line.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

you gotta know that not many cars out there make good hp gains with few mods like the vq engine. just imagine if the car was lighter it would be flying

Quick Reply: Why are Supras so much better?