Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 AM
vqturbotec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Thread has remained clam so far. I'm guessing we are all waiting for the shop side of the story. Everyone please continue to keep it civil.
Thank you
Old 06-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I can't believe I even considered sending my car to that place
Sent it to Socal, just send it GTM.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:21 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Sent it to Socal, just send it GTM.
Oh trust me, if it goes anywhere, it's FP or GTM. Possibly MRC if he kissed my *** enough jk
Old 06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
RED HOT Z

Gtm Ftmfw!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:30 AM
blowdry

WOW read the whole thread. Very disappointing. From I've read the shop w/down hill when a few techs left. I've seen track videos from this shop. I only imagine it's from before the techs left.

Looks like someone may be going out of business and worse.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the track videos were mostly from the guy who became Relentless (scott or wa2good?) but I do not know.

If this is proven true, will VRT be banned from the forum (including sponsorship and what not)? < I would like this answered if anything...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:57 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I think the track videos were mostly from the guy who became Relentless (scott or wa2good?) but I do not know.

If this is proven true, will VRT be banned from the forum (including sponsorship and what not)? < I would like this answered if anything...
They're probably safe as long as they keep paying that sponsorship fee every month
Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

I have been saying for a long time that these guys are bad news, and making arguments about the incompetent nature of their practices. I am not gonna go down that road here.

Suffice it to say that many of us have been right about these guys. The funny thing is that I was going to respond to this thread with even more damaging arguments, but i truly felt sorry for the guy.

Read the last post (epsecially): https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/277071-well-jwt-tt.html

These guys 'sell' their services by showing their tracking videos, much akin to the advertising industry's use of sex and and sex symbols to sell thigns (e.g. cars). In the meantime, people pay a lot less attention to the technical soundness of their work, which is what I always tried to expose after i became convinced that Michael is just incompetent. Now he is incompetent and a crook, allegedly.

It just goes to show that on the magical place that is the my350z.com forums, you are under a microscope. It's a two-edge sword, you can get a lot of business and become famous, but shenanigans such as these will NEVER go unnoticed. When you fall, you fall hard.

Last edited by GurgenPB; 06-24-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Motormouth

+1
Excellent question. If VRT won't get on here and defend themselves, the admins should be contacting VRT and asking them some tough questions about the staged thread, etc. etc. etc.

I would like to see some accountability.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 AM
stein

Originally Posted by coachk
The thread title is an acronym for the shop name....take a look at the title again

I guess I as some others didn't know "Very Ridiculous Techs" were VRT.

Waiting for VRT to chime in...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by stein
Waiting for VRT to chime in...
Same, as much as everyone wants to beleive it, this could also be a pissed ex-employee seeking revenge. I wanna hear both sides before I put a vendor on my ignore list.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I believe it is the responsibility of us forum members to let the vendor at hand explain, and hear their 2 cents. On the other hand. i ask the owners to also chime in. This "company" has been on the shopping block since the dyno #'s they were posting, it seemed like everything went down hill from there. I would've never had gone to them for a engine build (past or present), however they "had" race drivers drive their cars, so i did inquire about suspension and car set ups. I recently had a long conversation about this with some pro driver.

I had never had issues with them except that they were going to charge me $150 buck to ship some coilovers????? Needless to say I canceled my order.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by abyss
Same, as much as everyone wants to beleive it, this could also be a pissed ex-employee seeking revenge. I wanna hear both sides before I put a vendor on my ignore list.
A pissed ex-employee doesn't explain the suspension thread.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:02 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by ht4
EXACTLY!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:32 PM
zheartroad
Banned

I think the car that he is talking about is mine. I know both parties and both sides of the story. I was fully aware that the kit that I bought was used. How used I did not know or really cared because I got it for $4500 plus the only thing that was really used were the turbos, big part of the kit I know but everything else was new. And it was only like $1000 for labor. A good deal in my eyes. Down the road I did run into some problems with the kit, not because it was used how ever. I had started to track the car heavily and as it always seams that racing finds the weakest link, my car ended up being in the shop almost every week untill I decided to have them rip out the motor and see what the problem was. The only big problem I was having at the time was exhaust leaks that would spring up every time I came back from the track. That was at the fault of a different mechanic who has given me and my car trouble in the past. Not just me either. He was or possibly still is the shop manager. This one mech since I have been doing business with them has done everything from trying to install my radiator with a hammer, to putting my parts on other peoples cars. I don't think the owner of the shop realized or knows what really happens in that shop some times because he is always out of town. Now I really don't think the owner is to blame here because if he is being lied to, how is he supposed to tell others the truth? I have had no real bad experiances at this place however met a not so good mech who in my eyes would be the down fall of this company. No negative thoughts in my head about the owner because he has done nothing but help me out, and it does at times seam like he has to clean up what his manager screws up. The op knows whats going on more than I do however and It could be some completly different that he is talking about, I just can't sit by and watch someones company go down the drain because of a few acusations and one dumb mech. I have been lurking in these fourms for a while but haven't joined untill a few weeks ago because it seams like high school again with all this drama. And the ones that seam to make matters worse are the ones that don't even live in the same state or even country where this is all taking place.I can recall a few nights when he worked on my car till the wee hours of the mourning. Now I don't know if all that other statments that the op made are true, should hope not, but as stated before you need to hear both sides before passing judgement, and this comunity on this web site is nether a judge or jury.

Good Day.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:42 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^^^

That still doesn't explain the staged/fake suspension thread or VRT's BS claims about 800whp. And ultimately, the owner is responsible for what is happening at his shop, including how they conduct themselves on this forum with BS hype and unsubstantiated horsepower claims.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-24-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Wow there are definetly some strong statements and claims by the OP and others. Its really horrible that the customers that are the life blood of a company are treated with so much disrespect. I wonder when/if we will hear a response from the other side?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by ht4
I wasn't talking about that. Thats a whole nother topic...and yes quite bullshit. There are better ways to market something.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:36 PM
rythex

I think VRT is going to give up on this forum, my350Z isn't exactly good publicity for them heheh

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs