Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

What's the record for whp on a VQ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 AM
usingthejohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bullseye, point taken. In retrospect, I shouldn't have posted without a dynosheet.

Can someone explain the difference in why a dynojet number reads lower than a dynapack?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DynoPak measures power at the hub, vs. at the wheel, so they tend to read higher than the DynoJet. Every dyno manufacturer uses different formulae for measuring power, so its not uncommon for the various dynos to read higher or lower than one another. Take a look at the sticky on Dyno's and it will give you some background on this topic.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
usingthejohn

^
Thanks, Sharif. I'll take a look at that
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Take a look at the sticky on Dyno's and it will give you some background on this topic.

werd
Old 07-08-2007, 08:54 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Wow, this thread realy took off.....

Well, we just got back from a VERY grulling 2 days of track time in 110 degree wheather in the Mojave desert (Willow Springs). Had some ups and downs, low points and sorta high points, but at least we did what we set out to do, and everything/everyone got home in one piece.

The car ran pretty good and steady at 19psi and did pretty well dealing with the heat out there. Although we tore up some expensive stuff, we got some suspension stuff figured out and learned a bit more this time about the car (overall) than we did last weekend.

The car is with SinCity now in Vegas (at its second home ) and will be back here (in San Diego) after it gets some rest and a few cosmetic things done to it. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for some new parts we are waiting for to come in and the cams to be made. Once we get the parts here we will get the car back and get to installing, then the tuning on it. I am sure there will be a few hurdles (there always is) but we should be able to make some very respectable "dynojet" numbers for you guys soon. But, remember......The big numbers is not the goal of this car, so lets keep that in mind. It is a roadcourse Time Attack/Time Trial car, so power isn't everything and the power we do make has to be usable, otherwise it is a henderance.

I apreciate the interest, and no, this thread was not a set-up, and in hindsight I did probably jump the gun a little bit on my first post here. Sorry for that. Just kinda shocked at the outcome so far on this car in its stages, and am a bit excited to see so much hard work/money to finally pay off.

As for beeing too dedicated/busy with customers cars to even work on your own cars..... Hahaha. I know the feeling and might have everyone beat in that department............. My Z has set (motorless) since November 06 untill a few weeks ago, and my G has been sitting (motorless too) since December of last year too, and still is. Hopefully I have some time between customers to get the motor done and in my G. Not too sure if we will go with the upcomming SC we are working on, or a all COMPLETELY new TT kit that needs to be R&D'ed on the G though. Sory to ramble, just got alot going on.
Back on topic.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 07-09-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
FrickU

Very Very hot days. And I am sure you guys love that hotel. Car ran great otherwise. Great driving Wa2good and SinCity350z.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:36 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I live in Bullhead City AZ and know how hot it got this weekend...120º+
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
overZealous1

i am sure this was not a staged thread. anyone on these forums might post up a thread after getting very high dyno numbers (even on a dynapack) and inquire about who has the highest to have an idea of what to shoot for. scott came in to explain abit more about the car (being the builder and tester/driver). pretty simple and most other shops do the same thing.
i know both of them and they are both great guys that should not be lumped in with the past issues at vrt.

congrats guys on the car. it has come along way with more to happen it sounds like!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Wow, this thread did get a little crazy lol.

This was definately not a staged thread. I told somebody what the car made, they asked what the record was, I said I don't know, then I started the thread. I didn't want to say anything and WA2GOOD didn't even know I made this thread. He found it on his own and spilled the beans lol. I could care less what the car dynos, who dynoed it, and who believes it. It will get DynoJet numbers only because I care about RA's reputation. I personally hate all of this forum BS because it doesn't matter to me. The forums used to be a good source of information but now its all a bunch of BS flags and people *****ing at each other.

My car is built for the track. Dyno numbers don't lower your lap times so why would I lie about it? I have no reason to make stuff like this up, nor do I have a reason to help WA2GOOD make something like this up. There is no money, no trophy, and no reward for the first person to break 800whp on a 3.5L. In fact, I hope we don't do it so we don't have to be the ones to go through all of the BS thats going to come to whoever does it first.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 PM
usingthejohn

SinCity, saw the car at Willow Springs, but didn't get a chance to see her run the track. However, I know that you guys made the Super Street TA finals in November, so congratulations! Hopefully my car should be done by that time, LOL.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

^^^Thanks John! It was nice meeting you.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by paranormal
id be happy with 600+rwhp OR your guys nuts!
Jimmy, WTF??
Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Seriously, anyone to post up a Dynapack number CLAIMING 700HP or better, is actually making 550whp here back on earth...Jim Wolfs Dyno is on crack and is set up to simply sell their products with bogus HP claims..Period..
And ANYTHING to come out of VRT or anyone remotely linked to VRT, is to be takes for what it is, pure BULL$HIT..
Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

^^^^Yes, 110% true. Jim only wants to sell kits and make millions. Thats why you can get his turbo kits almost anywhere. MRC has spoken..../THREAD.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Here's the deal, I am going to close this thread before we start getting blamed for what VRT has done. If anybody has an issue with that, PM me. Until then, this topic is dead until we have the supporting mods, a new tune, and a DynoJet sheet that reads well over 750whp.