Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Power Enterprise Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Vash350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
yah? I'd be willing to bet you made more power yanking that thing off dude.

Well when we going to the dyno? Do i get to punch you in the ovaries if i lost power?
Old 12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by SMS Tuner
After using two sets on built engines. i will never use them again due to the following facts:

1-the actuators are set for 4Psi only which is very conservative even for stock engines

2-Maximum boost you can get is 9 Psi on standard Actuators.

3-These turbos they will never make more than 510 RWHP no mater what you do and that with cams. the other car has the same engine specs but no cams and it only made 470RWHP at 1.1Bar of boost.

4-On high boost level, they make so much back pressure witch makes a lot of heat that leads to engine failure when the car is under boost for extended time (track use).

Now, i have to admit that it is a very good setup for stock engines not pushing more than 440 to the wheels and they have virtually no lag due to the fact that they are tiny, not to mention Dual Ball bearing.

Husam
MC-Performance
post count
Old 12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by doug
is that a minor oversight? one would think if you built your motor you would automatically get bigger injectors
I thought about getting bigger injectors during the build, But in the end decided I should just work on braking in the engine first then upgrade later with a retune. No oversight just a personal preference.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Zilvia

no thats over sight.........

I would think it smart to go ahead and make sure my motor is starving out because she wont spit enough....
Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 AM
SMS Tuner

eagletanggreen

I can see that you have a thing or two that you have done to your car that is not in our test cars. also none of the cars we did is equiped with a rev up engine not to mention the Magic Tuning Sharif did to your car. what i meant to say is that these turbos they dont support a lot of power compared to the Greddy Turbos.

priscilla ls1

for some reason. mine did not push more than 9 psi on the stock actuators spring and i had to go for stiffer springs in order to get more boost. what sort of power did you get at 13 psi. i think you will now what i mean when you try to push these turbos little bit harder. you will find them running out of steam.

I wish both of you good luck and i was just sharing my experience with these turbos.

Husam

Last edited by SMS Tuner; 12-22-2006 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:53 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilvia
no thats over sight.........

I would think it smart to go ahead and make sure my motor is starving out because she wont spit enough....
thats what i was thinking too.. if you spend enough money to build a block.. why would you run the risk of starving the motor of fuel and blowing up all that money you spent on building the motor.. especially if you already ran it to 13 PSI
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

[QUOTE=SMS Tuner]eagletanggreen

I can see that you have a thing or two that you have done to your car that is not in our test cars. also none of the cars we did is equiped with a rev up engine not to mention the Magic Tuning Sharif did to your car. what i meant to say is that these turbos they dont support a lot of power compared to the Greddy Turbos.

This is true.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:45 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

eagletanggreen

priscilla ls1

for some reason. mine did not push more than 9 psi on the stock actuators spring and i had to go for stiffer springs in order to get more boost. what sort of power did you get at 13 psi. i think you will now what i mean when you try to push these turbos little bit harder. you will find them running out of steam.

I wish both of you good luck and i was just sharing my experience with these turbos.

Husam
I think there is some confusion here, the stock kit is not made for 600 whp. It is made for a stock block, without reflash, with STOCK exhaust. The "level two" is upping the boost to about 8 psi with a technosquare reflash. Both levels are designed to be safe on a stock block, at least as safe as you can be going FI. And I can attest to it being safe, almost two years as a daily driver. You can expect around 350 or so whp at the first level, and around 380 or so at the second level.

Yes, this is not the Greddy kit, you know, the one that blew so many, many engines when FI was new on the Z, never mind coils. This is a great kit for a daily driver.

Traction is a problem on FI Zs. Period. What good is giant WHP numbers that you cannot use? Personally, I am very happy with my power at the level it is now, and I wouldn't trade higher HP numbers for all the cost and problems that that would take, let's see, 10K and up for a built motor, 1K and up for a return system, etc, etc. Because a kit is made for normal people does not make it bad.

When I changed my exhaust for a "free flowing 2.5" " that all the turbo experts on here said I needed, I got massive overboost. Hmmm. Not stuck at a low psi like you had, I'm talking overboost. I do not know enough about what you did or didn't do on the cars you had it on, but high boost was not a problem here. Just put on a free flowing exhaust. And I am not Rev up or any of the other excuses you posted. Not "magically tuned" by Sharif (not that there is anything wrong with that ) Because you are not capable of getting power out of the PE kit does not mean the kit is bad. Maybe it is you, perhaps you just don't have the knowledge or capability.

I would like you to think for a minute, PE sells new springs for HIGHER boost levels. Maybe if you tried changing springs, perhaps you would have had success? Doesn't seem that complicated to me. They sell different springs for higher boost levels, but I will try to go more than double the boost PSI without the springs they sell for that purpose. Hmmmm. Another rocket scientist.

And yes, the Greddy turbos are capable of higher power than the PE turbos or the APS turbos. After tons of money have been dumped into the car. So what? Not everyone's goal is an unstreetable car that idles at 1200 rpm or stalls, throws cells daily, reeks of gasoline in the interior, and needs a new clutch and transmission every few thousand miles.

As for PE customer service, yes, I have had bad experience, even after contacting Japan several times. I never got my, admittedly, minor issue resolved. I finally gave up this spring. If they are better now, great.

Chimmike, you know your problems were a billing/shipping problem. I tend to think you are a little bit off the hook here, a bad shipping department mistake does not equal everything they make is s h i t.

And of course we have all the internet SSV experts chiming in. Give me a break. All the internet experts who have never used a product telling people what garbage that product is, based on somebody else's opinion. At least the above poster had the PE kit. All the experts that have never even seen a product in person just make me laugh. Children. Daddy said it was bad, so it is.

Yes, although I have never used APS products, (and to a lessor extent Motordyne), I most likely never will, because the irrational "fanboy" club has soured me on those companies. Example: spacers. It is a piece of metal that sandwiches between two other pieces of metal. WTF? It is not rocket science. I'm sorry, but unless one comes deformed or broken, how much difference can there be between them? And if it is not APS, it cannot be any good club. WTF? They copied the best features from the kits that were already out there. Great engineering skills, they know how to copy.

End of rant.

I paid less than the OP says he can get the PE kit for, but IMHO, that is a good price for the kit, if it is the full kit and new. Great safe kit for the whp it is made for. If you are looking for a FI daily driver that is TT, and don't live near Sharif, GT Motorsports, or SGP, this is a great kit.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Zilvia

^^lol well said

PE kit is awesome...just wish it was on the dam car already
Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 AM
SMS Tuner

gringott

I could not agree more on the Power Enterprise being the best setup kit for stock engine, high end quality products(apart from Stainless Exhaust manifold), and fast spooling turbo which only translate to very joy-able drive. but dude you are missing my point here, i said built engine for high end power and yes the Greddy turbo kit has its problems and is not capable of high power out of the box but it has the best potentials in my opinion. As for the engine setup deferences, i was stating facts not excuses not to mention that Sharif has more experience than me tuning the 350Z.

Husam
Old 12-22-2006, 11:04 AM
gringott

gringott

I could not agree more on the Power Enterprise being the best setup kit for stock engine, high end quality products(apart from Stainless Exhaust manifold), and fast spooling turbo which only translate to very joy-able drive. but dude you are missing my point here, i said built engine for high end power and yes the Greddy turbo kit has its problems and is not capable of high power out of the box but it has the best potentials in my opinion. As for the engine setup deferences, i was stating facts not excuses not to mention that Sharif has more experience than me tuning the 350Z.

Husam
Husam:
I am sorry if I misunderstood your post. I honestly mean no harm, I took what you said more like "this tack hammer won't drive this railroad spike but this sledgehammer will - so it is better". Maybe it is my fault because I am tired of reading these "gotta make 1000 whp or it is crap" posts.
If you search the forum, there are some posts about PE kits that made big numbers - set up properly for that. Those turbos aren't all that small. I have seen countless posts bashing the Stillen SC, the HKS SC, the PE TT, because they don't make huge numbers out of the box. The point is, they are not supposed to - they were designed to make good power out of the box, on a stock engine, in a safe manner. In my angry way, that is what I was trying to say. Again, if I was offensive, allow me to apologize and please forgive me.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:07 AM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by doug
thats what i was thinking too.. if you spend enough money to build a block.. why would you run the risk of starving the motor of fuel and blowing up all that money you spent on building the motor.. especially if you already ran it to 13 PSI

I dont drive the car it is parked untill I get the larger injectors. Mike and I at AAM both decided to keep my 380cc because we aggred braking in the engine would be good for now also I had to drive almost 2,000 miles to TX from the shop after the install was done and I did not want to run larger 650cc injectors for a long drive due to the gas milage would be terrible. And now that I am here I just want to kick back and injoy the car. Just give me untill next month and I will have her tuned to 500+hp with larger injectors. The boost is set to about 9psi right now but after I installed my TP I got over 13psi for a quick second and then it would smooth out at 10psi so this is why I need a retune are the larger injector install.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
SMS Tuner

gringott

Hey Man No harm here. i thank you

Husam

Last edited by SMS Tuner; 12-22-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:17 AM
gringott

What 650cc injectors did you get?

I have a set of PE 510cc injectors I picked up, but I am waiting also because:

I think I will need a retune when I pop them in.
I am not sure if I should get a return fuel system at the same time.
I am not sure if I should get a different fuel regulator at the same time.
I am not sure how they will effect daily operation.

As you can see, I am not sure, haha.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 PM
priscilla ls1

Hey I went with the RC 650cc's I hear they are good and they were very affordable. Now I just need to sell my 380cc injectors. If your going to put in the 510cc injectors I would go ahead and do the return fuel system now. The AAM one comes with the regulator. You are deffenitly going to need a retune, I dont know much about your setup what do you have?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM
gringott

Running the stock PE fuel setup, pump, regulator, 380cc injectors, UTEC for management, Turbo XS dual stage manual boost controller.

I assumed a retune would be needed, I didn't think the injector scaling would be enough, but I wasn't sure.

Do you have the "fuel vapor/smell" problems others have had with the AAM fuel return system?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:33 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by gringott
Running the stock PE fuel setup, pump, regulator, 380cc injectors, UTEC for management, Turbo XS dual stage manual boost controller.

I assumed a retune would be needed, I didn't think the injector scaling would be enough, but I wasn't sure.

Do you have the "fuel vapor/smell" problems others have had with the AAM fuel return system?
Yeah a retune would be needed and a reflash would help with the idel. I had heard about the fuel vaper smell so when I got to the shop to pick the car up I checked everything out and I did smell the fuel from right under the car but jason@altered asured me that it will go away and it did I now smell nothing.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

my replies:

1 & 2: i got 11psi on the standard springs with test pipes and boost controller turned up.

3: perhaps your tuning needs some more work... i made about 520rwhp @ 1.1bar... WITHOUT cams.

4. as reguarding heat concern.. i have a setrab oil cooler and STOCK radiator, with the waterlines plumbed into the turbos.. and i've been monitoring both oil and water temps on these turbos at 1.1bar+ and temps are very stable. water is around 190-200 and oil is around 190-200.. i'll let you know what i get on the track.. i'm thinkin i *might* need a radiator but nothing some vents in the hood and good ducting can't help out in the mean time.

the kit is very good outta the box.. with a little tlc it is a very good 'tuner' kit to work with.

After using two sets on built engines. i will never use them again due to the following facts:

1-the actuators are set for 4Psi only which is very conservative even for stock engines

2-Maximum boost you can get is 9 Psi on standard Actuators.

3-These turbos they will never make more than 510 RWHP no mater what you do and that with cams. the other car has the same engine specs but no cams and it only made 470RWHP at 1.1Bar of boost.

4-On high boost level, they make so much back pressure witch makes a lot of heat that leads to engine failure when the car is under boost for extended time (track use).

Now, i have to admit that it is a very good setup for stock engines not pushing more than 440 to the wheels and they have virtually no lag due to the fact that they are tiny, not to mention Dual Ball bearing.

Husam
MC-Performance
Old 12-22-2006, 06:17 PM
priscilla ls1

Wow 520hp! Wait SMS TUNER said it was impossible So I guess your lying.
Hey cheston let me know how you are doing on your setup Have you tried boosting any higher then 16-18psi? I am aiming for somthing close to 600hp next month any advice?

Last edited by priscilla ls1; 12-22-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Devil Z

That's a pretty good price, I'd do it.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Twin Turbo