Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
VQ-TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rAizE2k
and finally it comes out...
Please elaborate...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thread has remained clam so far. I'm guessing we are all waiting for the shop side of the story. Everyone please continue to keep it civil.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Thread has remained clam so far. I'm guessing we are all waiting for the shop side of the story. Everyone please continue to keep it civil.
Some pretty strong accusations were made at the beginning of this thread (some criminal). I would be very surprised if VRT responded to this thread.

Also, to the OP, hope your ducks are in a row. You may find yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Some pretty strong accusations were made at the beginning of this thread (some criminal). I would be very surprised if VRT responded to this thread.

Also, to the OP, hope your ducks are in a row. You may find yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
If the story is true, I doubt it. Two things to remember: (1) truth is an absolute defense to libel and slander, and (2) a lawsuit would mean that there would be a public record of every person VRT (allegedly) cheated.

I would be a little worried about the suspension thread... if a tech in their own shop started it posing as a potential customer, I'm pretty sure that violates a couple of FTC regulations and is likely a violation of couple a state consumer protection laws (though I am not familliar with their local laws).

To be honest, I really hope it's not true.

HT4 (waits for VRT)
Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 PM
coachk
Banned

Quick side bar...In order for a person to claim libel or slander they have to be able to prove that such libelous or slanderous statements against them caused them monetary damages....Thats the simple version without boring you with legal mumbo jumbo.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Bullitproof

i just read the thread thread about vrt's coilovers posted by vqturbotec. is this what we have come to? an employee posing as a customer to generate buzz on a part? that, my friends, is corny. i agree that we wont know the whole truth until vrt chimes in, but if that 'advertising' tactic is any indication of their business practices, they wont chime in.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z

as a tech in the shop, im sure the guy would know what parts he was putting on a car and what parts the customers were expecting to be put on the car. perhaps he's lying but it doesnt seem that far fetched judging by some of the other issues this compnay has had.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
well mr a said that he dynojet a few of his cars afterthey left the shop and numbers were almost same... but no dyno sheets to prove it =] Alberto has been askign for this for a while and none were shown
Alberto only? I've been asking and calling BS longer than anyone that I saw. the minute they claimed 800whp daily driven cars it was BS as I saw many extremely competent shops still reaching for those numbers.

Just the fact they wanted to stage threads (the one linked asking about the suspension is just ONE) and treat us like we are idiot consumers is offensive enough.

Thier reputation has been ruined for a while, so really this is just finally proof of the whispers around this and many other Z forums.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ht4
If the story is true, I doubt it. Two things to remember: (1) truth is an absolute defense to libel and slander, and (2) a lawsuit would mean that there would be a public record of every person VRT (allegedly) cheated.

I would be a little worried about the suspension thread... if a tech in their own shop started it posing as a potential customer, I'm pretty sure that violates a couple of FTC regulations and is likely a violation of couple a state consumer protection laws (though I am not familliar with their local laws).

To be honest, I really hope it's not true.

HT4 (waits for VRT)
hence WHY I started this thread when I noticed these fake sounding questions popping up on this forum (not only VRT related)

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/273640-question-for-any-lawyers-or-smart-people.html
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by coachk
Quick side bar...In order for a person to claim libel or slander they have to be able to prove that such libelous or slanderous statements against them caused them monetary damages....Thats the simple version without boring you with legal mumbo jumbo.
Usually that is the case, but I don't think that applies here.

If memory serves from my first year of law school torts class, at common law when such statements are injurious to another in their trade or business, it is considered libel "per se" and damages are presumed and need not be proven.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:52 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by ht4

If memory serves from my first year of law school torts class, at common law when such statements are injurious to another in their trade or business, it is considered libel "per se" and damages are presumed and need not be proven.
I agree for the most part, but a jury will not award monies based on a presumption unless the presumption has been proven by facts from the plaintiff.The same thing applies with the defense,that if they can produce truthful facts that they did not harm someones reputation or monetarily harm them,then they would prevail.As you know both parties can have a presumption but then its just a he said-she said,and whoever has the more credible witnesses and/or truthful facts should win..

To VQ...just be careful not to identify anyone by name or business because written statements, even on the web, can be used against you.

Time for breakfast..got to go
Old 06-24-2007, 05:03 AM
rythex

Well, Everyone pretty much knew this already from that last thread from FallenRomero (sp) VRT put that piece of crap exhaust on that guys car and charged him how many hundreds of dollars?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:24 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ht4

........of course, the statements made would have to be false, too.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:18 AM
vqturbotec

i would not lie about something like this. As far as the suspension stuff thats what i was asked to do. matter of fact some of my posts were edited by the man. i did not do this to bash or flame but to inform the public.Like i said i will not name this shop but if 1+1 doesn't equal 2 then sorry

FYI if any lawsuit did come of this they better start fixing what they did now,and even then i still have pics and ppl that know the facts
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by vqturbotec
i would not lie about something like this. As far as the suspension stuff thats what i was asked to do. matter of fact some of my posts were edited by the man. i did not do this to bash or flame but to inform the public.Like i said i will not name this shop but if 1+1 doesn't equal 2 then sorry

FYI if any lawsuit did come of this they better start fixing what they did now,and even then i still have pics and ppl that know the facts
I'm sure you'll be fine, but in this day and age when people are "sue crazy" who knows. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I'm sure you'll be fine, but in this day and age when people are "sue crazy" who knows. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row!!!
he has nothign to worry about
Old 06-24-2007, 09:25 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
Alberto only? I've been asking and calling BS longer than anyone that I saw. the minute they claimed 800whp daily driven cars it was BS as I saw many extremely competent shops still reaching for those numbers.

