Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by failsafe306
But how many of those blown motors were a DIRECT result of a part being bad out of the box? Probably none. Almost ALL of those kits problems were related to tuning, not bad parts. STS should show some class and give the guy a full refund, like Sharif suggested.

What about a few TN blowing because of overboosting which TN did correct? I don't want to debate nor defending STS but this is reality, things can go wrong and there are cars that blew that never left the shop or after 1-3000 miles of driving what is the difference? the end result is parts will fail and all we can do is hope.

Like on my other post I'm hoping STS will help a little out of their own good will and not turn their back right away.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by CRIDDA

STS Refund and Warranty Policies

1. All purchases of turbo systems or parts are final.

2. In accordance with the STS Limited Parts Warranty, STS will replace any defective part of the turbo system for a period of 12 months. If you believe you the parts warranty applies to your system, please call 866-WE-TURBO to discuss your options on getting a replacement part.

Squires Turbo Systems designs quality products and tests them on real vehicles in Utah. However, any type of forced induction can result in serious damage to your vehicle. Squires Turbo Systems is not responsible for any damage to your vehicle caused by the turbo system or any other components.
That seems to cover their A$$ Huh?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
That seems to cover their A$$ Huh?
It does for sure, but before we behead STS(me included), lets see what they are willing to do to help out their customers.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
DanielW
Banned

yea this is deffinitely a test for them on customer service, they have a chance to take a bad situation and turn it into some excellent PR if they play there cards right. They should look at this as an opportunity.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 AM
CRIDDA

Originally Posted by danielwebb
yea this is deffinitely a test for them on customer service, they have a chance to take a bad situation and turn it into some excellent PR if they play there cards right. They should look at this as an opportunity.
I agree, because as of right now they have left a bad taste in the import community mouths(and it needs to be freshened).
Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, because as of right now they have left a bad taste in the import community mouths(and it needs to be freshened).
Got a dirty mouth?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

It does for sure, but before we behead STS(me included), lets see what they are willing to do to help out their customers.
Based on their shinannigans with me, and Im a pretty good judge of character from my seconday profession, Im gonna say their not going to do squat..But thats only MY opinion..
Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 AM
goosegoose

I've sometimes wondered if anyone on STS reads these forums.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Got a dirty mouth?
I would like to give HER a Dirty mouth..
Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 AM
CRIDDA

Got a dirty mouth?
In lew of the situation, that for some reason just made me fall out of my chair laughing my *** off.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by goosegoose
I've sometimes wondered if anyone on STS reads these forums.
I actually emailed rick the link to this thread and he said he had been watching it.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
goosegoose

I actually emailed rick the link to this thread and he said he had been watching it.
That's good.
I would hope for some type of reasonable response then.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
athenG

I already emailed him and Vernon the link days ago but didn't get any response from them. I didn't like what their answer regarding my Silicone replacement, I can get a silicone easy and even Goose is offering me his but for them to give me a hard time is really pushing me to go to the dark side. I'll reserve my judgment later and see if they'll step up to the plate. Worst scenario is I can convert to any Front-Mount kit easy coz Utec, Injector, Fuel Pump are already installed and I can use other parts like BOV, WS so conversion will not be that hard.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:43 AM
goosegoose

Originally Posted by athenG
I already emailed him and Vernon the link days ago but didn't get any response from them. I didn't like what their answer regarding my Silicone replacement, I can get a silicone easy and even Goose is offering me his but for them to give me a hard time is really pushing me to go to the dark side. I'll reserve my judgment later and see if they'll step up to the plate. Worst scenario is I can convert to any Front-Mount kit easy coz Utec, Injector, Fuel Pump are already installed and I can use other parts like BOV, WS so conversion will not be that hard.
i'm in the same situation as you

after my GTM valve body is in, if things continue to go south, i may be looking at a JWT TT or an APS TT.

in light of all this, did you still want the silicone coupler?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by goosegoose
i may be looking at a JWT TT or an APS TT.
I'd personally choose the JWT.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM
aarantes

Yeah I want to see what they will do of course if it is the injectors or utec I will work with STS to solve this problem the easiest way. I do not expect them to buy me a new engine but maybe give me a full refund or if they would like pay for half my engine I can work with Sharif and we can figure out all the kinks to this kit and tell STS exactly what they need to fix, which in turn would help with their reputation which is on the line right now. On the other hand I do not know if Sharif is up for this since he is really busy right now.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
DanielW
Banned

ok well let me at least take this thread back kind of to where it was intended....

I got the sgp valve body installed which of course is awesome. I also now have test pipes AND the y-pipe. As I reported earlier the test pipes made a difference in response/spool time. The y pipe seems to have made a noticeable difference in response as well. I haven't actually tried to see at what point it spools up yet because I've been having alot of fun just driving it and enjoying it. Also I think with this kit its actually better to give an overall impression with mods like this because as Julian stated earlier the spool up times can tend to vary.
TENGAI

I've been reading this thread for the past couple of days and all I can muster is damn... I know you're hopeful to get some sort of compensation from STS, but I doubt you'll end up winning that fight. Good luck in any case. I know that you're in a bad position with this whole thing, but I'm sure Sharif will work something out to take care of you in the end.

Again, good luck and keep us posted.
Julian@MRC
Banned

I'd personally choose the JWT.
Why? Whats your reasoning?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Why? Whats your reasoning?
I used to have the APS TT kit, and the whole smoking/oil level thing really turned me off, personally. Plus, having to pay shipping to and from Australia to have APS fix the seals, and wait a month with my car on the lift in the meantime sucked. I'm not saying it's a bad kit, and people have had great luck with it, but I'd just rather go for JWT 700bb next time around, if I were to build up again.

Last edited by failsafe306; 09-27-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread