Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 AM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder why like every single kit has had something missing or wrong parts?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quamen
Aarantes:

So your motor locked up while Sharif still had it?
That is correct. This turbo kit was a mess from the moment it arrived at doorstep. Missing pieces, double labor needed to cut, weld, adjust just about every component. And then the iceing on the cake.....the engine ran for 5 seconds and then hydrolocked. We've been doing this a long time, I have have never seen such a debacle. Not sure if it was the injectors or the UTEC that malfuncted, but we'll find out shortly. We checked the maps prior to startup, and everything looked normal.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:18 AM
goosegoose

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
That is correct. This turbo kit was a mess from the moment it arrived at doorstep. Missing pieces, double labor needed to cut, weld, adjust just about every component. And then the iceing on the cake.....the engine ran for 5 seconds and then hydrolocked. We've been doing this a long time, I have have never seen such a debacle. Not sure if it was the injectors or the UTEC that malfuncted, but we'll find out shortly. We checked the maps prior to startup, and everything looked normal.
we are ALL closely waiting to hear of your findings

i want to thank you for doing this, and for unfortunately being including in our headaches
Old 09-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The bottom line with me is they practiced unethical business practices. They agreed to purchase the UTEC and injectors from me.And I in exchange spent countless hours via email helping Rick with tunning issues and answering questions. Hell they could not even figure out why the car was going lean at 9psi on a stock fuel pump
Long story short,communication was great almost harrasing on their end, right up until the point they got our test mules to buy the kit. I also was the one who pleaded with them to lower their $6900 retail price back to reality..
Well guess what, I emailed Rick to ask them how many UTECS and fuel systems they would need, and he tells me that he was concearned he could not get tech support from me and was having a hard time getting in touch with me despite getting in touch with me every single time pre sale
So he sourced the Utecs somewhere else,stabbing us in the back.
IMHO they tried to take advantage of the import crowd,whereas the domestic crowd would bury them..
Old 09-26-2007, 06:31 AM
WASHWIZ

Originally Posted by cubu
^^ might be a little harder for you, since you actually received the kit and installed it, for most CC companies you have 90 days to file a dispute.
It has not been 90 days yet.

With all the sh*t I've had to go though (them telling me I have a blown head gasket, BS), and sending the wrong parts. This is not a good way to start.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:40 AM
WASHWIZ

Anyone been on their web site recently? Check out the #'s they post for a Z.
http://www.ststurbo.com/nissan_350z
Old 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by WASHWIZ
It has not been 90 days yet.

With all the sh*t I've had to go though (them telling me I have a blown head gasket, BS), and sending the wrong parts. This is not a good way to start.

You said you had some little leak out of the turbo because of the moisture from the exhaust, didnt know your car was smoking. how bad is the smoke and what color?

Look at some post a few page back and we were making fun of that #'s.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn guys, I guess I will not be getting this kit. Alex I hope everything works out for you, Sharif will figure it out. Lets just hope you don't need a new motor. Let me know whats up, you have my number.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How disappointing

I noticed that they have the 2007 listed as an application on their page also which I doubt.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:47 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The bottom line with me is they practiced unethical business practices. They agreed to purchase the UTEC and injectors from me.And I in exchange spent countless hours via email helping Rick with tunning issues and answering questions. Hell they could not even figure out why the car was going lean at 9psi on a stock fuel pump
Long story short,communication was great almost harrasing on their end, right up until the point they got our test mules to buy the kit. I also was the one who pleaded with them to lower their $6900 retail price back to reality..
Well guess what, I emailed Rick to ask them how many UTECS and fuel systems they would need, and he tells me that he was concearned he could not get tech support from me and was having a hard time getting in touch with me despite getting in touch with me every single time pre sale
So he sourced the Utecs somewhere else,stabbing us in the back.
IMHO they tried to take advantage of the import crowd,whereas the domestic crowd would bury them..

I had a feeling that when you started speaking negatively about STS there had been a business dealing that went south. Not to point the finger at you or them just stating that I had a feeling of that. Maybe STS will come through
Old 09-26-2007, 09:49 AM
DanielW
Banned

I asked rick about these numbers and what kind of supporting mods he had on that car to get them and his response was that the car ONLY had a lower intake (MREV) and that the tune was "spot on"
Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 PM
aarantes

The thing I dont get is if Rick knows that their are pieces missing, hoses to short and other things why put it up for sale on his website? If there are still things wrong with this kit I dont think it should be for sale to the public.

Also when I spoke to Rick he told me that if it was the fuel injectors or the utec that caused the failure that I would have to deal with them and not STS because STS only puts the kits together. That is like me going to the nissan dealer for a new window motor and them telling me I have to go to china and talk to them because nissan only puts the car together.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
aarantes

And after all this information has come out from Julian and AthenG I think I have a pretty good case agaist STS. I mean Julian told them their hoses were too short and 2 or 3 months later they still havent fixed that problem?? I am no expert but I do not think it takes that long to make new hoses
Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by aarantes
And after all this information has come out from Julian and AthenG I think I have a pretty good case agaist STS. I mean Julian told them their hoses were too short and 2 or 3 months later they still havent fixed that problem?? I am no expert but I do not think it takes that long to make new hoses
The hose issue will not make your case whatsoever. I personally have never seen a turbo kit company man up or take responsability for their kit blowing up an engine.Too many variables. They will say the engine managment,faulty install,bad injectors, ect ect.. 99.9% you will never collect a dime from STS for an engine. Missing parts are an inconvience but will not cause an engine failure. The UTEC will not alter the MAF signal to the point of filling up the cylinders with fuel. The injectors sticking wide open however can cause that. I am surprised that this happened to tell you the truth...This is the first time I heard of something like that. Perhaps it was an oil sump related issue??
Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
aarantes

Engine managment came from them and map was never touched so if that was at fault it is there product. I never had oil sump problems I have an 05 non rev up. If it was the injectors that caused this engine failure do you still think I would not be able to get anything out of STS.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by aarantes
Engine managment came from them and map was never touched so if that was at fault it is there product. I never had oil sump problems I have an 05 non rev up. If it was the injectors that caused this engine failure do you still think I would not be able to get anything out of STS.
The kit has an oil pump that pumps oil to the turbo and back..Just a thought. However if the injectors caused it, your gonna have to send those injectors for testing and prove they caused it. Most likely their Deatchswerks injectors...Another contact they stole from us and did their own thing..I would send the injectors for independant testing, not back to DW for sure..Everyone is going to look to point fingers and cover their a$$es for sure.
IMHO they are DONE in the import scene...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
I had a feeling that when you started speaking negatively about STS there had been a business dealing that went south. Not to point the finger at you or them just stating that I had a feeling of that. Maybe STS will come through
If they want my money they better take and ethcis class and fix everyones on here issues.

This is worse than XXXXXX (edit because I dont feel like bashing yet another shop) business practices.

I think we can make our own turbo's at this rate. Hell a turbo, tubing, and a stand alone and your half way home. Drop in an intercoller and run with it.

This looks like most of the STS kits owners are doing, had to do, and will have to do from the looks of this post!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The kit has an oil pump that pumps oil to the turbo and back..Just a thought. However if the injectors caused it, your gonna have to send those injectors for testing and prove they caused it. Most likely their Deatchswerks injectors...Another contact they stole from us and did their own thing..I would send the injectors for independant testing, not back to DW for sure..Everyone is going to look to point fingers and cover their a$$es for sure.
IMHO they are DONE in the import scene...
Yeah I mean I think I can point a finger at the kit since it came with everything and I purchased nothing else. Sharif is sending them to RC for a third party testing. I know everyone is trying to cover there a$$ which sucks because I just want a working car at this point. Sharif said that he would not be able to get my car up and running for another 5 to 6 weeks because he has other projects infront of mine and it has already been there for 2 weeks.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
athenG

Julian is right and it will be hard to put the blame on STS even though you bought the kit through them, all they will do is point their finger to the other manufacturer. Sharif has made a name here and his reputation speak for himself so it is hard to blame any install error on his part. I feel sorry for you but like Julian said, you are going to end up finding the culprit by yourself, this is not just STS but pretty much any turbo kit out there, there are to many variables and even other kit out there don't make their own parts but outsource them.

What I expect from STS is at least help you find what caused the problem and extend any kind of help they can give just to get your car back, but I don't think you will get any Engine from them or any other manufacturer out there. Last thing you want is a company that will just turn their back right away when things go south.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
aarantes

Well would I be expecting to much asking for a refund on the kit? If I got that refund It would solve all my problems. I am not in anyway blaming Sharif I trust him and his work.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread