Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Help me build an ATI PROCHARGER monster..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:00 PM
ocZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my ideas and hope of a quick Z are now over.
Last night was the first night I got my Z, got to drive it, ect.
I wanted to jump right in, fix the few things the old owner said needs fixing, and then go full force on modifing.
Problem is it needs too many repairs before I can start modifing...sooo...I'm over it 110%.

I am going to be selling the ATI Procharger kit shortly, with only 1,200 miles and aftermarket greddy bov.
I paid a ridiculous amount for it, but I am going to clean it up and put it here in the classifieds.

Any idea what I should offer the kit for the members here? I, of course, want a quick sale of the Procharger Kit.

Thanks for the suggestions, I may get another Z, or I may just stick with my SLOW SLOW SLOW bmw 540i.

Thanks again
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what the hell is wrong with the car that is so bad that it changed your plans ? ANd if they are that bad , why the hell did you buy the car in the first place ?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow sorry to hear it didn't work out. Kinda curious too what was so wrong with the car to completely abandon going FI

So the car never had the ATI kit installed - it's like new in the box still?

The SSV isn't as horrible as people say it is. It's mainly just the price people don't like along with the false advertising
It doesn't really gain power, but doesn't lose it either. It actually seems to be about even with the stock plenum except for a little extra +2whp very briefly up at the very top.
I was able to add a 5mm thermogasket to mine to help keep it cool and also minorly lengthen the runners.
It's 10 lbs less, offer more mounting places for other things, easier to remove, can see injectors, etc

If I could do it all over again I would have probably just got a spacer, but the SSV was all hyped up at the time with no independent testing and spacers weren't out yet. 3 weeks earlier I broke a bolt on my lower stock plenum that I had to put a huge wad of silicon on that section to seal it. So figured I'd just sell my early model crawford plenum/strut

Last edited by sentry65; 01-11-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM
ocZ
Banned

I purchased it with 1,200 miles on it, but by the looks of it the whole kit is virtually brand new.

If anyone in So-Cal wants to put my 350z up on jacks and take a look at the suspension and point somethings out I don't see, that would be great.
I purchased the car salvage for a good price.
Thing is I wanted to do minor repairs, which is what it was said to need, but it needs a little more than I'm willing to give.

Engine and Transmission are really strong. 21,xxx miles but it needs some suspension work, some electronic work (there is no radio and the 3 gauge pods dont come on).

Also the rear brake lights dont come on when the headlights are on, but when the brakes are applied they come on.

Needs new wheels and tires, and the body kit is a one piece and its not lined up right. Plus the body kit is slamming the front end because it goes down so low. Looks good, but I can only imagine if I tried lowering it.

Anyone in So-Cal wana take a peeksy?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
sentry65
the burninator

so you're selling the FI kit to help fund the work needed to get the Z back up in running shape?

what suspension work does it need?

the electronic stuff with the lights and gauges seem like it should be easy to fix

people are selling wheels in the classifieds here and tires all the time

so it needs a new bumper then if that's what's scraping?
are you going to the stock body panels or an aftermarket one? The stock panels are dirt cheap - people almost give them away just to get them out of their garage after they get an aftermarket kit

Last edited by sentry65; 05-12-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
ocZ
Banned

The suspension- I haven't even got under it yet, but the suspension light is on and my friend said when he saw me driving it the front passenger side tire / wheel was wobbling. The previous owner said...it just needs an alignment. I think it's more complicated than that.

The airbags did not go in the accident, but the sensor was damaged because the airbag light flashes.

Everything is really off on the body. Nothing is lined up correctly. It has really nice paint, and a decent body kit, and sounds great but things like the rear hatch isn't all the way down and lined up, even though it is closed, and the side mirrors are aftermarket and barily hanging on. The way the mirrors were installed screwed up the interior panels a little as well.

I'm really discouraged because I thought it would be solid car that was drivable and it's really not (at least not yet).

So I wana slap some 18's on there, and sell it....

but like I said I'm down for anyone with knowledge and experience to come take a look. Located in So-Cal!!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread took an interesting turn, to say the least.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
ocZ
Banned

Default Picture Highlights of My Dump

almost real carbon fiber mirrors

inside carbon fiber mirror

WHAT YOU THINK?!

rofl. she need some work
Old 01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
ocZ
Banned

Default Picture Highlights of My Dump

Last edited by ocZ; 01-11-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ouch, why would you spend $$$ on a S/C and a paper weight intake manifold when your car is so busted?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:59 AM
race4it

Monster Procharger cars are hard to build. I've been trying for a while with some success, but it takes a lot of patiance/money/work to get there through a lot of trial and error. And ATI is NO help with anything over 10lbs of boost. My experience is that most of their support people are really just order takers with little technical expertise.

The biggest problem I've had with running over 10lbs with a Procharger is the belt system. They break frequently (and more in the summer from the heat). I machined the idler pulley to fit wider and stronger custom belts which helped, but they still break (and sometimes when they break at WOT they will hit the hood so hard it dents/cracks it).

Also, under high boost, the aluminum mounting plate will torque slightly which leads to belt creep and broken belts. ATI denies that this is the case, but we've filmed it at WOT/16lbs on the dyno, and it moves. ATI just has no experience with the Z's under higher boost. You can have a custom brace built to correct this problem. Just remember to brace it to the motor, not the car, since the motor will torque also.

If you want to see my setup you can go here:
http://cfzclub.com/GT3sPics.html

Good luck with your build.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 AM
race4it

Originally Posted by race4it
Monster Procharger cars are hard to build. I've been trying for a while with some success, but it takes a lot of patiance/money/work to get there through a lot of trial and error. And ATI is NO help with anything over 10lbs of boost. My experience is that most of their support people are really just order takers with little technical expertise.

The biggest problem I've had with running over 10lbs with a Procharger is the belt system. They break frequently (and more in the summer from the heat). I machined the idler pulley to fit wider and stronger custom belts which helped, but they still break (and sometimes when they break at WOT they will hit the hood so hard it dents/cracks it).

Also, under high boost, the aluminum mounting plate will torque slightly which leads to belt creep and broken belts. ATI denies that this is the case, but we've filmed it at WOT/16lbs on the dyno, and it moves. ATI just has no experience with the Z's under higher boost. You can have a custom brace built to correct this problem. Just remember to brace it to the motor, not the car, since the motor will torque also.

If you want to see my setup you can go here:
http://cfzclub.com/GT3sPics.html

Good luck with your build.

Whoops!!! Just read the last few posts. I guess things have changed. Nevermind about the Procharger.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:11 AM
ocZ
Banned

Go Batman Go
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 AM
sentry65
the burninator

race4it, how much power/tq is your setup putting out? do you have a dyno graph?

as to the ocZ's car, it's the sorta situation IMO that you buy a car in that condition if you plan on making it a track sorta car to beat up and not worry about body kit stuff or panels aligning perfectly. Just track it, beat on it, and accept it'll probably never be a show car or anything close to it because it'd just be too expensive to be worthwhile - my 2 cents

Last edited by sentry65; 01-12-2007 at 07:01 AM.