Just the fact they wanted to stage threads (the one linked asking about the suspension is just ONE) and treat us like we are idiot consumers is offensive enough.

Thier reputation has been ruined for a while, so really this is just finally proof of the whispers around this and many other Z forums.

first person that came to mind but yah i am sure many have been askign for it sorry

i agreee 10000 witht he suspension thread.... they tried to act as if every body in the forums knew nothing

and d00d as someone already told you... your avantar is trippy as hell
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 AM
synth19

In case you guys missed the other thread:

This is fckn hilarious. TOTAL OWNAGE!!!!!!

Post 1 from vqturbotec:

so i was at bw last weekend and heard that vrt has some new true coil over suspension. i didnt get to actually see it but watching the two cars equipped with it they looked pretty dominating in the turns.(we all know there stuiped fast in the straights) well i guess my two questions are how much does the coilover cost ? and how does it handle on the street

Of course, coincidently, VRT spots the thread and supplies a response. LOL!!!

Originally Posted by mraturbo
It is True:

We do have a New True Coil Over - RT24

I nicknamed them RT Medicine...Cause they make the car feel much better. LOL...

10 Months of testing this product, 2 Time attacks with Four Podium finishes at Button Willow and Calspeedway with drivers like Billy Johnson, Tanner Faust, Aaron Bitterman, and Jeff Howard. So not just making a product and saying it is good, we received real feedback from real racers in real competition.

We didn't design this product to be a RACE ONLY part (Stiff, bouncy, and extremely bumpy) No Thanks...Been there done that..., we want a true Road/track product so that you can easily and comfortably drive to the track, put on some race rubber, adjust your dampening with the 24 way valve, and go eat up some Porsches and Vettes.

Believe me, we have tried and religiously used JIC, Stance, Tein, KW, Bilstein, Eiback/Tokico, and without a doubt, FOR THE MONEY - You will not find a better Road/Track Suspension. If you do, Buy it cause it will be bomb.

What we have noticed over three years of testing:

Either the suspension is [/B]

Too Stiff
Too Soft
Valving Not responsive enough
Too Low and not ride height adjustable
or Too Expensive (two and three way adjustable)[/B]

Here are some picts. We aren't yet shipping and we can put together a group buy soon.

Suggested Retail $1500 (Group buy $1200)

Features and Benefits

True Coil-Over Front and Rear
24 Way adjustable
Professional Time Attack Driver Proven in Competition and comfort proven by total daily drivers.
Ride Height adjustable with ease.
Light Wight aluminum
1200 front and 800 rear springrates...Nice...
Gas Fill and awesome valving - awesome...
(Extra Gas cartridge available) for more $$$ - Raceonly applications
[/B]
This is good stiff, 6 Piston and 4 Piston brakes coming as well.

M

So apparently, after the OP STAGED the thread.... we find out that vqturbotec, works for (or got fired) from VRT soon after. Now this guy is pissed and exposing the shenanigans.. I surprised he didn't mention having to stage threads as part of his employment.... LOL

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281489

This is a FI matter please read

Subject: Very Ridiculous Techs

This post is to inform the public on the type of work one should not expect.Such as spending 20k 30k and 40k on forced induction and getting used parts when ur paying for new and such,or purchasing used parts that were said to be good that were not.perviously working for a very successful So Cal shop or so i thought.I slowly but surly got caught in a web of lying and stealing from customers.As i tryed to personally fix the deceptivness working late on customer cars to keep them happy 1 even 2 in the morning replacing damaged parts out of my own pocket that were never damaged. Putting used old turbo kits that have been to over 100 track events on cars and selling them as new kits then charging the customer to fix it.Made me start judging my morals So i told the boss how i felt and every time there was an answer the customer knows,things break,etc.I was fired and replaced which is all good no hard fillings at all.(now i can sleep at night)i just think its better to come clean in the end and thats why i posted this.I was told i was not fired but there was no work for me.okay a kid off the street replaced me with no automotive experence im sorry thats false he changed tires. then the boss called me i need you to take a g35x apart and put it in a coupe (g35coupeX) well u can stick it were the sun dont shine.And i really hope u **** ur self when u see this. i will not say names but if u would like to reply fill free we can talk it out

Any ways if i worked on your car i did it to the best of my ability as a six year certifed tech and i aplogize to the people that my pervious company screwed

Like You Told Me Its Just Business

LOL!!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 AM
FairladyZ06

Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe I even considered sending my car to that place

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs