Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Looking for Facts on Supercharging my Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:04 PM
_Donovan_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Facts on Supercharging my Z

Looking to Supercharge my Z. But in order to do that I want to know exactly what I will need to do to keep it safe on the engine. Also what to do to get the best performance for my money. If anyone has links to articles on this or has done this info would be appreciated.

Things that I am concerned with are the injectors, timing, intake and exhaust, anything that I need to do. Also what are some things that I can do while I am at it to get some more performance out of my car. I understand the plenum is ****ty and spacer should be changed also. But I am also seeing that the lower plenum can be improved. But is there an assembly that replaces it all that I should look into?

That is all the questions i have for now, Thank you
Old 09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
NissanZfan

Somebody would have to write a huge essay to accurately answer your questions. I suggest you start by using the search button. Not being an ***, but it really does work.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try reading through the forced induction section and then if you have some questions that have not been answered 100 times start a thread.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:34 PM
350zz053

I heard the turbonator is the best mod for the Z....my 1 centss
Old 09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
reptile718

don't listen to these losers saying the same phrase "use the search button" I do a lot of searching on here and have the same questions you have. I have not seen one post with all of these answers yet and think a nice write up would be a great idea, hopefully coming from someone with a lot of experience in the matter. What s/c do you plan on going with anyway? I just recently installed my Stillen Stage one, I have everything to make it a stage two except a radiator bracket and an electric water pump. I decided to do the S1 for now and break it in slowly this will also give me time to get the parts I need, im planning on purchasing the S3 pulley as well and post my results in between stages, I think this would be a great write up wish me luck!
Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
reptile718

Also looking back to the questions you posted, what year Z and model do you have. I can answer some of these questions but I need more info to help you out.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Zincognito

Originally Posted by reptile718
don't listen to these losers saying the same phrase "use the search button" I do a lot of searching on here and have the same questions you have. I have not seen one post with all of these answers yet and think a nice write up would be a great idea, hopefully coming from someone with a lot of experience in the matter. What s/c do you plan on going with anyway? I just recently installed my Stillen Stage one, I have everything to make it a stage two except a radiator bracket and an electric water pump. I decided to do the S1 for now and break it in slowly this will also give me time to get the parts I need, im planning on purchasing the S3 pulley as well and post my results in between stages, I think this would be a great write up wish me luck!
Except that you have to admit that this question is being posted in the wrong section of the forum! If you really want this question answered, it would be in the FI with the rest of the FI nuts..........
Old 09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
reptile718

true but the guy just wants some help why not just tell him that he should try posting this up in the fi section and advise him on what he is asking about instead of just saying use the search, that does nothing, might as well not even post anything.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM
FastZ33

dont superchage...............TT the biatch
Old 09-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Zincognito

true but the guy just wants some help why not just tell him that he should try posting this up in the fi section and advise him on what he is asking about instead of just saying use the search, that does nothing, might as well not even post anything.
You know what, you are absolutely right. My apologies for being a dick.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
reptile718

another ignorant comment, have you thought about reliability. not everyone wants to go all out and end up with a blown engine plus im a sucker for a blower. you cant get that sound from a turbo. its all about personal preference. I like both turbo and s/c z's but I wanted something different from all th turbo-ed z's in my area.

zincognito sorry that comment was not towards you but for fastz33
Old 09-17-2006, 11:15 PM
NissanZfan

another ignorant comment, have you thought about reliability. not everyone wants to go all out and end up with a blown engine plus im a sucker for a blower. you cant get that sound from a turbo. its all about personal preference. I like both turbo and s/c z's but I wanted something different from all th turbo-ed z's in my area.

zincognito sorry that comment was not towards you but for fastz33
Supercharger is not the key to reliability, just like TT is not the key to blown engines. I have seen blown engines on both, and success stories on both.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:53 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is more information about forced induction in the forced induction forum. Lord knows why they put it there.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You obviously haven't taken the time to read through the forced induction forum because EACH of these questions he asked has been addressed countless times.

