Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

What's the record for whp on a VQ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id be happy with 600+rwhp you guys are nuts!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
First of all, DO NOT lump Relentless Autosports (my company) in with VRT, ever! thank you.
Second, these are not BS dymo numbers. Call Jim Wolf and ask him if my statement is correct. These are dynapac numbers, so expect a 6-8 percent descrepency from these to a dynojet, etc. Not my intention at all to brag about these numbers untill we get the rest of it complete. (parts and tune straightened out).

Lets not get us, R.A. confused with VRT and please leave us out of any beefs you might have with that company.

Sam, I have always respected you and your work over at your shop, and have always said that when anybody has asked. do not start to change that, please.
Are you calling Jim a liar. You of all people should know that Jim and Clark at JWT are stand up guys and could give a crap about big dyno numbers themselves. I have always been honest and upfront with everyone here in this comunity to the best of my ability and knowledge, and I am telling you we made these (749 whp) numbers, on this dyno in these conditions not more than 4-5 hours ago. Call JWT and ask them on monday. I am not too happy with these numbers yet, nor the tune, at all. There is still some work to do.

And Sam.....I have NO problem taking the car down there for you yourself to make a baseline pull on it, on your dyno . In fact I was planning on talking to you about it.
Scott,no disrespect to anyone I can care less ,if you have made 745 horse power or you are going to make 800 horse power ,and further more I can care less if Jim was involve in it or not ,this is not the point ,it is all about accountability here nothing more or less .this is the same tactics that VRT was using, you are walking on thin ice, and maybe you don't know it (I hope )

Further more we know what it takes to make that kind numbers ,what ever you calming is possible, it can be done. you just have to back it up and you will have to do better job than that .

So when can we dyno your 800 rwhp car (dyno on me).

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 07-06-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:14 PM
vqturbotec

Every one is looking but nobodys talking whats the point?

Scott did you guys get the car tracked tuned?

Last edited by vqturbotec; 07-06-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Gman2004

Looks like another staged thread to me.

Sincity makes threads asking what is the highest hp achieved with a vq and then wa2good "lets the cat out of the bag" with his numbers and states there is more to come

Last edited by Gman2004; 07-07-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:05 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't make this into a pissing contest. The question is the highest hp VQ. If you have a dynojet dyno showing >855 then post it up. This isn't what I can/will/should/would/could do here in the future. Dreamworks said they were gonna release SC in the near future. We all know how that worked out. If you don't have a graph then enjoy the thread and move along.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Not my intention at all to brag about these numbers untill we get the rest of it complete. (parts and tune straightened out).
Why even bother tuning if the car isn't complete and needs more parts?

I just called Miss Cleo to ask her about this car. Once it is complete (parts and tune) she predicts the car will not get traction on the dyno and is going to actually break the dyno cause it makes so much hp.

Last edited by Gman2004; 07-07-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:23 AM
ronie

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Why even bother tuning if the car isn't complete and needs more parts?

I just called Miss Cleo to ask her about this car. Once it is complete (part and tune) she predicts the car will not get traction on the dyno and is going to actually break the dyno cause it makes so much hp.
ha!
Old 07-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just called Miss Cleo to ask her about this car. Once it is complete (parts and tune) she predicts the car will not get traction on the dyno and is going to actually break the dyno cause it makes so much hp.

Miss Cleo... too funny...
Old 07-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mjedens car also hit some very high #'s last year as I recall
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Sincity makes threads asking what is the highest hp achieved with a vq and then wa2good "lets the cat out of the bag" with his numbers and states there is more to come

Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Gamn. i think at this point its quit clear that Scott keep VRT alive from all the problems that have come to light recently... Sincity left vrt as soon as scott moved for obvious reasons.
So i do think its a disgraces to call them vrt since they are not... =]
Scott has admitted that jwt dyno is a dynapack... it reads high anyways... and he will dyno-jet his cars... I trust sincity and have NO DOUBT that the car made that much power on THAT dyno. Its not their fault at all that the dyno reads high... I think its clear to ALL now that those dynapack numbers are high maybe higher than others but its what the dyno says but and they are not lying because its what that dyno says and they have admitted that.
They are no screwing people over with fake dynos or anything like that like vrt has.

They already said they are going to GTMs dynojet =] so for now lets just leave them alone... they are clearly stating this numbers are preliminary and have admitted its on a dynapack that reads high at this point and Will verify on a dyno jet later... they are at least trying to be fair unlike VRT
Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the point I was trying to make to WA2GOOD. He doesn't like the comparison, but what happened in this thread looked all too familiar with the pattern of posting behavior some of us have come to expect from VRT.

As far as IIQuickSilverII's comments about the dynapak numbers being valid albeit higher than other dynos... Scott and anyone else for that matter should know that those dynapak numbers, whether valid or not, have been a bone of contention for many on these forums for a long time. And there have been requests & demands for dynojet numbers for a long time.

I can understand and appreciate that Scott may not have had control over what was going on over at VRT when he was working there and that Mr. A was probably calling the shots. But Scott has his own company now and is in control of his own destiny. So why risk the flaming and controversy all over again and "let the cat out of the bag" before having his work dynoed on a dynojet??? Like I said before, I think it's great that he has pride and enthusiasm in his work, but he needs to learn to contain that enthusiasm and not release info prematurely so that he doesn't risk his company's image/status/reputation in our community. As a business owner who has had first hand past experience with the dynapak controversies at VRT, he should have known better. Just my .

That being said... kudos to Scott for stating his plans to get an independant dyno on a dynojet and for taking Sam up on his offer. It's a start in the right direction. I look forward to the results! And for the record, I will get on here and congratulate Scott if/when he breaks into the elite 800whp club on a dynojet.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-07-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I look forward to the results! And for the record, I will get on here and congratulate Scott if/when he breaks into the elite 800whp club on a dynojet.
+1.

Gman (waits for dyno jet numbers)
Old 07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gman (waits for dyno jet numbers)
Indeed. Name:  coffee.gif
Views: 270
Size:  4.7 KB
Old 07-07-2007, 08:01 PM
usingthejohn

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, nor play devil's advocate. But what I will say is that I saw Jim Wolf and Scott/Relentless in the midst of dyno-tuning SinCity's Z (this was last friday, 6/29/07). Unfortunately, I can't say that I saw the final numbers, as I left in the middle of their dyno tunes. But if he says they got 749whp, i'll believe that. To me, they've been very honest in their answers and questions, so i have no reason to believe otherwise.

I mean no disrespect to anyone else on this thread, so sorry if i offended in any way.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by usingthejohn
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, nor play devil's advocate. But what I will say is that I saw Jim Wolf and Scott/Relentless in the midst of dyno-tuning SinCity's Z (this was last friday, 6/29/07). Unfortunately, I can't say that I saw the final numbers, as I left in the middle of their dyno tunes. But if he says they got 749whp, i'll believe that. To me, they've been very honest in their answers and questions, so i have no reason to believe otherwise.

I mean no disrespect to anyone else on this thread, so sorry if i offended in any way.
no one is saying they are lying... they are just saying that the numbers they got off this car is the same happy numbers dyno VRT brought all their claims... so basically any numbers they come up with are the same senario again.. and to kill all the speculation everyone would prefer they dyno on dynojet..

besides.. all the Relentless guys already said in the VRT thread that all the VRT numbers were true and accurate.. so basically as far as numbers go on a dyno .. Relentless = VRT and only a Dynojet can prove otherwise
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we are going to finally get some big numbers out of my car soon, its hard running a shop and finding time to work on your own car. we want DJ 800 on an unsleeved block or blow something out the side of it, which ever comes first
Old 07-08-2007, 06:37 AM
bullseye

Originally Posted by usingthejohn

I mean no disrespect either, UTJ, but if you didn't see the final numbers, why even post in this thread? This matter is certainly not beyond proving, so we do not have to rely on faith/trust/honor. A simple DJ sheet will suffice.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by doug
no one is saying they are lying...

well vrt did lie, they inlfated the numbers of cars cause it wasnt the dyno #s of THOSE cars lol.... so they ddid lie

i agree vrt =relentless in teh sense they use the same dyno

which makes no difference with a dynojet or a dynodynamics for tunning purpuses... but not to report POWA!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:11 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
we are going to finally get some big numbers out of my car soon, its hard running a shop and finding time to work on your own car. we want DJ 800 on an unsleeved block or blow something out the side of it, which ever comes first

welll its a good sign maing... every other vendor here thats has had some has been sayign that for a while =] and a lot of times you dont think its that hard until you have to manage the shop... but i mean congrants for keeping customers first!!

Quick Reply: What's the record for whp on a VQ?