Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 PM
350Z_LEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old School
WTG Jon....get your butt back to SGP and have them tune it. I bet Mark can squeeze another 50-75whp out of her. Any plans for the 18psi pulley?
Mark couldn't squeeze **** out the first time he tuned it.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
ktown z

I take mine back to mark on the Aug 27th to get my final tune after the break in so I hope he can squeeze $hit out of it.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I re-dynoed it yesterday.. The belts held up fine.. I only gained 2whp.. The thing is the tune up top was pretty bad.. Too rich.. Im not sure if Sharif really got to tune it up top.. I remember we were having belt issues at the shop, bad thing is sharif is too far now.. I was really hoping for 450whp.. oh well..
Attached Thumbnails Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi-cimg1422.jpg   Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi-cimg1425.jpg  

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-04-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:57 AM
booger

Yes ..its pretty choppy from 5800rpm to redline . Sure looks like there is more there to be had
Old 08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm yeah I'd think the tq shouldn't start dropping like that if the boost is continuing to rise towards redline
still a decent amount of tq though
Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
THE TECH

At least you're over 400. Nothing to be unhappy about. Maybe some more tuning and you can get where you wanna be.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Yea, thanks fellas..... 418whp isnt too shabby.. 376 torque was pretty nice too..
Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
ktown z

Can sunshine auto tune your ems? I have heard around town they do a good job on domestics and some imports. It doesn't hurt to try some top rpm tuning (just A/F). Still great numbers!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by ktown z
Can sunshine auto tune your ems? I have heard around town they do a good job on domestics and some imports. It doesn't hurt to try some top rpm tuning (just A/F). Still great numbers!!!
Im not sure if they try to tune it that they will have to start all over again from scratch on the tune.. Sharif may have a lock on his tune or something.. Id have to ask.. Plus im not too keen on letting him try out tuning on the utec because i know he has never used it before.. Dunno.. Kinda Iffy..
Old 08-05-2007, 07:19 AM
stormcrow

PM replied, bro...

and honestly, the more i look at that dyno chart (i can't see the A/F, so i'm not sure 100% sure about this) the more i think you've got some boost or belt slippage issues... notice how the TQ curve bounces like the HP curve and nearly identically... the TQ curve on a SC should not look like the TQ curve of a turbocharger and yours does... the TQ should be more linear and follow the HP curve... i don't think that's tuning or a rich condition...i'm thinking boost / blower efficiency / belt problem...
Old 08-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
PM replied, bro...

and honestly, the more i look at that dyno chart (i can't see the A/F, so i'm not sure 100% sure about this) the more i think you've got some boost or belt slippage issues... notice how the TQ curve bounces like the HP curve and nearly identically... the TQ curve on a SC should not look like the TQ curve of a turbocharger and yours does... the TQ should be more linear and follow the HP curve... i don't think that's tuning or a rich condition...i'm thinking boost / blower efficiency / belt problem...
Yea.. I think the same.. because for all the boost my Defi reads (14-15psi) im sure getting some weaksauce numbers..
Old 08-05-2007, 07:28 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Yea.. I think the same.. because for all the boost my Defi reads (14-15psi) im sure getting some weaksauce numbers..
does your Defi read high like mine? when i boost 14lbs, my Defi shows nearly 16...

SHARIF...any input? do you think my theory correct?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:07 AM
booger

I have had my car on the dyno when I had boost leaks [ one time ] and major belt slipage from 13psi and 6000rpm to redline the second time . Both times whp & trq. didnt jump up and down like that . It just leveled off . Being a AT5 may have something to do with it for me [ dont know ]

But for a boost leak to make the dyno go up and down like that . It would have to drop a big chunk of boost and then get it back to make the WHP go back up and down like that .

My guess is that you are jumping back and forth between a area in the timing and fuel maps that have and have not been tuned .
Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by booger
I have had my car on the dyno when I had boost leaks [ one time ] and major belt slipage from 13psi and 6000rpm to redline the second time . Both times whp & trq. didnt jump up and down like that . It just leveled off . Being a AT5 may have something to do with it for me [ dont know ]

But for a boost leak to make the dyno go up and down like that . It would have to drop a big chunk of boost and then get it back to make the WHP go back up and down like that .

My guess is that you are jumping back and forth between a area in the timing and fuel maps that have and have not been tuned .
Thanks! That makes sense.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Do you have a boost chart? Remember, on our dyno, the boost never got past about 10psi or so, due to the belts, so that area was not tuned very well...just a guess. But the look of your dyno chart looks simliar to ours, when we had the belt issues.

Remember, we could never get steadily increasing boost past 5800rpm on our dyno, and as a result, the chart was very jumpy.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Do you have a boost chart? Remember, on our dyno, the boost never got past about 10psi or so, due to the belts, so that area was not tuned very well...just a guess. But the look of your dyno chart looks simliar to ours, when we had the belt issues.

Remember, we could never get steadily increasing boost past 5800rpm on our dyno, and as a result, the chart was very jumpy.
I guess ill call that shop tomorrow and ask if they have boost charts and a/f charts from that dyno.. Ill get back with that info..
Old 08-05-2007, 01:58 PM
stormcrow

slip / grab / slip / grab could easily do something like that... one thing i do remember about the OP's cogs is that they were filed down to keep the teeth from being "sharp"... i don't remember whom he said did this...but, i don't think it's conducive to holding that level of boost... i'm wondering if the RPMs could be causing the belts to jump teeth on occassion...
Old 08-05-2007, 02:09 PM
booger

Originally Posted by stormcrow
slip / grab / slip / grab could easily do something like that... one thing i do remember about the OP's cogs is that they were filed down to keep the teeth from being "sharp"... i don't remember whom he said did this...but, i don't think it's conducive to holding that level of boost... i'm wondering if the RPMs could be causing the belts to jump teeth on occassion...
I know the ATI has two cog belts . The small one [ like Vortech's ] that actually drives the blower . Then the second longer one that turns a jackshaft . But does ATI kit have a serp belt that drives the pulley with the longer cog belt ? If it does...that would be the one slipping .

When my belt slipped , boost would go up and down from 5900rpm to redline . With boost going from 12.9 to 14.9psi . WHP charts never looked like that . WHP and trq. would just level off

Just to add . If a cog belt starts jumping or skipping over the cog pulley . It will just tear the teeth right off the belt . Its happen to me on my small blower cog belt . There was a belt with no teeth left and a bunch of shreds all over the engine bay .

I dont know what cog belts he runs [ I believe he said Gates ] but my teeth on my belt are slightly rounded off , and come that way

Last edited by booger; 08-05-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:22 PM
stormcrow

I know the ATI has two cog belts . The small one [ like Vortech's ] that actually drives the blower . Then the second longer one that turns a jackshaft . But does ATI kit have a serp belt that drives the pulley with the longer cog belt ? If it does...that would be the one slipping .

When my belt slipped , boost would go up and down from 5900rpm to redline . With boost going from 12.9 to 14.9psi . WHP charts never looked like that . WHP and trq. would just level off

Just to add . If a cog belt starts jumping or skipping over the cog pulley . It will just tear the teeth right off the belt . Its happen to me on my small blower cog belt . There was a belt with no teeth left and a bunch of shreds all over the engine bay .

I dont know what cog belts he runs [ I believe he said Gates ] but my teeth on my belt are slightly rounded off , and come that way
that's what kept happening to the OP's...shred city... then, eventually breakage... i honestly think he needs to replace the cogs... being filed like they are is a problem, in my opinion... and as far as i remember, the system only had two belts... and maybe i'm way off here...but, how can you dip up and down 2psi and see no hp or tq changes on the dyno? 2psi can make a bit of hp difference....
Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 PM
booger

Im not sure . But from watching the R4 software live as the car on the dyno and the logs afterwards . The psi level would jump up and down so fast that I dont think it made a diff .

Cog belts and cog pulleys are supposed to be matched and Im sure his are . I dont see someone filing off each tooth on a cog belt .

or were you talking about the cog pulleys teeth being filed ?

Quick Reply: Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi