Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:42 AM
App6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink
Athen,

I talked to Freddy at Squire, and he hooked me up. I told him what I was looking to do, and suggested that we upgrade the turbo. SO, i have bought the kit, with a Gt-67 turbo, and the new upgraded Intercooler. He is curious to see what it can do also. Just to let everyone here know, i won't have any number or anything for a little while. I am in Afghanistan right now, so when i get home, I'll make sure to post off the info. Also, once the first numbers come out, i will work from there upgrading injector and EMS until i get the type of power i am looking for. I'll keep ya posted.

Nick
How much did he hook you up cause I'm thinking about trying to jew them down big time
Old 12-28-2007, 04:47 AM
TheProfessional

Just FYI, those STS people lurk the forums..
Old 12-28-2007, 05:49 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by ramairZ
So, if you were having the same problems as CUBE or Aarantees or for that matter me, you would be all warm and fuzzzy? Give me a break! It's easy to be all pro STS when you were lucky enough to to get a kit with non-defective parts in it. Per the STS authorized installer, PCSC, the kit was installed and tuned right. And YES, I do expect everything to work 100% when it's only on the car for 20 minutes before the s--t breaks! Are you saying you buy expecting your purchase NOT to work?
My point is that if you have your kit installed and tuned right then so far the STS has been reliable and users has not complained except you. Even TN used to have minor missing parts and that is why you have to inspect every kit not just STS to make sure every parts are there before you start the installation (The manual states all the parts included). hhhhmmm there are at least 2 that I know who had their kit installed by themselves and they haven't blown their motor yet

Athen,

I talked to Freddy at Squire, and he hooked me up. I told him what I was looking to do, and suggested that we upgrade the turbo. SO, i have bought the kit, with a Gt-67 turbo, and the new upgraded Intercooler. He is curious to see what it can do also. Just to let everyone here know, i won't have any number or anything for a little while. I am in Afghanistan right now, so when i get home, I'll make sure to post off the info. Also, once the first numbers come out, i will work from there upgrading injector and EMS until i get the type of power i am looking for. I'll keep ya posted.

Nick

THAT IS A BIG TURBO!!! Hope you can make that work without sacrificing drivability.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by athenG
THAT IS A BIG TURBO!!! Hope you can make that work without sacrificing drivability.
Im going to say the power band would be from 5800rpms to 6500rpms on that one.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 AM
DanielW
Banned

+1 How much power are you looking for? That turbo might be a bit overkill....
Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
ramairZ

My point is that if you have your kit installed and tuned right then so far the STS has been reliable and users has not complained except you. Even TN used to have minor missing parts and that is why you have to inspect every kit not just STS to make sure every parts are there before you start the installation (The manual states all the parts included). hhhhmmm there are at least 2 that I know who had their kit installed by themselves and they haven't blown their motor yet

My point is DEFECTIVE parts, not missing parts. How would you suggest the authorized dealer/installer test for defective parts pre install? If those DEFECTIVE parts cause damage to your ride, especially after only 20 minutes, STS should cover those damages. If you know the answer, contact STS with your knowledge. Those that installed their own kits evidently did not receive DEFECTIVE parts with their kits. GOOD for them. I did and they were installed and they caused damage. I am letting people know of MY experience, just as you are of yours.Great thing about AMERICA, FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:50 AM
athenG

/\ So I guess TN gave people new Engine who had blew their Engine because of overboosting before the new wastegate relocation pipe was sent out. Like I said you take the good with the bad and that is why the first few days/weeks after installing your kit is the key. Every new kit had/have their problem when they started, the key is how they go about it to fix it.

Last edited by athenG; 12-28-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:02 AM
athenG

STS warranties the "System", UTEC, Deutchwerks, etc. are part of that "System". If anyone has a warranty issue they should have to deal only with STS. STS should then deal with their vendors. Doing the RIGHT thing builds a business.

Went with dealer, my mistake.

I only had 2 miles on my newly installed STS car when all these problems started. I would probably be a little less cynical if had been out enjoying my ride at least a couple of months before more and expensive repairs started.

Whatever F/I system you decide to buy, make sure their "authorized dealers" are familiar with your vehicle. It makes for a more successful install.

hhhmm so who help you fix all your problem? Who sent you another Brand New Utec for troubleshooting at no cost? You make it all sound that STS turned their back yet they were there for you the entire time. Like you said you went to the Dealer to have things installed and even with that STS was there to help you out figure what was wrong. First you went to a place that can't even fix a ticking AXEL, Second, you lie about STS turning their back on you. If your standard is to high since you complain to much then you should've went to a reputable shop like most of us did and maybe you would've been trouble free.

If you were that person in Tampa that STS did help and you seem to be a perfect fit then I can't believe what STS has done and arranged for you.

By the way I know what happen to aarantes' car so I'll let him post his findings.

Last edited by athenG; 12-28-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 PM
App6MT

By the way I know what happen to aarantes' car so I'll let him post his findings.
Tell him to hurry up, I'm intrigued
Old 12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by App6MT
Tell him to hurry up, I'm intrigued
Just pm him then. Im sure Alex is trying to be cautious about what he post on the forums. I too know what happened, but then again he lives up the street from me.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
ramairZ

hhhmm so who help you fix all your problem? Who sent you another Brand New Utec for troubleshooting at no cost? You make it all sound that STS turned their back yet they were there for you the entire time. Like you said you went to the Dealer to have things installed and even with that STS was there to help you out figure what was wrong. First you went to a place that can't even fix a ticking AXEL, Second, you lie about STS turning their back on you. If your standard is to high since you complain to much then you should've went to a reputable shop like most of us did and maybe you would've been trouble free.

If you were that person in Tampa that STS did help and you seem to be a perfect fit then I can't believe what STS has done and arranged for you.

Seems that you work for STS. Getting your information about my dealings with STS from whom? Must be STS. Of course they're going to blow smoke up your hole. Do'nt tell me you're gullible enough to swallow all that they feed you. You have to be getting some sort of kickback, (money, free equipment), to continually sing their praises. Or maybe you've inhaled too much NYC smog.

Why should'nt they send me a replacement UTEC, it is UNDER WARRANTY! They did me no favors,just what any smart customer would expect and demand. It took them, STS and STS's authorized dealer/installer (Pinellas County Street Cars), who Chris sent me to for the install, over a month to diagnose, then replace the problem. All that time I had NO ride.
Unless you were here and witnessed what I went through you have NO RIGHT calling anyone a liar! SMA!

Get the complete facts or shut the F up!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:46 AM
athenG

Seems that you work for STS. Getting your information about my dealings with STS from whom? Must be STS. Of course they're going to blow smoke up your hole. Do'nt tell me you're gullible enough to swallow all that they feed you. You have to be getting some sort of kickback, (money, free equipment), to continually sing their praises. Or maybe you've inhaled too much NYC smog.

Why should'nt they send me a replacement UTEC, it is UNDER WARRANTY! They did me no favors,just what any smart customer would expect and demand. It took them, STS and STS's authorized dealer/installer (Pinellas County Street Cars), who Chris sent me to for the install, over a month to diagnose, then replace the problem. All that time I had NO ride.
Unless you were here and witnessed what I went through you have NO RIGHT calling anyone a liar! SMA!

Get the complete facts or shut the F up!
STS never turned their back on you so why are you complaining about their service? STS even arranged for another shop to look at your car AT THEIR COST since the DEALER was so pissed at you that they don't want a part of you car anymore. Hey buddy, do you expect a one day service for this kind of things? some people wait for 6 months to get their car, no wonder the other shop don't want anything to do with you. You are really hard to deal with. People like you should not be modding their car, you should stay NA!!!!

hahaha now I know how MIAPLAYA feel when accused of working for TN

Last edited by athenG; 12-29-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

STS never turned their back on you so why are you complaining about their service? STS even arranged for another shop to look at your car AT THEIR COST since the DEALER was so pissed at you that they don't want a part of you car anymore. Hey buddy, do you expect a one day service for this kind of things? some people wait for 6 months to get their car, no wonder the other shop don't want anything to do with you. You are really hard to deal with. People like you should not be modding their car, you should stay NA!!!!

I will vouche for AthensG that he is in no way affiliated with STS or recieving any "kickbacks" from them..
In fact we did his install and tune,it was the 2nd STS kit in the US to go in,and was the first one with the modified piping we designed and STS copied.
He had a few minor issues, but all in all the car turned out good, and made decent power...

We have since cut our ties with STS and our Dealer program, due to things that they did to us behind closed doors.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:09 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
I will vouche for AthensG that he is in no way affiliated with STS or recieving any "kickbacks" from them..
In fact we did his install and tune,it was the 2nd STS kit in the US to go in,and was the first one with the modified piping we designed and STS copied.
He had a few minor issues, but all in all the car turned out good, and made decent power...

We have since cut our ties with STS and our Dealer program, due to things that they did to us behind closed doors.
Props for professionalism
Old 12-29-2007, 07:38 PM
DanielW
Banned

anyone planning on trying out headers?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by CMyTailsBlink; 04-29-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
athenG

I am, along with test pipes as well. I already have an aftermarket Y pipe and Invidia N1 exhasut. I'm hoping that i can use most of the Invidia piping, minus the mufflers of course.

With all that exhaust mod and a big turbo, I really think you need some heavy heat wrapping or Jethot coating.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by DanielW
anyone planning on trying out headers?
I will be running headers/test pipes/upgraded y-pipe when I get mine done.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:53 PM
ramairZ

Never expected one day service but I did'nt expect it to take 31/2 months either. I expected 3-4 weeks. Check out the STS benefit statement re: "kit can be installed in about [B]8 hours[B] with no special tools". Truth in advertising?

It took STS approximately 1 month just to call the other shop, at my urging, and approve them looking at my car and by that time the shop was unable to do so for 3 more weeks. I have used this shop for approximately 16 years and it was my first choice to repair the turbo setup. The only reason I was forced, after 31/2 months, to use another shop is an STS manager made the bad decision to forward my private STS e-mail about PCSC's inability to get the STS system problem diagnosed and repaired to PCSC. I was willing, per Rick's urging, to give PCSC one more chance but the forwarded e-mail ruined that. I had passed the 31/2 month time frame by now.

As I said before, you need to get all and complete facts before spouting off.

You and others might have had a good experience with STS and your DEALER/INSTALLER, I did not and you know ZERO of what actually took place.

You had your say and I will have mine. People should hear the bad with the good and decide for themselves if they would accept this type of business dealing. If you purchase something and that something is defective and ruins other items of yours, especially after only 20 minutes, that business should step up and accept liability for all repairs. STS admitted that the defective system ruined the O2 sensors and said they would replace them. Then they say no because I did not buy O2 from them. They also said the excess fuel the system was dumping into my engine would cause cats to be damaged, they are. These items would not need replacing, at my expense, if system had not failed.

I am just letting anyone know what treatment they might expect if they happen to get a bad system.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 AM
athenG

/\ Fair enough. But you have been to 2 shops and it seem that the delay are mostly at the shop. Any delay that you experience and even the Install time fall back in the hands of the installer and not STS (Exept for missing parts ), that is why you have to inspect them first before starting the install. Rick don't deal with customers but directly at shop owners. When aarantes' car hydro locked STS (Rick) was on the phone right away with Forge to find out what happened. I think everyone that had conversation with Rick that he is a fair guy (Sorry Julian ) and always ready to answer questions and fast to respond. I have informed STS about the Missing parts on the kit that they ship, I hope this thing will be fixed.

I know some more things that happened in your case but I'll leave it at that. I assume that your car is up and running now, so have a good time and enjoy every minute of it. Hope you understand all the risk that come with FI engine though. I'm pretty sure that if you went to a real performance shop like MRC, Forged, PF...etc that your ordeal would've been much shorter. They won't even give you the car if it is running funny so there are less chance of damaging any parts. JIMHO.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread