Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ whp thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:11 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Yes I will make you as many dyno sheets as you want just let me know.
??? ??? explain
Old 12-18-2006, 02:59 PM
wtf no turbo

Well I think I want to drive over to your shop so I can join the 600hp club. God only knows what my car would make on your dyno.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Agent4573

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone with 600+ horsepower would be willing to PM me so I can pick their brain. I'm looking to start w/ an APS TT kit and just wanna get a feel for other parts to upgrade w/ it. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
skidmarq

Wow, this thread is already beginning to get off on the wrong foot!!!

Agent, best to search through the forums a little bit. There are a ton of threads here with fantastic information. Anything you can think of has likely been discussed.

If you are at the "ready to purchase" stage, PM me as I have an APS kit for sale right now...

Anyway, welcome aboard
Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Well I think I want to drive over to your shop so I can join the 600hp club. God only knows what my car would make on your dyno.
Hahahaha, Not this again.
Great, by all means come down, hell I will even help you to get out here if it will make you stop with your sniffling about our "magic dyno"...Gimme a break.

-ONE MORE TIME- FYI, Most of all of our dyno tunes and runs have been, and are done at JWT (Jim Wolf Technologies) by Jim Wolf and Clark Stepler, maybe you have heard of them. Hahaha
We even sometimes (the same day) go to the Dyno Shop and usually almost always duplicate what we got at JWT. This is all done on Dyno Packs, Dyno Jets, Dyno Dynamics that are callibrated regularly. So just because you (or your shop) can't come up with the same numbers that we (or others) can, doesn't mean that you should go digging deep for a reason to discredit our hard work and deserving high WHP numbers.

Interesting thread...... https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/231778-dyno-graphs-from-3-shops.html

Sory to threadjack....... Back to the topic
Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 PM
wtf no turbo

I have talked to Jim, several times actually before i purchased my JWT. As a matter of fact he was the one that convinced me to upgrade my turbos since above 500 hp the 530s run out of steam. I just find it amazing that your dyno numbers far exceed anyone else's with equal psi and motor comp. AFR and timing isnt rocket science I guess you got your dyno from the old man that sold Jack his beanstalk beans.

It isnt just me that has called you out in the past and I know your dyno will inflate TQ numbers but some of your claims are over the top.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I have talked to Jim, several times actually before i purchased my JWT. As a matter of fact he was the one that convinced me to upgrade my turbos since above 500 hp the 530s run out of steam. I just find it amazing that your dyno numbers far exceed anyone else's with equal psi and motor comp. AFR and timing isnt rocket science I guess you got your dyno from the old man that sold Jack his beanstalk beans.

It isnt just me that has called you out in the past and I know your dyno will inflate TQ numbers but some of your claims are over the top.
Hahaha, Are you blind or just ignorant? We don't even have a dyno, we use JWT and The Dyno Shops dyno's. So, it is JWT himself that you are calling a liar. Why didn't you ask Jim "while you were on the phone with him" if the numbers we, or should I say he made are in fact what I can show you on THEIR dyno sheets? Are you sitting there calling Jim Wolf a BS'er? Can you not read where the dyno sheets came from? Ask Jim again before you go and run your mouth some more, I have proved it before, and I can prove it again. And what about Stillen and their dyno, and the 300-500 plus people that saw us (with their own eyes) dyno there at Stillen Days, are all of them in on our conspiracy too!?? What about the Dyno shop, and all the other dyno's... All BS I guess, Hahaha, Sheeesh.

Here is some pics of a dyno run done at JWT by Jim Wolf and Clark Steppler on 350NV's car with a JWT 530 BB Tt kit, THE SAME KIT YOU HAVE

and another with the G35 withb the JWT 700BB Tt kit, also dynoed at, and by JWT.....

Video of it... http://www.violentracing.com/VideoGa...Dyno_20PSI.flv

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 12-18-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:13 PM
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

and... one of the magazine articles that featured a VRT G35 dynoed about 100 to 150 lower when the magazine dynoed the car.
but i am sure there were technical dificulties.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
sugarspunZ

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Hahaha, Are you blind or just ignorant? We don't even have a dyno, we use JWT and The Dyno Shops dyno's. So, it is JWT himself that you are calling a liar. Why didn't you ask Jim "while you were on the phone with him" if the numbers we, or should I say he made are in fact what I can show you on THEIR dyno sheets? Are you sitting there calling Jim Wolf a BS'er? Can you not read where the dyno sheets came from? Ask Jim again before you go and run your mouth some more, I have proved it before, and I can prove it again. And what about Stillen and their dyno, and the 300-500 plus people that saw us (with their own eyes) dyno there at Stillen Days, are all of them in on our conspiracy too!?? What about the Dyno shop, and all the other dyno's... All BS I guess, Hahaha, Sheeesh.
putting yourself in the same boat as stillen is bad. stillen is the king of BS and false prophesies.
i like you bro, but comparing you with stillen is just bad. i have my doubts but i give you guys 1000000000000000000000x more respect than stillen
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by sugarspunZ
and... one of the magazine articles that featured a VRT G35 dynoed about 100 to 150 lower when the magazine dynoed the car.
but i am sure there were technical dificulties.
Yea, at 3 PSI less of boost, pump gas, with the car spinning the tires on the dyno. Nice try "Sugar"
Old 12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
sugarspunZ

Yea, at 3 PSI less of boost, pump gas, with the car spinning the tires on the dyno. Nice try "Sugar"
nah bro i am not trying to hate. i didnt know that was the case. if what you say it true it make sense.
lots of people claim lots of things. you know and i know that dyno numbers can be manipulated. tune, octane, boost, are not always disclosed. these are big factors that make a big difference.
if i ran my car on C16 i would make huge numbers compared to my humble 375whp on 91.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:27 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

putting yourself in the same boat as stillen is bad. stillen is the king of BS and false prophesies.
i like you bro, but comparing you with stillen is just bad. i have my doubts but i give you guys 1000000000000000000000x more respect than stillen
Not putting myself in the same boat as Stillen AT ALL, believe me.
At Stillen Days we, allong with about 75 other cars (mostley Z's and G's) ran on their dyno (in front of everyone) and most people ran the same numbers that day as they do elsewhere.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

nah bro i am not trying to hate. i didnt know that was the case. if what you say it true it make sense.
lots of people claim lots of things. you know and i know that dyno numbers can be manipulated. tune, octane, boost, are not always disclosed. these are big factors that make a big difference.
if i ran my car on C16 i would make huge numbers compared to my humble 375whp on 91.
Very true, all very true, but anyone that knows Jim Wolf at all, or has ever spent 2 min. with the man will attest to the fact that he WILL not and DOES not manipulate his dyno numbers. Heck Jim doesn't even like making big power runs at all, he is always preeching to me about the "dyno being a tuneing tool, and thats it, not a toy" hahaha.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by BamBam
Congrats on the #'s yet again Silver.. I know that is fun to drive over there in that heat. :|
Not sure if I should post in the 600 or the 700 club, I guess it depends on what dyno #'s you want to read

666 on a Dyno Dynamics, and 742whp on a Dyno Jet. (Before the engine gave up the ghost that is.. LOL)
hehehehe no mater where you dyno there is no argument that u do have a beast there well done my friend and i will b looking forwardto get some respected #s like urs keep it up and get the car on its feet asap.. congrats...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen the above 760whp dyno in a couple different VRT vids, one says 20psi, one says 24psi, and they both use the same exact dyno chart...

VRT 760whp 20psi

VRT 760whp 24psi

50-180~ MPH in less than 7 seconds

Don't say I am hating on VRT because I am not. You guy's are out there tracking your cars and building some fast cars - kudos...

End All Be All Proof Thread...? - I read through this thread and forget about dyno power level variances - those dyno curves look nothing alike...? Also, wouldn't a more accurate comparison be the same boost levels on two different dynos on the same day? At a bare minimum get the dyno charts scaled correctly - TQ & HP don't cross at 4200 or 4400 rpms

440wtq at 1800 rmps Heck the TQ & HP cross at 2000rpms on your 91 octane dyno chart

At the end of the day, all of these cars are fast! It's the driver that exposes just how fast they can be... Niles RobiSpec EVO won the time attack with only 400whp...

Last edited by Philthy; 12-19-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Dude, those dyno charts and the fact that you guys stand by them and make excuses all the time, are at the least an insult to all intelligent 350z/G35 owners accross the globe..Disgusting, simply disgusting..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

I don't have 600hp by anymeans, not even close. Just wanted to tell all of you congrats! I will be there someday one way or another.

-Derek
Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Philthy
I've seen the above 760whp dyno in a couple different VRT vids, one says 20psi, one says 24psi, and they both use the same exact dyno chart...

VRT 760whp 20psi

VRT 760whp 24psi

50-180~ MPH in less than 7 seconds

Don't say I am hating on VRT because I am not. You guy's are out there tracking your cars and building some fast cars - kudos...

End All Be All Proof Thread...? - I read through this thread and forget about dyno power level variances - those dyno curves look nothing alike...? Also, wouldn't a more accurate comparison be the same boost levels on two different dynos on the same day? At a bare minimum get the dyno charts scaled correctly - TQ & HP don't cross at 4200 or 4400 rpms

440wtq at 1800 rmps Heck the TQ & HP cross at 2000rpms on your 91 octane dyno chart

At the end of the day, all of these cars are fast! It's the driver that exposes just how fast they can be... Niles RobiSpec EVO won the time attack with only 400whp...
Not this again, thought this was put to rest a while ago. FYI, the dyno chart in question was attempted on JWT's Dyno Pack at 24 psi., the dyno errored out due to excess torque rate (5th gear). Then the same pull was attempted in 6th gear and again, the dyno errored out stating exceeded top speed limit of the dyno. After those 2 attempts we turned down the boost 4 lbs. and ran the car at 20 psi. with better dyno success and it made 760 whp and 824 tq. You see all of this in the video's that you are refering to, that is if you are smart enough, and openminded enough to pay attention.

As far as the dyno charts in the other thread, they are not ours, just a customer of ours (who moved to the East Coast) that got his own independantly done dyno runs at a few different shops/dyno's. It shows how close to the original JWT dyno they all are, since every is quick to say JWT has a magic dyno (just for us). Might wanna look at the other dyno charts you are refering to and learn how to read them better. Sharif understands how to read them, maybe he can/will explain it to you.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 12-19-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is if you are smart enough, and openminded enough to pay attention.
Might wanna look at the other dyno charts you are refering to and learn how to read them better. Sharif understands how to read them, maybe he can/will explain it to you.
Listen, I really don't want to hate you personally - quit the personal attacks... This is your standard response to everyone that points out that you're data is inconsistent...

I talked with Sharif and other reputable tuners about your claims and dyno charts, and they just laugh...

Tell you what, let's start here - please explain to everyone how you made 440wtq at 1800 rpms...
Old 12-19-2006, 11:18 AM
sugarspunZ

i think a great way to put this all to rest is to have a independent shop test the car or cars in question. there are a million shops and dynos in so cal. choose one and this all can be put to rest.

Obviously there a lot of doubt in peoples minds.

Quick Reply: 600+ whp thread