Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Utec and high hp numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
kevinapex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utec and high hp numbers.

So who are making high hp numbers through a Utec? (any type FI systems)
Is there anyone over 600 rwh?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:12 PM
kevinapex

Is there anyone over 600rwh with Utec?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:40 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by kevinapex
Is there anyone over 600rwh with Utec?
Alberto is close.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Dirty Dave

<--- tuning in, I have a utec and would like to put down 550 to 575 and can't afford an hks.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
plumpzz

I think MRC is around 650rwhp. They're pretty high w/e they are.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:14 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

yeah i have a thread started about my motor and one guy said that the utec cant make over 550 ish whp, but i dont think thats true, who knows
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

sharif has high numbers with a UTEC..
Old 01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by doug
sharif has high numbers with a UTEC..
Is he still on a utec ? I would have assumed he converted to a v pro by now since he carries them .
Old 01-15-2007, 05:27 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Is he still on a utec ? I would have assumed he converted to a v pro by now since he carries them .
He converted to vpro awhile ago.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run 580whp with a UTEC, unfortunately Sharif didnt have race fuel when my car was down there. Before summer I want to do a different fuel system and race gas with more boost, so you may see waayyy higher numbers from me on the measly UTEC. And yes he runs an FCON now...
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by jdm3fiddyZ
yeah i have a thread started about my motor and one guy said that the utec cant make over 550 ish whp, but i dont think thats true, who knows
Wrong! Never said "can't". Don't misquote on the boards bro. Some of us read almost all of them that fit our interests. You must be talkin about me. Read this again. Suggested V-PRO for more safety which everyone hear will agree is the case. https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/242952-my-new-setup-what-should-i-expect.html
Old 01-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Jokestrap
Wrong! Never said "can't". Don't misquote on the boards bro. Some of us read almost all of them that fit our interests. You must be talkin about me. Read this again. Suggested V-PRO for more safety which everyone hear will agree is the case. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242952
What in your own experiences makes the V pro any safer than a properly tuned UTEC? Or are you repeating what your being told?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
What in your own experiences makes the V pro any safer than a properly tuned UTEC? Or are you repeating what your being told?
+1 and there is nothing wrong with your compression its fine.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Yeah, pretty much repeating what I am being told along with checking out what most of the rally and race guys use; Motec and FCON. I mostly just repeat what the shops tell me once I have spent an unGodly amount of money so that hopefully everyone will agree with me in an effort to make myself feel better.

Seriously, you are not really going to get into all the reasons why the UTEC is better than some of the best equipment available to racers and tuners are you?

Go ahead and take a position against me because you assume that there is no possible way that I can intelligently, with experience, explain why the FCON is better than the UTEC. You're right, experience with both and the differences in detail between the two, hands down make the FCON better...If that's what you are expecting, then forget about it. Truly, you would be the expert in your field, not me. Everything I say is simply based on a middle ground between experience and research. On the other hand my friend, you should easily be able to explain why the UTEC is better than the FCON or why the FCON is not better than the UTEC. So, with that said, I really would like to know why the companies that race for a living are choosing the wrong EMS.

Last edited by Jokestrap; 01-15-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
+1 and there is nothing wrong with your compression its fine.

Never said there was anything "wrong" with his compression. Even suggested that it was no big deal; which suggests that he would never be able to tell the difference. Boy, some of you guys just split hairs for the fun of it.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:02 PM
priscilla ls1

Yeah, pretty much repeating what I am being told along with checking out what most of the rally and race guys use; Motec and FCON. I mostly just repeat what the shops tell me once I have spent an unGodly amount of money so that hopefully everyone will agree with me in an effort to make myself feel better.

Seriously, you are not really going to get into all the reasons why the UTEC is better than some of the best equipment available to racers and tuners are you?

Go ahead and take a position against me because you assume that there is no possible way that I can intelligently, with experience, explain why the FCON is better than the UTEC. You're right, experience with both and the differences in detail between the two, hands down make the FCON better...If that's what you are expecting, then forget about it. Truly, you would be the expect in your field, not me. Everything I say is simply based on a middle ground between experience and research. On the other hand my friend, you should easily be able to explain why the UTEC is better than the FCON or why the FCON is not better than the UTEC. So, with that said, I really would like to know why the companies that race for a living are choosing the wrong EMS.
Nobody said that the Utec is better then the FCON you said the FCON is safer. I feel that they both can be just as safe if tuned properly.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Go ahead and take a position against me because you assume that there is no possible way that I can intelligently, with experience, explain why the FCON is better than the UTEC. You're right, experience with both and the differences in detail between the two, hands down make the FCON better...If that's what you are expecting, then forget about it. Truly, you would be the expect in your field, not me. Everything I say is simply based on a middle ground between experience and research. On the other hand my friend, you should easily be able to explain why the UTEC is better than the FCON or why the FCON is not better than the UTEC. So, with that said, I really would like to know why the companies that race for a living are choosing the wrong EMS.
simmer down there Tex..
Im just trying to prove a point that most consumers (perhaps not you) are led like sheep to purchase items that they will never utilize the full potential of, nor do they need. Im simply pointing out the fact that the trend now has gone from everyone needs an Emanage ultimate, to everyone needs a UTEC, to everyone now needs an Fcon pro. 2% of the builds on this board will ever reach the HP levels that the supra guys reached using the AEM unit over 6 years ago. It just amuses me how brainwashed members of this forum have become by their respective shops..Thats all. If you have the money the Fcon is an awsome unit, go for it..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
What in your own experience makes the UTEC even comparable to the FCON? Oh wait your not an FCON tuner so you wouldnt know...you sure like to get smart with people that can potentially feed your family, and you wonder why business is bad
Who says business is bad you troll? Were booked solid until mid March right now.Your forgetting we are capable of working on ALL cars not just one platform and we are 10 mins from the largest 1/4 mile track on the east coast..
To answer your question:What I said was "what makes you think the F-com is SAFER" I never used the words BETTER..Learn to read what I type, and stop quoting me out of context all the time..
Bot units are very capable forms of engine management for the respective price range they fall into.

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 01-15-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by Alberto
What in your own experience makes the UTEC even comparable to the FCON? Oh wait your not an FCON tuner so you wouldnt know...you sure like to get smart with people that can potentially feed your family, and you wonder why business is bad
Wow! I was not going to go there. Not enough posts or respect, but Alberto does. Huge...
Old 01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Wow! I was not going to go there. Not enough posts or respect, but Alberto does. Huge...
Ok, now its time to FLame MRC...Go ahead guys...Alberto ROOOLS!!

Quick Reply: Utec and high hp numbers.