Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ whp thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:40 AM
silver nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I knew my thread would cause such a hussel i wouldn't have posted it....
Old 12-20-2006, 03:07 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by silver nismo
If I knew my thread would cause such a hussel i wouldn't have posted it....
I hear you, it never fails. Sory for my part in sidetracking your thread, but people love to hate on others on these boards.
I am still glad for you about your numbers...cangrats, again.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:29 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I hear you, it never fails. Sory for my part in sidetracking your thread, but people love to hate on others on these boards.
I am still glad for you about your numbers...cangrats, again.
LOL thank u man....
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not being PC. But having talked to Jim Wolf several times, I know this guy has absolutely no reason to fudge his dyno numbers. The shape of the dyno curve can be argued forever....and everyone has perfectly valid points as to shape.

Unless I missed something....all of the 650-750whp VRT dyno charts were done using the upgraded JWT 700BB turbos, since according to JWT, the smaller turbochargers are good for about 520-550whp max. I think those power numbers are within the realm of those turbo chargers....especially using race fuel and other tools.

Unfortunately, I dont have the time to study all of the VRT posts and dyno charts, so I dont know everything about them...so I certainly could have missed something.

A realistic power output on the smaller JWT turbos is about 500-600whp....depending on which dyno you use. Our dyno reads pretty low, so I am not expecting more than 500whp or so out of the standard JWT TT.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I am not being PC. But having talked to Jim Wolf several times, I know this guy has absolutely no reason to fudge his dyno numbers. The shape of the dyno curve can be argued forever....and everyone has perfectly valid points as to shape.

Unless I missed something....all of the 650-750whp VRT dyno charts were done using the upgraded JWT 700BB turbos, since according to JWT, the smaller turbochargers are good for about 520-550whp max. I think those power numbers are within the realm of those turbo chargers....especially using race fuel and other tools.

Unfortunately, I dont have the time to study all of the VRT posts and dyno charts, so I dont know everything about them...so I certainly could have missed something.

A realistic power output on the smaller JWT turbos is about 500-600whp....depending on which dyno you use. Our dyno reads pretty low, so I am not expecting more than 500whp or so out of the standard JWT TT.
Thanks for stateing that Sharif. ^^^ I couldn't agree more with the numbers that you are projecting, and your view of JWT. We have made 554 whp & 690 tq. with the standard 530BB turbo's and 760+ whp & 825 tq. with the upgraded 700BB's. That is all I have ever stated, but people still insist on calling BS and saying that we are liers, etc. It kinda gets old.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
It kinda gets old.

How about posting a dyno chart that is at least scaled correctly and doesn't require a Captain Crunch decoder and a half dozen people trying to make heads or tails of it...

My offer still stands to pay for your dyno run at Sams shop... Until then, we've all kick this dead horse...
Old 12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
mrtomcat

do come back on topic...

608 whp 545 torque at 18 psi on 100 octane
Old 12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
g35_anonymous

has anyone talked about other limitations of the car: such as the single throttle body? I understand that our cars won't make much more than 650whp without going TTB... and next is the fuel delivery system.

props to VRT for representing motorsports; however, and I will try to be diplomatic when saying this, but; It doesn't add up. I think I can speak for many of the members on this forum when I say your dynos are backed up by saying they come from JWT and subsequently calling the disbeleivers "Haters".

We don't hate bro... we are all in this together.

Lets get a dyno day going... Not just to "settle" this, but to see a bunch of bad *** cars and have a legitimate way to compare power levels whether the dyno is inflated or not.

Who wants to organize the next dyno day?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
mrtomcat

with all those cars in different cities and states it might be a bit difficult to get a dyno day going.

in terms of fuel systems...APS Extreme and others such as the AAM solved that problem a while back.

The only true limitation that hasn't been mastered yet is traction on the Z
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
with all those cars in different cities and states it might be a bit difficult to get a dyno day going.

in terms of fuel systems...APS Extreme and others such as the AAM solved that problem a while back.

and the tranny.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
g35_anonymous

my bagel...

I was actually referring to the socal peeps. you in mrtomcat?

and for the others (out of the area peeps); Perhaps one of us who does go can muster up enough motivation to post the results. 123 not it!

Does that mean the oem throttle body setup is capable of producing 700+WHP? Please forgive my ignorence, as I am certainly not an expert in the area.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
silver nismo

do come back on topic...

Thank you and good numbers man
Old 12-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Devil Z

Damn that's alot of power.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:50 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Z
Damn that's alot of power.
It sure is....... IMO, anything north of 500whp. is a LOT of power.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:03 AM
silver nismo

do come back on topic...

I just looked at my Dyno graph and i thought i would share this with u...
I got 606 whp on a 5 litter c16 mixed with 91 oct. pump gass.. so if we do the math say i was running 102/103/100 sooo close to u and we ran the same psi (18) but u got 608 whp mean while i got 606 and u got 545 torque and i got 570 what do u think u r missing and I am missing heheheh i want the extra 2 whp i'm just a mean guy lol... i can post u my graph.. if u need to look at it.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:39 AM
silver nismo

Default Whats next !!!!????

The moods are: TT greddy kit, 3" exhaust all the way, F-con HKS ECU, spec twinplated clutch, nismo HG, L19 head studs, ARP main studs, JWT C2 cams/springs/shims, Denson 1000 cc injectors, AAM fule system, Denson 1 step colder spark plugs, proted and polished heads, ported and matched intakes, greddy BOV., HKS limited addition BC, HKS turbo timer, whideband, 8.5:1 pisstons, and eagle connecting rods. thats as far as i remmember but i think this is it.

606 whp 570 torque on mixed fule @ 18 psi....

Whats next... ???
Old 12-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by silver nismo
The moods are: TT greddy kit, 3" exhaust all the way, F-con HKS ECU, spec twinplated clutch, nismo HG, L19 head studs, ARP main studs, JWT C2 cams/springs/shims, Denson 1000 cc injectors, AAM fule system, Denson 1 step colder spark plugs, proted and polished heads, ported and matched intakes, greddy BOV., HKS limited addition BC, HKS turbo timer, whideband, 8.5:1 pisstons, and eagle connecting rods. thats as far as i remmember but i think this is it.

606 whp 570 torque on mixed fule @ 18 psi....

Whats next... ???

English lessons?
Just kidding.
How about evidence of the newly acquired power put in use? Timeslips... Videos... Kill stories...
Old 12-23-2006, 04:00 AM
blackend

i will race you with my ZO6 which is only 450whp...LOL
Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by Oleg
English lessons?
Just kidding.
How about evidence of the newly acquired power put in use? Timeslips... Videos... Kill stories...
Good jk lol well about the english lessons i think ur right my spelling is going week but as i said b 4 and i say again its my 3ed lang. so i think u will understand...
and as for the kill stories and time slips i do more street race than any leagal race... let me put it this way where i am police doesnt act like in the US so we r cool....
street kills lol i lost count but all my victoms where V8s that thought the VQ engine is just snother high whp jap. car and no torquq to follow and they where wrong as per the results of the street races... sorry no vids cause it just didn't happen that i had a camera on as i raced.. and i can post u my dyno graph if u would like to see for ur self...

now if u have any info of what to add next with a good justification then plz do and if u dont then i think maybe u can read what i have and get to learn something from my set up..
Old 12-23-2006, 04:39 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by blackend
i will race you with my ZO6 which is only 450whp...LOL
I'm dying to have some 1 to tell me how my exhaust sounds when i pass by lol man with ur 450whp u r not even close to my torque #s hehehehe..
NEXT...

Quick Reply: 600+ whp thread