Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:04 AM
aarantes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some good news about my whole cituation but I will be making a different tread to explain my FULL experience with all the parties involved since I do not want to get this tread locked because of arguement...
Old 12-26-2007, 09:21 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by aarantes
I got some good news about my whole cituation but I will be making a different tread to explain my FULL experience with all the parties involved since I do not want to get this tread locked because of arguement...

If this is a good news then why would it be locked? I smell trouble here!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:25 AM
App6MT

I will be purchasing resonated test pipes and an upgraded Y-pipe in the next 2 weeks in preparation to switch back to the stock exhaust and visit CIN.

I'm excited, I feel like pooping.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default High Boost?

Last edited by CMyTailsBlink; 04-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink
Has anyone installed this kit on a fully built motor? I just recently bought a fully built, stroked, Darton Sleeved engine, and I am considering this Kit. I have been told the motor is good for 25lbs of boost, and of course i want to push as much of that as possible. Does anyone know what the highest HP number are for anyone with this kit?? I have contacted STS to see if they'd like to "sponsor" my car, just to see what kind of power this kit is really good for. If anyone has any info, please let me know, thanks

Nick
Don't think so. Cube (I think) was going to on his FX but I think a lot of crap went down and he's still riding on a built motor without FI.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:28 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Has anyone installed this kit on a fully built motor? I just recently bought a fully built, stroked, Darton Sleeved engine, and I am considering this Kit. I have been told the motor is good for 25lbs of boost, and of course i want to push as much of that as possible. Does anyone know what the highest HP number are for anyone with this kit?? I have contacted STS to see if they'd like to "sponsor" my car, just to see what kind of power this kit is really good for. If anyone has any info, please let me know, thanks

Nick
if you building the engine with sleeves id highly recomend you go with a kit that can truly maximaize more the power that you cna put out... consider a TT or a ST with gt35r at least...something with more power potential.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by athenG
If this is a good news then why would it be locked? I smell trouble here!!!
Im a straight forth person so I would like all the parties involved to know what I am doing ahead of time. Plus I know there will be a lot of nuthugging coming from some
Old 12-26-2007, 08:15 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Last edited by CMyTailsBlink; 04-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:01 PM
DanielW
Banned

From what I understand it would be fairly easy to upgrade the turbo on this kit. and it looks like a fairly well insulated exhaust system will keep spool times comparable with those of turbos mounted in the engine bay. I would deffinitely talk to bobby and matt at CIN motorsports here in charlotte about it
Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 PM
ramairZ

QuickSilver........I'd love to be able to TT the engine, especially with the SFR twin kit, however, with 10K already into the motor, i need to look at a single for now. Us military guys don't make too much, so i gotta get what i can for now. I will have to do a single for now, then maybe later on upgrade to the TT. Plus, I am kinda curious to just see what this kit can actually do. Besides, can you imaging how this would sound with that much boost and the waste gates opening. It already sounds like a damn jet Anyway, I'm lookin at the STS or the APS single, so we'll see.
Do yourself a favor and save up the additional $ for the TT. STS unit will not give you what you desire and you will be wasting your MONEY. You would probablly do better with a more reliable system than STS. Quite a few of us have experienced poor results, defective parts, causing long delays in getting your ride on the road with the STS.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by ramairZ
Do yourself a favor and save up the additional $ for the TT. STS unit will not give you what you desire and you will be wasting your MONEY. You would probablly do better with a more reliable system than STS. Quite a few of us have experienced poor results, defective parts, causing long delays in getting your ride on the road with the STS.
If you did not have 1 out of your 17 posts non STS bashing related, I would assume you were "someone" stalking these threads.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 12-28-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 AM
athenG

Nick

If you get a sponsorship then maybe it is worth it When you call STS, they usually ask you first what power goal do you want so so they can Tailor the kit for you and STAY AWAY FROM CHRIS!!! Take the easiest route and just go with a TT and it has been proven already.

Originally Posted by ramairZ
Quite a few of us have experienced poor results, defective parts, causing long delays in getting your ride on the road with the STS.
Do you mean just yourself? Cube has a cancellation problem and never even had a chance to see the kit in person. Aarantes has a misfortune and still waiting on his response on who was at fault with his car. Once you have the kit installed and tuned right, I haven't seen anyone come in here complain about the kit giving them problems. You are the only one that expect to have everything work 100% at all time, heck even OEM parts fail
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM
DanielW
Banned

^^^Exactly
Old 12-27-2007, 01:43 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Last edited by CMyTailsBlink; 04-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:46 PM
athenG

Athen,

I know it would be easier to just get a TT kit and be done with it. However, aren't you at all curious just how much this kit is able to make? I am. They are able to make tons of power with the other kits they make for other cars, I'd like to see just how high it can push the VQ.
Yes, I'm curious what a STS can do with a Built, Stroked and sleeved Engine. The standard kit is out of the question so STS need to give you a custom kit. If you want you can talk to Rick himself if you want to do some testing. Last time I check he was looking for someone who can test the new FMIC and new compressor, he was giving it for half the price and all you have to do is do some before and after dyno and post some #'s.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:51 PM
TheProfessional

*Edited* pending recourse

Last edited by TheProfessional; 01-26-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Last edited by CMyTailsBlink; 04-29-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
ramairZ

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
If you did not have 1 out of your 17 posts non STS bashing related, I would assume you were MRC stalking these threads.
I can't help it if the truth hurts. I only expected what I spent thousand$ on to work for more than 20 minutes before taking a s--t and causing a s--t chain reaction of damage to my ride. STS wants to blame the installer and installer wants to blame STS. What attitude would you suggest I have? I"m the one out the money not STS or the installer.

Last edited by ramairZ; 12-27-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:59 PM
ramairZ

Originally Posted by athenG
If you get a sponsorship then maybe it is worth it When you call STS, they usually ask you first what power goal do you want so so they can Tailor the kit for you and STAY AWAY FROM CHRIS!!! Take the easiest route and just go with a TT and it has been proven already.

SO TRUE about CHRIS!

Do you mean just yourself? Cube has a cancellation problem and never even had a chance to see the kit in person. Aarantes has a misfortune and still waiting on his response on who was at fault with his car. Once you have the kit installed and tuned right, I haven't seen anyone come in here complain about the kit giving them problems. You are the only one that expect to have everything work 100% at all time, heck even OEM parts fail
So, if you were having the same problems as CUBE or Aarantees or for that matter me, you would be all warm and fuzzzy? Give me a break! It's easy to be all pro STS when you were lucky enough to to get a kit with non-defective parts in it. Per the STS authorized installer, PCSC, the kit was installed and tuned right. And YES, I do expect everything to work 100% when it's only on the car for 20 minutes before the s--t breaks! Are you saying you buy expecting your purchase NOT to work?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
If you did not have 1 out of your 17 posts non STS bashing related, I would assume you were MRC stalking these threads.
I dont like my name being brought up into threads for nothing.I have my opinion of STS and their "integrity" and have voiced it before. In case you missed it I will say it again:
We were the first ones to install an STS kit on a customers car, and had alot of issues and things we did not like about the kit. STS was very helpfull until they stole our idea for the piping(which I reccomended to them prior to releasing the kit anyhow,), Used countless hours of our time helping them with stuff they couldnt figure out,like the whole Walbro intank pump thing , and then they stabbed us in the back on a business deal and lied about it to me..

In my opinion, I would stay FAR away from STS and their "Snake oil salesman"..
But hey, what do we know, were only one of the top 350Z shops in the country.. not a domestic shop attempting to play with import cars cause they see a market..

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread