Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Power Enterprise Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
CESAROTORRES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Kit

Originally Posted by gringott
CJ Motorsports in Naperville, IL, ***** on here...he makes full return systems etc, and the mentioned correction kit.
Thx!!!!

What parts exactly I need to order from them to make the kit even better. BETTER THAT THE APS basic KIT

Cesar
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see you're staying "boosted" Cesar. I like the new setup you listed above.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
Hello everyone.

I am new to the PE TT (family), I ordered the PE TT kit from MVP motorsports with the 510cc Injectors and Power Enterprise Wastegate Spring #3. my goal is of 390 whp (conservative tunning), this is what I ordered so far.

Upgrades
1. HKS Fcon pro
2. Tunning (Japtrix in Florida)
2. PE 510cc injectors
3. Jet Hot coating (since it does not has shields like APS)
4. Power Enterprise Wastegate Spring #3
5. ARC TI dual exhaust.

What else I am missing?, Do I really need a BOV?

Thank you to Priscilla, GringoTT, Chebosto for taking the time to talked with me over the phone!!!

Thank you!!!!!
Cesar

Your welcome, and welcome to the small PE TT family.

You really dont need a BOV, Just invest in a nice boost controller. Also what clutch are you going with for your HP goals I would say to go with the JWT clutch and fly combo.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default Upgrading the Power Enterprice TT

As for the tranny I do not know yet. I like to have something that is as close as stock (as little as rattle posible and smoth) but, STRONGER Does the JWT will has those characteristics?

Thx
Cesar
Old 02-12-2007, 05:05 PM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Good to see you're staying "boosted" Cesar. I like the new setup you listed above.
Thx Ron, I hope I am not making a mistake?

Cesar
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
As for the tranny I do not know yet. I like to have something that is as close as stock (as little as rattle posible and smoth) but, STRONGER Does the JWT will has those characteristics?

Thx
Cesar
This is why I recomended this clutch feels like stock but stronger.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:02 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Your welcome, and welcome to the small PE TT family.

You really dont need a BOV, Just invest in a nice boost controller. Also what clutch are you going with for your HP goals I would say to go with the JWT clutch and fly combo.
Um why doesn't he need a BOV? Without it hes going to surge his compressors on every shift. Unless I'm mistaken the PE kit doesn't come with one at all...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Um why doesn't he need a BOV? Without it hes going to surge his compressors on every shift. Unless I'm mistaken the PE kit doesn't come with one at all...

For his HP goals I dont feel it is nessasary.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
MIAPLAYA

I wouldn't recommend anyone not run a bypass/blow off valve with any turbocharger regardless of power levels. Power levels doesn't change how air reverts in the charge tract when you close the throttle plate. If you want to run like that fine but don't expect your turbos to last long.. Bypass/blow off valves are never going to make more horsepower for you. They are there to keep your turbos alive.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:31 PM
in2therain3

Any turbo cars will need some sort of a valve to release the pressure.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Zilvia

out tiny PETT family.............well at least its starting to grow....

and we are still with out the boost. But i think we have a projected a set time in march not sure yet tho.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the below link to my Power Enterprise (PHybrid) Boost Controller that I purchased for my PE TT Kit but decided to go another route...

+1 - go with a BOV too...
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 AM
priscilla ls1

I wouldn't recommend anyone not run a bypass/blow off valve with any turbocharger regardless of power levels. Power levels doesn't change how air reverts in the charge tract when you close the throttle plate. If you want to run like that fine but don't expect your turbos to last long.. Bypass/blow off valves are never going to make more horsepower for you. They are there to keep your turbos alive.

This kit was made for a stock engine do you think 7 or 8psi would hurt anything? Without a BOV the pressure just hits against the throutle body and the compresser just gets a slight jerk this jerk might seem much worse at faster spool and more pressure but a BOV for this low psi, can you think of any other reason for a BOV. PE did not supply it in the kit so why is it now a must for a stock app.?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

This kit was made for a stock engine do you think 7 or 8psi would hurt anything? Without a BOV the pressure just hits against the throutle body and the compresser just gets a slight jerk this jerk might seem much worse at faster spool and more pressure but a BOV for this low psi, can you think of any other reason for a BOV. PE did not supply it in the kit so why is it now a must for a stock app.?
Greddy doesn't supply one either for their much larger TD05-18G turbos but it doesn't mean you don't need one. I don't care how low the boost is when you close that throttle plate you are surging the compressors. ANY time you force air back into the compressor you are creating unnecessary force and surge on the compressor section. Good bye turbos. For the low cost of adding one why wouldn't you? This isn't a diesel truck...
Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Wicked4u2c

I thought WRX's and most FI Cars from manufactures don't have a BOV setup?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
I thought WRX's and most FI Cars from manufactures don't have a BOV setup?
You would be wrong. Most if not all turbo cars from the manufacturer have a bypass/blow off valve. WRX included. The WRX bypass valve is mounted on the factory top mount intercooler... See attached picture of the factory bypass valve on a WRX
Attached Thumbnails Power Enterprise Twin Turbo-toaster.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 09:10 AM
002-M-P

+1000 agree with mia....always run a blowoff or bypass valve of some kind on a forced induction cars. The reason for a blowoff valve has nothing to do with safetly for a motor, it is to preserve the life of your turbocharger(s). When you close the throttle all that air being forced into the engine all of a sudden stops which will make the compressor wheel slow down very abruptly. Letting off pressure with a blowoff valve prevents this. So no matter what the boost level, I will always recommend a blowoff valve.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Actually, most stock turbo cars have some sort of recirc valves, because the recirc puts it back in the (allready measured) airstream, thus not throwing off the MAF, and also not making an annoying sound that most customers wouldn't like.

However, you are right, most stock turbos have (and need) some sort of recirc/bypass/blow-off valve, because without it, the life of the turbos are shortened, and any sane car company would rather not replace turbos under warranty, given the price of turbos.

Funny story: when the 280ZXT was around (1982-1983), they went through turbos so fast (mostly due to overheating and oil starvation) that Nissan was replacing some turbos almost every oil change!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Actually, most stock turbo cars have some sort of recirc valves, because the recirc puts it back in the (allready measured) airstream, thus not throwing off the MAF, and also not making an annoying sound that most customers wouldn't like.

However, you are right, most stock turbos have (and need) some sort of recirc/bypass/blow-off valve, because without it, the life of the turbos are shortened, and any sane car company would rather not replace turbos under warranty, given the price of turbos.

Funny story: when the 280ZXT was around (1982-1983), they went through turbos so fast (mostly due to overheating and oil starvation) that Nissan was replacing some turbos almost every oil change!!!
Right, what I meant was almost every factory turbo car has a bypass valve of some kind. Whether that bypass valve recirculates the air back into the intake tract pre-turbo or vents it to atmosphere depends on the company...
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default Why JWT TT does not have BOV

Cesar

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Twin Turbo