Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

MUZZY's Vortech install ton of pics (guide for future FI Z's)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warranty is crap anyway since in order to have anything repaired you have to:

1. Pay to have the whole setup taken off (or do yourself)
2. Wait forever for them to "repair"
3. Pay to have the whole setup put back on (or do yourself)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike at AAM what is up ? coing to the weekend stretch and no email >< ?
Old 03-31-2007, 05:31 PM
roy86t

humm 4 days no email yet... you called them and they said yea and then nothing?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by sentry65
how does the TN kit get its oil? where does it tap? The turbo on that kit sits at the same location as the vortech

I'd think with enough oil pressure and a safe amount of oil there'd be no issues with tapping the oil line around where the oil pan is instead of up higher on the block. I mean, the APS oil pan comes with a tap plug - that's what I used. Not sure if it's causing any issues, but it doesn't seem to
The TN kit also calls for tapping the block, but I opted to use the AAM spacer. I REALLY didn't wanna drill a hole in my block
Old 04-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey muzzy!! sorry i missed your post here, i called vortech and they shipped out that coupler immediately. very nice write up and lots of pictures!!

good job and enjoy your fast car now!!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:03 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your Grammar is better than most who have English as a first language. TRUE to the block drill and tap, why tempt fate and not have a total unobstructed gravity flow ??? Foolish.
One thing that saves time and patience with a V-Install is to epoxy the mount plate spacers in place the night before so all the little buggers stay in place as you lower it in place.
Also, trash the Vortech filter and carefully enlarge the inlet hole in the core support so you can use a K@N RX 4140 filter, twice as long and filtered on the end and easier to take out and service. Vent ur breather hose to the atmosphere using another small K@N filter on the end of the hose. I forgot the # but its small and has a 5/8 slip fit on the end.

Keep ur orifice clean !!!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:54 PM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
hey muzzy!! sorry i missed your post here, i called vortech and they shipped out that coupler immediately. very nice write up and lots of pictures!!

good job and enjoy your fast car now!!

yea thz allot I installed the new coupler finally this week and decided to turn my BOV 180 degrees towards the passenger side and cut the splash guard so I can check on it easier and now its 2x as loud!

also 1 question for u. there is an O ring in the BOV that is on the piston itself, it keeps slipping off and placing itself in the rod part of the valve inside the BOV.. was it suppose to be glued on? it keeps slipping off after some boost. I dont know if I should glue it in place? I dont see any performance declinethe BOV still seal and holds boost to 9psi
Old 04-01-2007, 12:57 PM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by roy86t
humm 4 days no email yet... you called them and they said yea and then nothing?
yea hopefully they will send me something monday..... Im hoping. They do great work but they are hiring a position for costumer service this is maybe Y they are so short on that.

I dont understand how hard it could be
-turn computer on
-locate file
-attach and send

wallah another customer satisfied!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by sentry65
how does the TN kit get its oil? where does it tap? The turbo on that kit sits at the same location as the vortech

I'd think with enough oil pressure and a safe amount of oil there'd be no issues with tapping the oil line around where the oil pan is instead of up higher on the block. I mean, the APS oil pan comes with a tap plug - that's what I used. Not sure if it's causing any issues, but it doesn't seem to
The TN is supplied by a T over by the filter and has a a drill and tap scenerio just like the Vortech for the return
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Dave@altered

I just talked to Mike and he told me that the Dyno print out you have is the latest one. Since we were not able to fully tune your car we did not have anyother dyno sheets. PM me your number so I can send it over to Mike and he can talk to you more about this or if you want you can call the shop when you have time.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:02 AM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by Dave@altered
I just talked to Mike and he told me that the Dyno print out you have is the latest one. Since we were not able to fully tune your car we did not have anyother dyno sheets. PM me your number so I can send it over to Mike and he can talk to you more about this or if you want you can call the shop when you have time.
are you seriouse?

the dyno sheet i have is the base run dyno witch has no tune and no ECU flash, nothing. they just straped on the car and ran it and I asked for them to print it. that is what I have. hummm.....
Old 04-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Dave@altered

We did have other runs but this was the only clean run that was done, since you were haveing problems with fuel delivery. Once we are able to get your car back on the dyno we will be able to give you a fully tuned dyno.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 AM
MUZZY

im doing some research and getting in touch with past vortech costumers that you guys have tuned, to see what you guys actually did. After i gather my info ill post my findings,

so far im looking into why u guys use a ECU flash tune instead of tuning the SS box. this is probly why your having the fuel delivery problems in the high RPM's, but it could be also a way to sell your fuel return system and fuel pump. so im looking into that. talking with other tuners also to see what they do in this type of setup and see if your validation is reasonable.

im just a little upset that I payed your $385 or whatever price for your tune and didnt get a complete tune. I walked out of your shop thinking that you guys are done tuning it minus the crank wire problem (witch im not even going to bring up) and that you just needed a retune it with the new pump that I was going to install later down the road.

Last edited by MUZZY; 04-02-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 AM
booger

I believe if all the AAM tuned Vortech guys would post up . You would see a trend , and a simular story with all of them .
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 AM
THE TECH

Hmm...very interesting. Well this would explain fuel issues if they are not tuning the SS box at all.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 AM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Hmm...very interesting. Well this would explain fuel issues if they are not tuning the SS box at all.
yup this is what im thinking.... and I beleive they are doing it so they can make more $$.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by MUZZY
yup this is what im thinking.... and I beleive they are doing it so they can make more $$.
I dont understand ---- Do they not have the SS software ??? Or, dont u have it ???
Old 04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
I dont understand ---- Do they not have the SS software ??? Or, dont u have it ???
This is what is to be determined. Customer should not have to supply the software. If AAM doesn't have it, then I wouldn't let them near my car.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:37 AM
MUZZY

Well Mike just called from AAM and we talked and he was a real gentlemen and we agreed to bring my car in for the final tune on monday 2 weeks from now.

he also sayd that they use the SS box to tune it!
i'd like to go back and stand on my past words " the guys at AAM know what they are doing ". I just got a little upset since I draged my car last friday and went drifting last night. Hate to blow a big investment like that.

I will have dyno results and info to post up so tune in 2 weeks from now for updates.

Thanks for all the readers and supporters and Dave and Mike at AAM for stepping up and clearing things up with me and standing behind their work.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
THE TECH

So basically they told you they tuned the car and really didn't.

Quick Reply: MUZZY's Vortech install ton of pics (guide for future FI Z's)