Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Utec and high hp numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Julian who the fawk is talking about Supra's or what relevance does it have to us? You are a straight up liar if you think a UTEC can be driven around at 15psi and be surge/hiccup free at part throttle...you have everything to lose if you admit it so I doubt you would agree.
I tell you what...I will take you for a drive in my car to prove you wrong....Drives like stock on and off boost brother..And stop bashing me by calling me a liar, cause at this point your only defense will be the fetile position..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
EM-EFER

Another big flaw of the UTEC is drive by wire. That should have been used so people can use different throttle bodies correctly.. Just thinking of things Don't hate
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
600WHP to 1800WHP.
2% of the builds are over 600whp... .0005% are at 1800whp.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Another big flaw of the UTEC is drive by wire. That should have been used so people can use different throttle bodies correctly.. Just thinking of things Don't hate
Has nothing to do with the UTEC does it..The MOTEC also can not control the DBW properly, ask Vinny..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Look guys it all depends on your goals for some the FCON is better for some the utec is better. From what I have read the Utec is cheaper and can support 600+hp if tuned properly and if your hp goals rest in that range. FCON is better for over 600+hp because it can support it better and differant things come into play at those levels that make it better at those HP levels. I see the Fcon as being not nessasary for the thread starter at this time for his goals becase a FCON is just as safe as a Utec with proper tuning at the 500-550hp level.
I agree. I would rather start earlier than later. I suggested he go with the FCON if possible for 550+. Bad advice? Don't think so. Can I factually substantiate it? No. Do I need to? No. We all know its true. 600+ is probably a better number since the UTEC is good in the 500+ range. But, and I mean but, if you can afford it, why would you not go with what the pros say is the best? That's all. I am new at this and I am just stating the obvious. I don't need someone to call me out on it just because they assume I will either not respond or respond with something ignorant that they can then refute and look like a hero and laugh about it later. Some of the stuff on this forum is total BS...
Old 01-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Jokestrap
I don't need someone to call me out on it just because they assume I will either not respond or respond with something ignorant that they can then refute and look like a hero and laugh about it later. ...
No one was calling you out..
Originally Posted by Jokestrap
Some of the stuff on this forum is total BS...
99% of it is total BS to be exact..This type of crap is the exact reason I stopped supporting this site.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
These features also are on the UTEC FYI, just cause your tuner could not figure them out, cause their to busy trying to sell units that cost 3 times as much, dont hate on me..Seems like you have Fcon envy..
I never said the UTEC was superior to the FCON...NEVER ONCE..The Fcon is a great unit, I concurr...But remember, your equipment is only as good as the operator..I proved that on my 10 second thread.
Have you gotten your 2 step to work properly ? Iwas'nt aware that option was available but if so thats amazing I really want that option but was told when I got my utec that it would'nt work for my car. Don't worry it was'nt from a vendor on this site .
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

My only defense will be the fetal position? Is that your way of trying to threaten me? You know what dont answer that, this will only go down hill and I think we have all had enough of this $hit back and forth between me and you.
Honestly Alberto...I am looking foward to the day we finally meet face to face ...I honestly want to see if your as much of a pest in person as you are online.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Have you gotten your 2 step to work properly ? Iwas'nt aware that option was available but if so thats amazing I really want that option but was told when I got my utec that it would'nt work for my car. Don't worry it was'nt from a vendor on this site .
They will be available in the future software release
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
captj3

Julian you have Tuned the utec to be hiccup free on part throttle? If so then I have to get my car back up north again. You can reply in a pm if you wish.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by captj3
Julian you have Tuned the utec to be hiccup free on part throttle? If so then I have to get my car back up north again. You can reply in a pm if you wish.
yes I have, on 720cc's no less..The only issue I have is I have to depress the throttle on warm starts sometimes.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Why the FCON over the MOTEC? If better/safer aka more expensive is the argument, then everybody should be using the MOTEC.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:23 PM
captj3

Here we go the fight is about to start. Now we are going to get real personal.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:23 PM
plumpzz

fight fight fight fight... :-D
I can contest however for julians car. Its pretty smooth.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Everytime I want to get out of some BS, you just have to pull me back in MANY people know me on a personal level from these forums in MD and VA, not just met me at a meet, Im no pest. Id love for you to come at me with your attitude you have online in person, but I doubt it will ever happen. Im sure you'd be on your good behavior that day, or have your friends conveniently around you. I could care less if your a f*cking cop in NJ. You want to end this now or you want to keep going, have us both get more personal and then have this thread closed after I start typing $hit I know about you/your shop? Ive been on this site forever, people like you come and go, you already stopped supporting the site why dont you just leave or at least keep the smart a$$ bullying comments to yourself? You cant take what you dish out, I think its funny.
#1) Your a know it all tool...That knows nothing.
#2) I dont need any friends to help me handle business.
#3) I 100% will give you attitude if we met, trust me,Im a bigger ***** in person
#4) Tpye what you want about my shop, we have a flawless reputation, and being you have never stepped foot in my shop, your comments are simply hearsay and opinion.
#5)I would not **** on you if you were on fire..

It is you who ALWAYS starts the BS, not me. I ignore you and stay away from posting replies to you until you initiate.This crap is getting way old man, and way out of hand...Im tired of having to deal with you every time I post something YOU dont like or agree with...Your a 21 year old kid from MD whos parents have money, what makes you the expert on anything?? Your a tool, simple and clear..You wanna settle this, name it..
You wanna fight , well have a fistfight..
You wanna race, well settle it in a race..
You wanna settle it in a game of chess, whatever..
Choose your poison fool..This needt to be finished once and for all..
Old 01-15-2007, 08:44 PM
captj3

How about not attacking in every thread? The ignore button works for everyone.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by captj3
How about not attacking in every thread? The ignore button works for everyone.
+1. Enough already.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Added to ignore list..

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 01-15-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM
thawk408

Wow, this thread got somewhere....
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 PM
clemlover15

Originally Posted by thawk408
Wow, this thread got somewhere....

Quick Reply: Utec and high hp numbers.