Things that I am concerned with are the injectors, timing, intake and exhaust, anything that I need to do. Also what are some things that I can do while I am at it to get some more performance out of my car. I understand the plenum is ****ty and spacer should be changed also. But I am also seeing that the lower plenum can be improved. But is there an assembly that replaces it all that I should look into?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:52 AM
reptile718

I understand that but I was discussing the possibility of a big write up detailing the answers to all these questions, I thought it would be a good idea. I did not say you could not find the answers to them just that there was no extensive write up about most of these questions coming from someone with experience on the subject thats all. You could spend the next 30min looking up the answers but who wants to really do that, just post up what you want answered and hopefully someone who has more to say then use the search will help out. I had some of these same questions which is why I stumbled onto this thread, I know how to use the search. Also regarding the reliability statement. The comment above said to go "all out" on a twin turbo setup, from testimonials on this site and having seen these up close in person I personally think that in these cars an all out TT setup is more likely to cause more problems then simply installing a s/c kit, you can get a lot more power out of a turbo which will put more stress on an unmodified engine then it could handle. I went for the stillen kit, it has warranty and few problems reported, mostly just faulty pulleys and belt adjustment issues. I think I was right in what I posted. The questions on the thread did not say what is better a s/c or a TT, just some kid trying to start something.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Ep3

Originally Posted by _Donovan_

stock block injectors for a SC 440 should be fine

timing? must be pulled hah UTEC

intake = N/A one will be suplied with what kit u choose

exhaust will help 2.5 true dual or 3 inch Y pipe i wouldnt go any bigger on a sc

other stuff more performance - headers / fuel return / alky injection / smaller pulley ect.

plenum .. get crawford, aps , kinetix V+
Old 09-18-2006, 11:13 AM
chimmike

I understand that but I was discussing the possibility of a big write up detailing the answers to all these questions, I thought it would be a good idea. I did not say you could not find the answers to them just that there was no extensive write up about most of these questions coming from someone with experience on the subject thats all..

so because you're lazy we're supposed to compile all the information into 1 thread? You know what? People like you would STILL come in here and ask the same questions.

If you're not willing to spend at least 30 mins researching this sort of thing, you have no business going with boost in the first place. It's not something for newbies or those who don't like to know what the hell is going on before slapping on a $4k kit.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
_Donovan_

I do want to appologize that I did post to the wrong forum, this is my first post and actually my first time ever in any forum type thing at all. I really do appreciate the answers also. I have been back and forth on either TT or SC for over 2 years now. Longer than I had the car actually. But I use my car as a daily driver and make constant trips ALL over the U.S.. I also like to do things differently than most people. So I believe I am leaning more towards SC. The car I have is a 03 Enthuisiast, I just had a new engine put in it because of dealer maintanance neglect issues. And I have the new transmission also. Not sure if either of those matter to the question.

But I will try to reword my question also to make more sense, even to me.

If I want to supercharge my Z, can I just bolt it on and start driving it without any issues or problems coming up later or do I also need to upgrade other parts to handle that mod?

I see that a ecu will be needed, exhaust, and headers. And I am looking into the plenum recomendations also. Will there be anything else then after that?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:38 PM
reptile718

chimmike the purpose of the forums and these kind of threads is to help out others with useful information, you have provided nothing but useless remarks. Why even post on this thread at all if you don't care about what is being discussed? That makes no sense to me, if you have a problem with what was said simply move on. I personally hate browsing though thousands of threads to find bits and pieces of info and try to put the puzzle together. It would be nice if all the questions could be answered in one thread, have you ever heard of a sticky? FYI I do a lot of research before I purchase anything, I do the installations myself and try to help others on the forums from my experiences or what I have gathered from other sources. If you took a couple of minutes and actually read this thread you would know that.

Quick Reply: Looking for Facts on Supercharging my Z