Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
zmedic16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at the end of the day this is going to end up being a great kit.
look at the greddy kits, turbonetics and i dare say the jwt kit... they all have blown cars in their initial product line. now sts joins the group but giv it a few months/ maybe a year and this will be a good competitor against vortech, turbonetics, and greddy kits due to its price range. all the other kits u need a fat wallet..... and the greddy tt instal goes over 2500$$$$$ WTF MAN lol no TT FOR ME.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by zmedic16
at the end of the day this is going to end up being a great kit.
look at the greddy kits, turbonetics and i dare say the jwt kit... they all have blown cars in their initial product line. now sts joins the group but giv it a few months/ maybe a year and this will be a good competitor against vortech, turbonetics, and greddy kits due to its price range. all the other kits u need a fat wallet..... and the greddy tt instal goes over 2500$$$$$ WTF MAN lol no TT FOR ME.

dont forget to differentiate engine "blowing" up because of the kit out the box vs those that are because of a faulty install/bad tune thats a big big difference
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
dont forget to differentiate engine "blowing" up because of the kit out the box vs those that are because of a faulty install/bad tune thats a big big difference
well said my friend.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
well said my friend.

OT:
nice pic the one you sent me yesterdya night man...lol...i couldnt fall sleep anymore... anyways... my turn today
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
DanielW
Banned

no trading homosexual pictures in my thread
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
Old 10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by danielwebb
Ahahahaha you heard the man

On a side note, PM sent...
Old 10-05-2007, 04:25 PM
IIQuickSilverII

sheeaaat
thatsnot whats about ...
Old 10-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Cube

Ahh jeez. I just got some upsetting news from Chris about "my kit."

I told him about a week ago that I wanted to cancel it since it's taking weeks to even get a kit available to ship. I think I posted here that he wanted to charge a $750 (20%) restock fee on the kit but yet they weren't able to ship it out because they didn't have the turbo. He said it was an "industry standard" for the restock fee, but I asked "on a product that's not even available?"

He refused to work with me on it, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. I haven't heard back on that yet, they're investigating and it could take as long as 60 days for any final word on it.

I sent an e-mail to Chris Martinez, to the same e-mail address that I had sent a few e-mails back and forth through, about how I disputed the charge w/ my credit card for the exact reasons above.

I now get an e-mail from the same address that I sent my notification of dispute to, except it's a forward in the form of an invoice.

Invoice details all the charges ($4845) and says "Due Date 9/6/2007" and "Ship Date 10/5/2007."

This makes me think he screwed me over by shipping it out anyways after I told him I wanted to cancel AND after I told him that I disputed the charge w/ my credit card company. Now what do I do with the package that arrives? What if my credit card company sides with them SOMEHOW? He lied to me on a few occasions. First being that he kept telling me I had to speak with an accountant to get my refund of $400, saying that my credit card info was destroyed and he wouldn't be able to do the refund. I could never get through to the accountant, but yet I finally got a $400 refund from STS on 9/24/2007, without ever giving my credit card info to an accountant or Chris.

I'm not used to getting screwed over by bad customer service (oddly enough, I rarely ever have ordering issues and I order stuff online/over the phone all the time), so I'm open to advice.

(edit: the original reason for cancelling was that I was in the dark about the status, I had to call back in a week or two to find out that the turbos were not available, which is the reason it hadn't been shipped yet... I was just calling to get a tracking number and ended up hearing that... I let it slide and then after a second call almost a week later and still no tracking info, decided it was BS and informed him I'd like to cancel).

Ahh edit again: I forgot to mention that this "invoice" that has an invoice date at the top of 9/6/2007 yet a shipped date of 10/5/2007 has a BLANK area for where it says "Ship Via" and includes no tracking/reference number whatsoever on the entire page. It also now has this detailed policy in size 2 font that also may have been just made up on the spot for all I know:
SQUIRES TURBO SYSTEMS RETURN & CANCELLATION POLICY
General:
All sales are final. In the event a return is necessary, the following would apply:
o Customer must be issued a return authorization number by STS.
o A 15% restocking fee will be charged for returned items.
o Customer is responsible for all shipping.
o Credit will be issued (less the 15%) toward future purchases only.
o NO returns on special order or custom parts.
o Parts must be new and in original packaging with all included components and instructions. Credits are granted after the items have
been inspected by STS.
Cancellation of Orders:
There is a cancellation charge of 15% for any order that is cancelled after the date of invoice or the date of any charge completed on a credit
card. Special order custom parts cannot be cancelled once ordered.

Last edited by Cube; 10-05-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:29 PM
DanielW
Banned

I couldn't resist
Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Cube
Ahh jeez. I just got some upsetting news from Chris about "my kit."

I told him about a week ago that I wanted to cancel it since it's taking weeks to even get a kit available to ship. I think I posted here that he wanted to charge a $750 (20%) restock fee on the kit but yet they weren't able to ship it out because they didn't have the turbo. He said it was an "industry standard" for the restock fee, but I asked "on a product that's not even available?"

He refused to work with me on it, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. I haven't heard back on that yet, they're investigating and it could take as long as 60 days for any final word on it.

I sent an e-mail to Chris Martinez, to the same e-mail address that I had sent a few e-mails back and forth through, about how I disputed the charge w/ my credit card for the exact reasons above.

I now get an e-mail from the same address that I sent my notification of dispute to, except it's a forward in the form of an invoice.

Invoice details all the charges ($4845) and says "Due Date 9/6/2007" and "Ship Date 10/5/2007."

This makes me think he screwed me over by shipping it out anyways after I told him I wanted to cancel AND after I told him that I disputed the charge w/ my credit card company. Now what do I do with the package that arrives? What if my credit card company sides with them SOMEHOW? He lied to me on a few occasions. First being that he kept telling me I had to speak with an accountant to get my refund of $400, saying that my credit card info was destroyed and he wouldn't be able to do the refund. I could never get through to the accountant, but yet I finally got a $400 refund from STS on 9/24/2007, without ever giving my credit card info to an accountant or Chris.

I'm not used to getting screwed over by bad customer service (oddly enough, I rarely ever have ordering issues and I order stuff online/over the phone all the time), so I'm open to advice.

(edit: the original reason for cancelling was that I was in the dark about the status, I had to call back in a week or two to find out that the turbos were not available, which is the reason it hadn't been shipped yet... I was just calling to get a tracking number and ended up hearing that... I let it slide and then after a second call almost a week later and still no tracking info, decided it was BS and informed him I'd like to cancel).

Ahh edit again: I forgot to mention that this "invoice" that has an invoice date at the top of 9/6/2007 yet a shipped date of 10/5/2007 has a BLANK area for where it says "Ship Via" and includes no tracking/reference number whatsoever on the entire page. It also now has this detailed policy in size 2 font that also may have been just made up on the spot for all I know:
Call their new east coast sales rep, he seems to be the only stand up guy there..
Bill 801-420-8568
aka Wild bill
Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
DanielW
Banned

yeah i thought this chris guy was gone
Old 10-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I just returned from sea to find this thread.

I started the install but never finished before I took off for sea. What I did manage to get through led to three things: missing nuts and bolts, short oil lines, and a broken oil solenoid valve.

Oh yeah, the welds are sub par for a kit which I paid 5500 dollars for. In the spirit of welding, if it holds, its a good weld regardless of how it looks but regardless...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:12 AM
DanielW
Banned

damn man. It seems like they would have created a parts checklist by this point to insure that EVERYTHING gets shipped with the order. Although I do know for a fact that this isn't a problem with STS alone. Lots of kits come with pieces missing here and there. I just can't think of any that ship every kit with something missing.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Cube

Well, according to STS, I'm either stuck with the kit or stuck with a $500-750 fee for trying to cancel. Not sure which route to go yet, maybe I'll just keep it and sell it... or keep it and install some day and just cross my fingers that I don't hydrolock the motor with fuel

That guy Bill is definitely easier to talk to than Chris Martinez. Supposedly Chris is moving to tech support and no longer customer service.

At any rate, I'm going to see what my credit card company says about the issue. Apparently the kit is finally ready to ship out as of yesterday.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Oleg

WOW!
After reading through the thread, am I glad I didn't jump on this when it was released, despite the temptation...
Julian, very classy of you to offer what you did to your STS customers.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Cube
Well, according to STS, I'm either stuck with the kit or stuck with a $500-750 fee for trying to cancel. Not sure which route to go yet, maybe I'll just keep it and sell it... or keep it and install some day and just cross my fingers that I don't hydrolock the motor with fuel

That guy Bill is definitely easier to talk to than Chris Martinez. Supposedly Chris is moving to tech support and no longer customer service.

At any rate, I'm going to see what my credit card company says about the issue. Apparently the kit is finally ready to ship out as of yesterday.
They honestly must have the most stupid,retarted people working for them..Would you not think after myself,and Sharif, two of the most popular,well respected VQ shops in the country,BOTH giving their kits a bad review and bad press, they would do WHATEVER, and I mean WHATEVER it takes to let the smoke clear and stop pissing people off..
The $500 restocking fee, for a turbo kit that was never ready to ship at the time of order VS pissing off the entire 50,000 plus members of MY350z.com, that seems to be an easy one for me to figure out,and Im no customer service expert..
They really have gone above and beyond at destroying themselves in the VQ community forever in my honest opinion.
After a 45 minute conversation with their Rep, Wild bill who actually is a well respected mustang guy,I felt a bit better about them and thought they would make a good faith effort to actually resolve some customer issues, however after reading this I am simply fired up to the point of no return..I mean how fukcing stupid is Rick Squires and the band of money hungry a$$holes he has employed?Do they have an ounce of common sense when it comes to customer service??
And if I were anyone on this board, I would not listen to a thing anyone from C.I.N> motorsports has to say, as their opinion is very objective as they are one of the leading STS distributers in the US..So anything they say is stricly geared towards the sales of more kits to the VQ market, which they are VERY unfamiliar with..Myself and Shariff have been turbocharging the 350Z for well over 3 years. Just because a company puts in 2 STS kits on a VQ, does not make them an EXPERT in the platform by any means..Dont be fooled people,DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!

font size editted way to big with this much wording

-r0me

Last edited by r0mey; 10-06-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, you really like posting in big font, don't you? I know, it's away to express yourself. And you should. These people (STS) really do make me want to throw up.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by VIZAGE
LOL, you really like posting in big font, don't you? I know, it's away to express yourself. And you should. These people (STS) really do make me want to throw up.
Funny you mention that... I seriously do get sick to my stomach like a half hour after every conversation with anyone from STS over the issue. I have a strong stomach but this literally does make me sick to my stomach.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Oleg

Maybe VRT will switch to the STS from JWT...

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread