Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Rob,

I think it was directed at me....seems that people who stand up for the company they had work done at are nuthuggers when that company is VRT. All other companies just have loyal customers....I think it is pretty funny!
Ive seen a few nuthugging comments from stormcrow about his shop . He is calling the kettle black...NO ?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob,

I think it was directed at me....seems that people who stand up for the company they had work done at are nuthuggers when that company is VRT. All other companies just have loyal customers....I think it is pretty funny!
dude, you nuthug every vendor on this board... it doesn't matter what thread someone starts about a bad experience or poor customer service, you're right there to side with the vendor and slam the client for posting their experience... i'm only poking fun at you because you continually refuse to see the legitimacy of their posts and quickly dismiss their claims even though the evidence is overwhelming...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by booger
Ive seen a few nuthugging comments from stormcrow about his shop . He is calling the kettle black...NO ?
see above post to navygolf13...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:45 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by stormcrow

i knew it wasnt directed to Robert but it was funny that he asked
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by booger
I agree. Everyone here could be considered "nuthuggers" in their own right, that is, unless they hate everything about their car and every shop they've ever worked with. In that case this place would be even more cynical and worthless.

The term "nuthugger" is just offensive and a weak argument/insult in any case...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was watching this and waiting. I think it is funny that so many people here automatically jump on whatever is said. If I am not mistaken VRT has NEVER had a motor blow and their customers and them drive the car harder than anyone I know. So g-x crawl back into your hole and stop complaining...your car is fine just like all the other customers of VRT.

Whoever said this is like high school is right. Too much drama here and not many people can wait to make up their minds until they hear both sides of the story.....sounds to me like someone who was upset they got canned and tried to get back at the old company.

As for the staged thread.....if it was that? Who knows, and who cares.....I know they have been working on the suspension for a while and thats how the word got out. Whether it was staged or not what difference does it make? Honestly?

I have spoken with a bunch of you and meet quite a few people on here, and I dont want to get into a pissing match about any of this. It would be nice if people would listen to the entire story and like someone said too many people from out of state with no experience with VRT other than the forums come on here and bash them. Keep your opinions to yourself until you have dealt with them. Just my .02.......
1 - I am pretty sure they had a blown engine, but I don't feel like researching the thread.

2 - I cannot believe you would have no problem with deceptive marketing practices that are generally vilified by everyone.

3 - remember: this thread was started by a (supposed) tech from VRT, NOT a customer... < i.e. 'from the horses mouth' if he says he was instructed by the owner to do what he did.... there is no defence on their part.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Unfortunately thats life in the free consumer market. Studies have shown that on average a person who recieves good service will tell only about 5-10 people about it. Conversely the same person will tell 18-25 people about bad service they recieved. There's nothing you can do about that. When someone is happy they don't usually say much. But when they are not happy they yell it to the world.
Definitely true. If I don't hear much about a company, but what little I hear is good, I know it's a damn good company. If I hear something ridiculously bad about the company, it could be a fluke. When I hear more bad things ontop of that? It's no fluke. Something's wrong with this place.

Now granted, I'm used to hearing the usual bad crap... so and so charged an arm and a leg, the tune is horrible, the install took way too long...

Out of all of those things that would turn someone away from a particular shop, they don't compare to fraud.

I've heard bad things about VRT even before the whole FallenRomeo issue. Since it was the only thing negative I've heard about them, I didn't really give it a second thought. The FallenRomeo ordeal is what completely pursueded me to turn anybody away from VRT I could.

I'm just glad I would never have to deal with them personally since I don't intend on moving nearby.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

werd, i mean everybody stands by their tuner shop depending on the work done... i guess the point point is like storm crow said

...because ... continually refuse to see the legitimacy of their posts and quickly dismiss their claims even though the evidence is overwhelming...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I agree. Everyone here could be considered "nuthuggers" in their own right, that is, unless they hate everything about their car and every shop they've ever worked with. In that case this place would be even more cynical and worthless.

The term "nuthugger" is just offensive and a weak argument/insult in any case...
I don't even think people have a definition for the word.

liking a shop is not 'nuthugging' but I see an awful lot of what I would call nuthugging. I consider it gross overuse of emocons and praising even standard actions as amazing...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
stormcrow

my shop's the best and you all know it...

craig, don't hate because my redline is sexier...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:58 PM
IzYou

I am genuinely interested if you are standing by VRT' s work, because in doing so you get special treatment or discounts or you truly just want to spread the word about a good shop? (I'm not being sarcastic and I apologize ahead of time if it sounds like it).
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 PM
SilverJDMCoupe

Wow, here are some fun' facts about this thread:

- The thread was started on 6/23/07
- This thread is 8 pages long
- Seems some new people have created accounts ehhh..in the month of 6/07
- The opposing party has YET to respond.

I don't think anyone in the world, or in the history of the internet as we know it has ever or will ever embrace the courage, strength and endurance to subscribe to this thread as hard as I'm about to..........behold.................SUBSCRIBED!!!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by IzYou
I am genuinely interested if you are standing by VRT' s work, because in doing so you get special treatment or discounts or you truly just want to spread the word about a good shop? (I'm not being sarcastic and I apologize ahead of time if it sounds like it).
this thread has too many twist, turns and conspiracys... everybody grab a beer.. and wait for Mr. A to respond... you can't read his mind anyway.. so whatever he tells you.. you will then choose based on both parties to choose which one you believe..

its also unfortunate the majority of you are already judge, jury and executioner.. so it really doesn't even matter if Mr. A makes a comment or not.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by SilverJDMCoupe
Wow, here are some fun' facts about this thread:

- The thread was started on 6/23/07
- This thread is 8 pages long
- Seems some new people have created accounts ehhh..in the month of 6/07
- The opposing party has YET to respond.

I don't think anyone in the world, or in the history of the internet as we know it has ever or will ever embrace the courage, strength and endurance to subscribe to this thread as hard as I'm about to..........behold.................SUBSCRIBED!!!!!
- The opposing party hasn't even logged in since thursday.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Cube
Definitely true. If I don't hear much about a company, but what little I hear is good, I know it's a damn good company. If I hear something ridiculously bad about the company, it could be a fluke. When I hear more bad things ontop of that? It's no fluke. Something's wrong with this place.

Now granted, I'm used to hearing the usual bad crap... so and so charged an arm and a leg, the tune is horrible, the install took way too long...

Out of all of those things that would turn someone away from a particular shop, they don't compare to fraud.

I've heard bad things about VRT even before the whole FallenRomeo issue. Since it was the only thing negative I've heard about them, I didn't really give it a second thought. The FallenRomeo ordeal is what completely pursueded me to turn anybody away from VRT I could.

I'm just glad I would never have to deal with them personally since I don't intend on moving nearby.
And I am in no way attempting make an excuse for what happened to FallenRomeo. Unlike most on this board I spoke with him in person about his ordeal and fully understand what happened. I was just commenting on Bob's statement that there are a lot of shop/company hating posts on the boards. My point is that its a matter of life in a free market economy. It cannot be avoided. Its up to the person reading those posts to decide if they are comfortable sending their car there for work. I guess my bottom line point is you almost never hear about all the good things a shop/company does and typically all you read is the bad. When you have both from a shop you have to take it all into account and decide for yourself if you trust them to do the work on YOUR car. If VRT did in fact defraud their customers as vq.turbo.tech has stated then it is very sad to hear that and the customers and potential customers need to take the appropriate steps they feel are needed. On the flip side though I think everyone needs to understand that you will typically only hear about the bad aspects of a company based on factual studies of the way consumers think and act. Rarely do you hear about the good. This isn't just for VRT but is true of ANY company in our free market economy. To sum it up everyone do your research on who you chose to work on your car. If you don't think you can trust the person you are looking at go elsewhere. There are plenty of companies out there that do a superb job and its your job as a consumer to determine who you spend your money with.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 06-25-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by abyss
- The opposing party hasn't even logged in since thursday.

Unless they logged in as someone else.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM
SilverJDMCoupe

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Unless they logged in as someone else.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Navygolf13

dude, you nuthug every vendor on this board... it doesn't matter what thread someone starts about a bad experience or poor customer service, you're right there to side with the vendor and slam the client for posting their experience... i'm only poking fun at you because you continually refuse to see the legitimacy of their posts and quickly dismiss their claims even though the evidence is overwhelming...
You are waaaay off. I do not nuthug vendors here. I stand by VRT cause they have treated me right and I have seen the product they put out and it is a good one. I think you are referring to the SGP thread. And if you go back and READ it I said that I do not like them, but you have to listen to both sides of the story. If you think that is nuthugging.....you need to learn what it means. I cant stand SGP, but it doesnt change the fact that in that thread people jumped all over them before they even responded.

Will I continue to stick up for VRT when I think there are things being said about them that are wrong? Yes, and I would expect nothing less from you and your shop. This issue will never be resolved with you guys here and that is okay, I will continue to drive my car and enjoy it and so will many other VRT customers.....
Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
vqturbotec

VDT.....
it burns when i pee!

an this has been a EngInEeReD picture

thanks RJ
Attached Thumbnails Very Ridiculous Techs-p1000480aab.jpg  

Last edited by vqturbotec; 06-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs