Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
THE ROADSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope he used new parts for my car.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
the problem is not that it breaks
its that they overprice... put whp #s that are highly exagerated for what the setup shoudl make....they recomend parts with just clear aim on profit liek a n/a stillen dual when an evo dual with 3" woudl outperform it anyday
they have a reatarded restock fee policy...installing used parts on customer when they ordered new.... etc etc
I think if you go and get a quote from them and about three or four other shops you will see that they do NOT overprice things. Try it and post your results....really! Dont tell the compaines who you are and get quotes for the same setup and see who is overpriced. I guarantee if you include GTM they will be the most expensive....not saying anything about their quality.

If the dyno they go to puts up the numbers they are stating then how can they be misrepresenting? A lot of questions here and only assumptions about what is actually going on cause not many of you have dealt with them, and that is my biggest problem.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
As for the staged thread.....if it was that? Who knows, and who cares.....I know they have been working on the suspension for a while and thats how the word got out. Whether it was staged or not what difference does it make? Honesty? (fixed)

and like someone said too many people from out of state with no experience with VRT other than the forums come on here and bash them. Keep your opinions to yourself until you have dealt with them. Just my .02.......

It does make a difference. Honesty is very important. Why should I or anybody else trust our cars and 5-figure investments to a company that resorts to unethical business practices and BS hype on our forum? IMO, that staged thread is inexcusable and shouldn't be tolerated by either the admins/mods or the members.

I know your response wasn't directed specifically at me, but if you read my posts, you'll notice that I have not made any comments/opinions about VRT's workmanship/quality or about what allegedly goes on inside the shop on a daily basis because I don't have any first or second hand experience about it. I have only commented about their history of behavior on this forum, and how it makes me suspicious about their company and operations in general. I don't need to be a VRT customer to be entitled to voice an opinion about that.

Us "out of staters" are still potential customers for VRT or any other shop, so our opinions are not irrelevant. How a sponsor behaves on this forum and markets themselves are very important factors for me in deciding who I will give my business to in the future.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-25-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
masterj26

If the dyno they go to puts up the numbers they are stating then how can they be misrepresenting?
Because we all know dyno's can't be altered
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
This has nothing to do with this thread, and I'm not taking sides, but just a friendly (kind of) suggestion...I would have laid low and not talk so much if I were you.

from the TOU:

21.) WARNINGS & BANISHMENT
Warnings are issued for misbehaviors or for violations of the above TOU rules. These strikes carry on to all usernames of the same person. Same goes for banishment; when a person is banned, all of their existing usernames are banned as well. There are ways to track usernames of the same person.

bye.
i am guessing he was a member here before and got banned? what was his original name?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive heard of VRT and VTR...they are not the same are they ?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:25 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by booger
Ive heard of VRT and VTR...they are not the same are they ?
No, theres

VRT= Violent Racing Tech

and

VTR= Vinny Ten Racing.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

It does make a difference. Honesty is very important. Why should I or anybody else trust our cars and 5-figure investments to a company that resorts to unethical business practices and BS hype on our forum? IMO, that staged thread is inexcusable and shouldn't be tolerated by either the admins/mods or the members.

I know your response wasn't directed specifically at me, but if you read my posts, you'll notice that I have not made any comments/opinions about VRT's workmanship/quality or about what allegedly goes on inside the shop on a daily basis because I don't have any first or second hand experience about it. I have only commented about their history of behavior on this forum, and how it makes me suspicious about their company and operations in general. I don't need to be a VRT customer to be entitled to voice an opinion about that.

Us "out of staters" are still potential customers for VRT or any other shop, so our opinions are not irrelevant. How a sponsor behaves on this forum and markets themselves are very important factors for me in deciding who I will give my business to in the future.
Dont know what to tell you other than, people have this opinion about what VRT does and doesnt do, talk to Eagle1....ask his opinion of VRT and what they have done for him. There are too many people here who bash and others get the wrong impression, I have dealt with MrA and VRT for about a year and a half now and I could not be happier. They put out an awesome product and are very reasonably priced from what I can tell.

Unfortunately from my experience in all of the places I have worked, the statments that are made to the companies or the public are the negative ones....all too often we as a society do not compliment when we should and that happens here too. For the numerous satisfied customers there are going to be disgruntled ones. Too bad that all too often the only thing people pay attention to is the negative feedback. I think it would be interesting to see how many satisfied customers there are versus unsatisfied...my guess is that less then 1% are unhappy from VRT. If that is the case then they do a pretty DAMN good job in my eyes!

I do not know the actual numbers, but I would guess it is around there from my experience and talking with some of their customers.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
MIAPLAYA

Dont know what to tell you other than, people have this opinion about what VRT does and doesnt do, talk to Eagle1....ask his opinion of VRT and what they have done for him. There are too many people here who bash and others get the wrong impression, I have dealt with MrA and VRT for about a year and a half now and I could not be happier. They put out an awesome product and are very reasonably priced from what I can tell.

Unfortunately from my experience in all of the places I have worked, the statments that are made to the companies or the public are the negative ones....all too often we as a society do not compliment when we should and that happens here too. For the numerous satisfied customers there are going to be disgruntled ones. Too bad that all too often the only thing people pay attention to is the negative feedback. I think it would be interesting to see how many satisfied customers there are versus unsatisfied...my guess is that less then 1% are unhappy from VRT. If that is the case then they do a pretty DAMN good job in my eyes!

I do not know the actual numbers, but I would guess it is around there from my experience and talking with some of their customers.
Unfortunately thats life in the free consumer market. Studies have shown that on average a person who recieves good service will tell only about 5-10 people about it. Conversely the same person will tell 18-25 people about bad service they recieved. There's nothing you can do about that. When someone is happy they don't usually say much. But when they are not happy they yell it to the world.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by masterj26
Because we all know dyno's can't be altered
I dont know that much about dynos....but I do knot that MrA's G, that he drove daily errored out the dyno at Stillen....if you dont believe fine, but unless you know for a fact something is wrong, I wouldnt say it. Maybe you do, I dont know.....I do know their cars put down crazy power and are fast as hell! Thats what should matter!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Unfortunately thats life in the free consumer market. Studies have shown that on average a person who recieves good service will tell only about 5-10 people about it. Conversely the same person will tell 18-25 people about bad service they recieved. There's nothing you can do about that. When someone is happy they don't usually say much. But when they are not happy they yell it to the world.
My point exactly....and I know for a fact that the majority of VRTs customers are not and never have been from this forum! So, the percentage is even more askew than normal. People jump all over my case for supporting VRT, well I would hope that you guys do the same for the companies you trust. It is unfortunate that so many people feel this way about VRT....I think the majority of you would be happy with what they can do for you and your car! I know I am!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
stormcrow

Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about the topic at hand, this is the first time I have heard anything about it, but I do know that all of the past dyno claims, along with the 800+whp G35 are true. Thats all I am going to say on this topic. I don't want to get involved with any of it, but I felt that the dyno numbers should be verified as true so they don't continue to be part of this debate.

If you really have issues or questions with that, feel free to PM me. I don't mind, but this is the only thing I will say in this thread.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 AM
vqturbotec

My point exactly....and I know for a fact that the majority of VRTs customers are not and never have been from this forum! So, the percentage is even more askew than normal. People jump all over my case for supporting VRT, well I would hope that you guys do the same for the companies you trust. It is unfortunate that so many people feel this way about VRT....I think the majority of you would be happy with what they can do for you and your car! I know I am!
I have a question for you.Did someone ask u to reply to this post or did u just see it and reply.

anyways it was a pleasure working on your car bob
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

800+whp isnt true in my eyes or any knowledgable forum member's eyes until its proven on a Dynojet, which other than basic SAE/STD (few others nobody uses) is unalterable. When I see 800+whp on a Dynojet out of a car from VRT/Relentless/whoever I will be impressed and apologize accordingly. You'd think if your shop could hit 800whp on any dyno you'd prove it, instead they stick to Dynapacks (Jim Wolf's) that read high generally due to no wheels and alterable Dyno Dynamics. All I ever get back is "do you think Jim Wolf is lying?" No I dont, but he uses a dyno that is known to read high, only lying going on is to yourselves and the newbs on here that dont know any better that believe the 800+whp claims...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
masterj26

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
I don't know anything about the topic at hand, this is the first time I have heard anything about it, but I do know that all of the past dyno claims, along with the 800+whp G35 are true. Thats all I am going to say on this topic. I don't want to get involved with any of it, but I felt that the dyno numbers should be verified as true so they don't continue to be part of this debate.

If you really have issues or questions with that, feel free to PM me. I don't mind, but this is the only thing I will say in this thread.

You coming out and saying they are true is not any different/better then Mr A, WA2GOOD or anybody else saying it. The proof is in a dyno sheet as stated by Alberto. You were affiliated with VRT and now you are with Relentless = being bias'd towards a company(ies). Post a DJ sheet showing 800+ whp then they will be verified and everyone will acknowledge the accomplishments. Until then its the same old B.S.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by stormcrow
I hope this wasn't directed towards me. I was only stating facts around complaints/praise in a free market economy.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by vqturbotec
I have a question for you.Did someone ask u to reply to this post or did u just see it and reply.

anyways it was a pleasure working on your car bob
I just saw the post and wanted to respond.

Thanks....for the compliment.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
stormcrow

I hope this wasn't directed towards me. I was only stating facts around complaints/praise in a free market economy.
no, doc... not at all... i just thought it a funny pic and appropriate for navygolf's posts... *haha*
Old 06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Navygolf13

Rob,

I think it was directed at me....seems that people who stand up for the company they had work done at are nuthuggers when that company is VRT. All other companies just have loyal customers....I think it is pretty funny!

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs