Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 PM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
Im not sure . But from watching the R4 software live as the car on the dyno and the logs afterwards . The psi level would jump up and down so fast that I dont think it made a diff .

Cog belts and cog pulleys are supposed to be matched and Im sure his are . I dont see someone filing off each tooth on a cog belt .

or were you talking about the cog pulleys teeth being filed ?
the cog pulleys... i thought it very odd that this was done... and actually, it seems to have had the opposite effect of what they were trying to do... no more sharp peak, but the horizontal sides are as sharp as razors...
Old 08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the ATI kit that was on Trefling's car ? That Sharif had tried to tune at one time ? Im wondering how you have come to know so much about a guys car thats in Texas .
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by booger
Is this the ATI kit that was on Trefling's car ? That Sharif had tried to tune at one time ? Im wondering how you have come to know so much about a guys car thats in Texas .
I dont know if its the same kit. But the OP had some military training in GA, and spent a couple or three Sat's at our shop over the course of 3 months, for various work on his car. Stormcrow has a limited social life, so he hangs out at our shop on Sat.

I havent seen a dyno plotted pressure chart from either Vortech or ATI showing a clean linear buildup to 14psi. Do you have one? Seems like the straightline linear build-up ends at about 10-12psi tops, from what I have seen.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:27 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I dont know if its the same kit. But the OP had some military training in GA, and spent a couple or three Sat's at our shop over the course of 3 months, for various work on his car. Stormcrow has a limited social life, so he hangs out at our shop on Sat.

I havent seen a dyno plotted pressure chart from either Vortech or ATI showing a clean linear buildup to 14psi. Do you have one? Seems like the straightline linear build-up ends at about 10-12psi tops, from what I have seen.
shush! it's the place my car feels most at home... oh, and you're one to talk...you're as "married" as i am! neither of us can chase the hot dirties...
Old 08-05-2007, 03:57 PM
booger

If I had my older laptop working I could send a dyno chart to you . I had one going to 22psi when I first put on the all cog system . I also had a bunch of Zeitronix logs and a few R4 logs .
The old laptop took a chit a couple weeks ago and Im not going to try to start it up again with out having some one here to help retrieve some stuff on it .
The only one that showed large up and down swings in psi was the r4 logs . The Zeitronix wasnt fast enough to log it , it would go up and down [ psi ] but not as large or as fast as the r4 software .
Old 08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
booger

An example of what Im saying .
I was going over a r4 log when tuning the old set up [ serp pulley..slip from 5900rpm ] Every time I tried to make a change to an area of the A/F map . Nothing would happen . So I logged a run on the R4 and looked at it . Thats when I saw how much the Split Second MAP sensor was seeing different psi levels . It would jump from 13psi range up into the 14psi range . I made changes in that area and sure enough . The A/F went in the direction I wanted it to . This happened in several areas between 5900 to 7200rpm's
Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Talked to the dyno shop and they didnt have any boost or a/f charts.... Im thinking about going on a road trip to forged....... Damn its far......... I might just say fruck it and live with what i got.. for now......

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-06-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
stormcrow

uhhhh...hells naw! c'mon back... i'll let you crash at my place... then, once the problem is figured out and resolved, we'll go on a mountain run...

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Talked to the dyno shop and they didnt have any boost or a/f charts.... Im thinking about going on a road trip to forged....... Damn its far......... I might just say fruck it and live with what i got.. for now......
Old 08-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I know man....... I feel ****ty because I know its still not done with that ziggy *** chart past 5k.....
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
stormcrow

I know man....... I feel ****ty because I know its still not done with that ziggy *** chart past 5k.....
then, come on back when you get some time off... trust me, it'll be worth it...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
then, come on back when you get some time off... trust me, it'll be worth it...
Yea, it should be in a few weeks to a month.. Ill let you know.. Hey the thing is my belts are holding up now.. So Im sure hell get a better tune up top.. I kinda know there is more to be had on this damn setup.. I may even upgrade the intercooler.. How do you feel about that?? What else could it be??
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM
booger

My biggest problem of making more HP is the AT5 . But it seems to me that the more boost you try to stuff in the engine with a SC . The more gets waisted spinning the blower . The higher the boost the harder it is to spin the blower and the whp extracted from each psi gets less and less . Parasitic loss !
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how well the UR or the X02 flows, but a higher flowing setup might possibly help some

more flow would drop the psi some, make more hp and make it easier to spin the blower with less stress on the belts

or could it be possible that the blower itself is a bottleneck?
Compared to the vortech, the ATI design is smaller, even though it spins almost twice as fast

Last edited by sentry65; 08-06-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

SHARIF,

I worked out a deal to come up to GA.. So if i came friday to your shop would you be able to fit me in for a tune?? Its a 14hr drive now FTL..

your PM box is full BTW sharif..
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by sentry65
I don't know how well the UR or the X02 flows, but a higher flowing setup might possibly help some
Its not the exhaust.. I just freed up a **** load of flow with this exhaust..

It could be the blower itself.. Not completely sure but I know stangs get alot more boost out of the ATI corrrrect?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 AM
stormcrow

SHARIF,

I worked out a deal to come up to GA.. So if i came friday to your shop would you be able to fit me in for a tune?? Its a 14hr drive now FTL..

give him a ring at the shop... he should be there... also, are you talking about this friday? if so, do you need a place to crash?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

SHARIF,

sure...common down...i will squeeze you in. i just cleared my box.

Just PRAY that boost curve holds up.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

trefling got 500whp out of his ATI I think. I don't remember the psi, but surely it's possible. Could it just be really conservative timing?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by sentry65
trefling got 500whp out of his ATI I think. I don't remember the psi, but surely it's possible. Could it just be really conservative timing?

I can guarantee he never got 500whp.. I have talked to him before.. He may have gotten that after he did Spray w/ SC.. Not SC alone.. Trust me..
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
sure...common down...i will squeeze you in. i just cleared my box.

Just PRAY that boost curve holds up.

Road Trip!! Im off!!!

Side note: Stormcrow meet me at the crossroads on friday.. Early.. I know you dont wake up till after 1pm but ill be there before that.. lol..

Quick Reply: Finally, Jonb ATI Procharger dyno sheet @ 14psi