Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Injected Performance bringing in the first four digit dyno number: 1016rwhp DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 AM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

almost 4 h.p. per cubic inch .....outstanding!!!!what is the glide set up?ultra-case? what did you choose for final drive ratio?a glide going down the track is an awesome emotion,with only one shift it lets you focus on driving and creates consistency.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:40 AM
BigBodySmith
Banned

Very Nice, Congrats!!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:52 AM
centxdsm

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
????

Well, it doess affect it. If you did take it to 10,000 rpm, it would be a very good turbo. But not at 6000 rpm. At these rpm levels, you are loosing too much efficiency. I can prove this beyond an iota of a doubt, just don't want to take it off topic much more. PM me if you are interested.

I don't get what your talking about here. Exactly what part of the turbo might be too big? Certainly your not suggesting the hotside, as It would just be really lazy and make peak power closer to redline. If he were to take this car to higher revs, it would continue to lose power. The graph is not going to change shape.
I have a feeling some of this may be due to the converter, as eluded to ealier. If it flashing close to where it would be maing peak power, then it would have a pretty abrupt drop in the big end as well.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:42 AM
turismo

Sweet
Old 07-21-2007, 06:44 AM
fast kiwi

I could take em....
Old 07-21-2007, 06:45 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCam
good eye for details..........

I was thinking that the curve is actually the torque curve, as measured, but the top of the left column does say "HP." the graph looks like it goes up to 9xx, but the read out on top says 10xx?
I was thinking that that's the torque curve also! I remember Sharif mentioning that with the new DD software, it shows torque curve first and then HP, but not both together... maybe that's the cause of the confusion.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Man, I wish somebody would sell a giant single turbo kit like this one. IP has officially made a ST setup sexy on the Z.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:39 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The '07 is still faster.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:44 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
very nice!! now take it to the track... i see in the notes, it says 350z drag car

what kinda difference do you think the powerglide tranny makes compared to a stock 6mt. i will know in about a month with my own turbo400 and a big single for comparision..

also, not doubting anything but the actual graph only goes up to like high 9xx, then the max says 10xx, is there a different graph that pulls up higher and you might have grabbed one that is letting off at mid throttle?? just wondering, either way, who cares, that car is going to haul a$$!!!
The darker grid line above the HP curve is 1080, the line below is 960. There are 5 break points between 960 and 1080. Some quick math. 1080 - 960 = 120. Take 120 / 5 = 24. The line leads up to ~ 2.5 of the smaller grid lines. 24 * 2.5 = 60 So 960 + 60 = 1020. Whooo

Good job by Injected!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

An RSX with I/H/E and kpro can take it out...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cubu
there sure are a lot of haters, i wonder which loser made a new account just to post that hater message, what a fcking loser
Well I am not gonna stoop down to your level at this point...

[quote-centxdsm]I don't get what your talking about here. Exactly what part of the turbo might be too big? Certainly your not suggesting the hotside, as It would just be really lazy and make peak power closer to redline. If he were to take this car to higher revs, it would continue to lose power. The graph is not going to change shape.
I have a feeling some of this may be due to the converter, as eluded to ealier. If it flashing close to where it would be maing peak power, then it would have a pretty abrupt drop in the big end as well.[/quote]

I really didn't want to make this thread about this at all. Very few people actually do the research to correctly size the turbo... Just because it's been done in the Supra world, doesn't make it OK to just replicate. The reason I was asking questions is to hopefully see one well-researched turbo setup.

One needs to pick both the compressor and the turbine correctly...that's what I was trying to ask initially. Just because you are making great power, doesn't meant you are getting the most out of your setup. Again, in this case, IP has a drag car with an auto, in which case one doesn't care about a wide RPM band performance. Again, that is incredible power, and congrats to IP, I truly mean it.

All I am saying is that in order to maximize turbine shaft speed acceleration performance (i.e. lag) and compressor efficiency, you need to strongly consider tubine sizing and compressor flow maps, respectively.

Here is the one for this car, with the indicated variables used to contruct the flow curves.
Engine Displacement: 4200 cc
Elevation: 978' (for Lexington, KY)
Vol Efficiency: between 78-93% depending on RPM (higher than stock)
Temp: 80F
Zero pressure drop in the system (to get the best case scenario)

As you can see, you would need to spin this engine to about 10-11,000 rpm to put the flow in the compressor's ideal efficiency range, or of course have even higher displacement.

You want the highest efficiency (inner) island to be at hte rpm lines where you desire to make the most power. In most cases, it's the top 2000 or so rpm range right below redline.

Again, like I said before, 1000whp is incredble power, but I believe that there was even more to be had. This is all I was talking about. Congrats once again.

Last edited by GurgenPB; 07-21-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:04 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
The darker grid line above the HP curve is 1080, the line below is 960. There are 5 break points between 960 and 1080. Some quick math. 1080 - 960 = 120. Take 120 / 5 = 24. The line leads up to ~ 2.5 of the smaller grid lines. 24 * 2.5 = 60 So 960 + 60 = 1020. Whooo

Good job by Injected!
ahhh, the 1080 looked like 1000; so that is the HP curve...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
cubu

did i specifically call you out? i guess you're the loser that made the new account to post that hater message
Old 07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Mahdivr4

gj guys!!

Keep up the good work...

Mahdi
Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cubu
did i specifically call you out? i guess you're the loser that made the new account to post that hater message
cubu, my bad...your post was like one reply after mine, so I assumed you are talkign to me as I raised the compressor sizing comment.

Of course, that's NOT me creating a different user name and posting hater remarks. I am sure you can ask any moderator, and they will confirm this with their IP logs or whatever.

Again, my bad!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

not to take anything away from IP because this is trully impressive BUT the difference between this and GTM's High HP car is that you can purchase and put everything on your car that GTM has on there car. the IP car all u can get as of now and in the future is the stroker kit and the EM which isnt out yet. if this kit was available on the market i would be even more impressed because that mean US little guys could do it too. to build a car like this would take alot of custom work.

both cars and shops deserve there credit and this is great for the fans but as i see it this is just a wow cool nice job but the GTM car makes you go wow cool i need to get those parts. it would be nice if a kit like this was out but its not.

oh well..

and please dont take it that im trying to start crap cause im not
Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 PM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by paranormal
not to take anything away from IP because this is trully impressive BUT the difference between this and GTM's High HP car is that you can purchase and put everything on your car that GTM has on there car. the IP car all u can get as of now and in the future is the stroker kit and the EM which isnt out yet. if this kit was available on the market i would be even more impressed because that mean US little guys could do it too. to build a car like this would take alot of custom work.

both cars and shops deserve there credit and this is great for the fans but as i see it this is just a wow cool nice job but the GTM car makes you go wow cool i need to get those parts. it would be nice if a kit like this was out but its not.

oh well..

and please dont take it that im trying to start crap cause im not
EVERY 1000+ whp car I've ever heard of was a custom build... And GTM's car is using parts we CANNOT buy as of today. So please explain to me how this post wasn't meant to start up ****. If you like GTM that's great, but please don't come into thread looking to talk down one shop's accomplishments while touting another's. It's in bad form. What's good is that IP took the time to discuss the build and share with the community a recipe for hitting 1000+ whp. Whether or not you agree with their methods doesn't matter.

Before this goes the other way - for the record I'm not an IP customer. I'm not associated with them nor have I ever purchased anything from them. I simply respect the fact that they took a road less travelled to get to a mark that the entire community has had their eyes on for quite some time.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 PM
centxdsm

I really didn't want to make this thread about this at all. Very few people actually do the research to correctly size the turbo... Just because it's been done in the Supra world, doesn't make it OK to just replicate. The reason I was asking questions is to hopefully see one well-researched turbo setup.

One needs to pick both the compressor and the turbine correctly...that's what I was trying to ask initially. Just because you are making great power, doesn't meant you are getting the most out of your setup. Again, in this case, IP has a drag car with an auto, in which case one doesn't care about a wide RPM band performance. Again, that is incredible power, and congrats to IP, I truly mean it.

All I am saying is that in order to maximize turbine shaft speed acceleration performance (i.e. lag) and compressor efficiency, you need to strongly consider tubine sizing and compressor flow maps, respectively.

Here is the one for this car, with the indicated variables used to contruct the flow curves.
Engine Displacement: 4200 cc
Elevation: 978' (for Lexington, KY)
Vol Efficiency: between 78-93% depending on RPM (higher than stock)
Temp: 80F
Zero pressure drop in the system (to get the best case scenario)

As you can see, you would need to spin this engine to about 10-11,000 rpm to put the flow in the compressor's ideal efficiency range, or of course have even higher displacement.

You want the highest efficiency (inner) island to be at hte rpm lines where you desire to make the most power. In most cases, it's the top 2000 or so rpm range right below redline.

Again, like I said before, 1000whp is incredble power, but I believe that there was even more to be had. This is all I was talking about. Congrats once again.
I understand that there is a lot left in terms of compressor flow, but that certainly isn't the reason for such a drastic drop in power production. We're probably talking about 8% from the compressor wheel's peak efficiency. Definately not a big deal at all. I don't think any of the available hotsides would casue such a drastic drop from peak to top end power. I suspect a converter issue, especially if your airflow plots are correct. as 1000whp takes 100ish lb/min worth of flow.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

Originally Posted by TENGAI
EVERY 1000+ whp car I've ever heard of was a custom build... And GTM's car is using parts we CANNOT buy as of today. So please explain to me how this post wasn't meant to start up ****. If you like GTM that's great, but please don't come into thread looking to talk down one shop's accomplishments while touting another's. It's in bad form. What's good is that IP took the time to discuss the build and share with the community a recipe for hitting 1000+ whp. Whether or not you agree with their methods doesn't matter.

Before this goes the other way - for the record I'm not an IP customer. I'm not associated with them nor have I ever purchased anything from them. I simply respect the fact that they took a road less travelled to get to a mark that the entire community has had their eyes on for quite some time.

sorry i was under the assumption that you could purchase all parts on the GTM car. my missunderstanding. please tell me what parts you cannot buy.

btw im not trying to say either shop is better or whatever i was just stating an opinion on the parts used and that "I" key word "I" am more impressed by High HP cars on KITS and PARTS that are available to others. thats all.

sorry if i came across rude. but not all of us can build a huge custom turbo setup and transmission. and i think i have purchased parts from IP before so there!

back on topic now
Old 07-21-2007, 01:21 PM
rhythmnsmoke

This is sick, efficiency or not...1000+whp is insane.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance bringing in the first four digit dyno number: 1016rwhp DD