Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

What's the record for whp on a VQ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1800whp is highest I've seen.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
I've been calling BS on the VRT 800+whp dynos for a awhile now too, (never confirm too...) It's funny that you mention this - I was on the phone last week with Jim for over an hour and I just had to ask him about the claim VRT dynos and he told me no way 800whp.

Let see some dynojet #'s with 800whp, my offer to pay for the dyno run still stands and let's stop the BS about dyno's breaking, smoking up the tires on the dyno, etc... just get it done already.
you are going to have to call VRT.. i don't think they are going to be back here for a while
Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Old 07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
Let see some dynojet #'s with 800whp, my offer to pay for the dyno run still stands and let's stop the BS about dyno's breaking, smoking up the tires on the dyno, etc... just get it done already.
I hear you. Just made 749.?? WHP a couple hours ago, in 95 degree wheather on JWT's dynapac @ only 20 psi (without even trying) we are just trying to tune it a little better for this weekends Time Attack (it is going to be 109 deg. there). Thats why SinCity is asking....

Wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I got a wild hair . This is a VQ35 (non-stroked) with S2 cams (still), with the GT30's and the JWT clutch and flywheel (still returnless, for now). Jusy waiting for the new cams to be made and the tripple carbon clutch to come in before we turn the boost up..... then "for all the sceptics" we will run it (untouched) on a couple different shops dynos for a reference for you all.
Gotta go........... Off to Willow Springs............... Those of you that are going, we will see you there.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 07-06-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Nismo 350z

Only Sam at GTM has eclipsed the 800whp mark for a stroker. Sharif is the one who did it with the stock displacemnet. Im sure VTR and a couple other drag cars have gotten more but Sam and Sharif are the ones with off the shelf parts. VRT..really dont believe any of their bullsh!t.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
TruBluZ

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We know someone else that should break the 1000WHP mark this summer
May know one or two as well...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:33 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the race to 1000 is on.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/167801-700-club-sgp-says-here-ya-go.html
Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The question is, who will be the first to hit 800whp (DynoJet independently tested) with the 3.5 VQ. If we get close, we're swinging it right over to the DynoJet, becuase it wouldnt be fair to claim a new record without getting a 3rd part DYNOJET comparison.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
zzerotwosixty

Originally Posted by Cannysage
1800whp is highest I've seen.
Don't see why not, if GM Performance can get 1500 whp out of an Ecotec 4 banger. Isn't N2O an off the shelf part.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I hear you. Just made 749.?? WHP a couple hours ago, in 95 degree wheather on JWT's dynapac @ only 20 psi (without even trying)
Please explain your statment, does that mean you are making this up .

I don't think you have lerned anything from you ex employer. get a dyno jet numbers and then comback to me .otherwise it is vrt all over again .

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 07-06-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Please explain your statment, does that mean you are making this up .

I don't think you have lerned anything from you ex employer. get a dyno jet numbers and then comback to me .otherwise it is vrt all over again .

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS
+1!

Amen Sam!

I love how he responded to Philthy without actually addressing Philthy's very valid point (and generous offer). I'm tired of hearing exaggerated VRT/Relentless performance claims without the dynojet sheets to back them up. WA2GOOD was posting 800+whp claims months ago (when he still worked for VRT) over on G35driver too. Yet still no dynojet #s.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-06-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
+1!

Amen Sam!

I love how he responded to Philthy without actually addressing Philthy's very valid point (and generous offer). I'm tired of hearing exagerated VRT/Relentless performance claims without the dynojet sheets to back them up.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, DO NOT lump Relentless Autosports (my company) in with VRT, ever! thank you.
Second, these are not BS dymo numbers. Call Jim Wolf and ask him if my statement is correct. These are dynapac numbers, so expect a 6-8 percent descrepency from these to a dynojet, etc. Not my intention at all to brag about these numbers untill we get the rest of it complete. (parts and tune straightened out).

Lets not get us, R.A. confused with VRT and please leave us out of any beefs you might have with that company.

Sam, I have always respected you and your work over at your shop, and have always said that when anybody has asked. do not start to change that, please.
Are you calling Jim a liar. You of all people should know that Jim and Clark at JWT are stand up guys and could give a crap about big dyno numbers themselves. I have always been honest and upfront with everyone here in this comunity to the best of my ability and knowledge, and I am telling you we made these (749 whp) numbers, on this dyno in these conditions not more than 4-5 hours ago. Call JWT and ask them on monday. I am not too happy with these numbers yet, nor the tune, at all. There is still some work to do.

And Sam.....I have NO problem taking the car down there for you yourself to make a baseline pull on it, on your dyno . In fact I was planning on talking to you about it.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 07-06-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The question is, who will be the first to hit 800whp (DynoJet independently tested) with the 3.5 VQ. If we get close, we're swinging it right over to the DynoJet, becuase it wouldnt be fair to claim a new record without getting a 3rd part DYNOJET comparison.

+1 Sharif. My plans exactly.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

If nobody believes me, does anyone care to make a wager on if we can hit the 800+ WHP mark on a Dynojet with this 3.5 car here pretty soon?? I could sure use the money to fund some of our upcomming projects.

Any takers, please, please PM me
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

WA2Good. I think what we are saying, is that a lot of very reputable shops, that have been here since the beginning of the 350Z, have been trying to find new ways to make power. When VRT and yourself (when you were with VRT) came on to these boards with dynos showing power that is physically and scientifically not possible with the turbos installed, it rubbed a lot of us the wrong way. I speak to Jim every week or so about various things, and we have talked about the airflow capabilities sof the orignal JWT kit, the 700bb and the new GT28/30 setup, so when we saw 600+whp from a turbocharger setup that would be lucky to get to 550whp, we all started throwing red flags.

We are all trying to push the VQ to greater and greater levels, and it is oftentimes 2 steps forward, and then 1 step back. Nothing is easy, or achieved "without even trying".

So my advise for what it's worth: The next dyno chart you ever post, should be from a DynoJet, to put the rumors/doubts to rest. If you guys break 800whp on the DynoJet from a 3.5L, I will congratulate you for your accomplishment. Just hurry up...becuase others are trying too!!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:20 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

WA2Good. I think what we are saying, is that a lot of very reputable shops, that have been here since the beginning of the 350Z, have been trying to find new ways to make power. When VRT and yourself (when you were with VRT) came on to these boards with dynos showing power that is physically and scientifically not possible with the turbos installed, it rubbed a lot of us the wrong way. I speak to Jim every week or so about various things, and we have talked about the airflow capabilities sof the orignal JWT kit, the 700bb and the new GT28/30 setup, so when we saw 600+whp from a turbocharger setup that would be lucky to get to 550whp, we all started throwing red flags.

We are all trying to push the VQ to greater and greater levels, and it is oftentimes 2 steps forward, and then 1 step back. Nothing is easy, or achieved "without even trying".

So my advise for what it's worth: The next dyno chart you ever post, should be from a DynoJet, to put the rumors/doubts to rest. If you guys break 800whp on the DynoJet from a 3.5L, I will congratulate you for your accomplishment. Just hurry up...becuase others are trying too!!
Good advise, I do apreciate it. Most of the dyno time we use is over at JWT, it is not my fault they have a dynapac . Can't wait to get back here with that car and get on the dynojet over at the dynoshop, then maybe over at GTM (if Sam will be up for it) Just wish those custom JWT cams were ready, that (besides the clutch is the weak link), then the FMIC, then the MAFS, then the Split Second box. Then so on and so on. I agree, it is always 1-2 atep forward and and 1 step back.

we will see it come soon, (just not soon enough)
Old 07-06-2007, 07:20 PM
vqturbotec

Here we go.Okay Ive seen theses gt30s first hand doing pulls.What i can say is that they can make 800+ on a 3.5l motor.If a certain some one could tune for half a **** it could have been done already.With regards to scott and his company they are nothing close to what VRT is.I dont think its fair to judge him for some dip****s wrong doings.

Anyways mike im glad your doing jim right with these turbos maybe he can finally get some feed back.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...When VRT and yourself (when you were with VRT) came on to these boards with dynos showing power that is physically and scientifically not possible with the turbos installed, it rubbed a lot of us the wrong way. I speak to Jim every week or so about various things, and we have talked about the airflow capabilities sof the orignal JWT kit, the 700bb and the new GT28/30 setup, so when we saw 600+whp from a turbocharger setup that would be lucky to get to 550whp, we all started throwing red flags.

...So my advise for what it's worth: The next dyno chart you ever post, should be from a DynoJet, to put the rumors/doubts to rest. If you guys break 800whp on the DynoJet from a 3.5L, I will congratulate you for your accomplishment. Just hurry up...becuase others are trying too!!
+1 again!

Thanks Sharif! I took the liberty of highlighting the points that are the perfect rebuttal to WA2GOOD's response to my prior post.

WA2GOOD, I can understand why you want to distance yourself from any comparisons with VRT, especially with everything going on now. However, being that you are a former VRT employee, and that your first post on this page seems so similiar/familiar to a lot of the prior posts from the VRT group (including yourself when you worked there), I thought my statement was a fair one. From where I sit, I see a different company name under your username, but the same pattern of behavior that many of us have become familiar with and suspicious of when you worked for VRT. I'm sorry if that offends you, but that is my perspective.

I would never have called BS and chimed in with Sam if you had posted a dynojet sheet or a video of your car on a dynojet. I can understand your enthusiasm and pride in your work, however if history has taught you anything, you should contain that enthusiasm until you have obtained the dynojet #s and the proof that a lot of folks have been asking for on these forums for a long time now.

Quick Reply: What's the record for whp on a VQ?