Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM
WASHWIZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he may be selling his entire set-up. Check the link in his sig.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by WASHWIZ
I think he may be selling his entire set-up. Check the link in his sig.
Nah I spoke to him via PM a few days back and he's definitely dong some other work on his car (still sticking with the rear--mount).. Can't really say any details.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
xxgreatwarsxx

my sts spitted oil from the turbo and the oil alarm went off few days ago. My shop told me the spitting is caused by leak on the turbo seal and they ship (or going to) the turbo back to sts for re-examination.... I have like 200 miles on the turbo.... will be waiting for update ....

Last edited by xxgreatwarsxx; 03-11-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:06 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greatwars,

Hey man, make sure they check the routing of you oil lines back to the Turbo. I know that with my build, the first time the engine was fired up, after the motor was turned back off, oil dumped into the turbo because of the line routing, There needs to be a loop, or high point in the line so the oil can't just run out of the line, if that makes sense. It was a really easy fix, my shop just made a loop and that was it, never had an issue with it after that. If need be, call Bobby at CIN motorsports, tell him Nick directed you to him, and i'm sure he will help ya out.

Washwiz, Yes, you are correct, I have sold my original kit, and like AthenG was sayin, yes, i am in the process of a major overhaul, but it will still be a rear-mount.

AthenG, glad i can be the pioneer for everyone. right from the first time i hear the sound of this kit i knew i had to go big and really see what this thing could do. There was only one other guy i know of that was going big, but he had some major issues that he just couldn't get resolved.

I will try to keep ya'll as informed as possible, but i can't reveal whats being done until the car is finished. I'll do my best to represent the STS Rear mount community as best i can. I'm on a mission to hut down the nay-sayers. Even when I made 624rwhp, people still had crap to say. Thats ok, I'm super competitive and I've got something up my sleeve.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 AM
CRIDDA

Do I see TT rear mount in you near future? That would be sweet if you could do that(like the Vette). Keep up the good work.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
xxgreatwarsxx

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink
Greatwars,

Hey man, make sure they check the routing of you oil lines back to the Turbo. I know that with my build, the first time the engine was fired up, after the motor was turned back off, oil dumped into the turbo because of the line routing, There needs to be a loop, or high point in the line so the oil can't just run out of the line, if that makes sense. It was a really easy fix, my shop just made a loop and that was it, never had an issue with it after that. If need be, call Bobby at CIN motorsports, tell him Nick directed you to him, and i'm sure he will help ya out.

Washwiz, Yes, you are correct, I have sold my original kit, and like AthenG was sayin, yes, i am in the process of a major overhaul, but it will still be a rear-mount.

AthenG, glad i can be the pioneer for everyone. right from the first time i hear the sound of this kit i knew i had to go big and really see what this thing could do. There was only one other guy i know of that was going big, but he had some major issues that he just couldn't get resolved.

I will try to keep ya'll as informed as possible, but i can't reveal whats being done until the car is finished. I'll do my best to represent the STS Rear mount community as best i can. I'm on a mission to hut down the nay-sayers. Even when I made 624rwhp, people still had crap to say. Thats ok, I'm super competitive and I've got something up my sleeve.

Thanks, I'll tell my shop bout it. Not sure if they have figure it out or not.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper832
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...brication.html

Its pretty crazy how he did it all, but apparently it worked out ok.
Thank you, and yes, everything worked out just perfect. If you are looking at building something like this, go with a smaller turbo. The turbo that these STS guys use (T04E 60 trim I think) would work great, as the compressors diameter is 1" smaller than the T3 60-1 that I am using. I think the turbo overall, is much smaller as well. This would make it easier to install, and route the piping. Hope to have some dyno numbers soon, I think I will easly achieve my 370whp goal with room to spare.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
DudeMan

just picked up my greddy e01 ebc for $75 so im going to install that and get a tune nest week and raise the boost to probably 9psi
Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
skn5002

Originally Posted by idwin
Maybe its just me but ive always thought sts was genius for the rearmount for heat issues? i would think having a turbo next to your tranny would lead to failures?

On a side note: holy crap when did sts price hike their kit? brad TheProfessional got his kit for like 3,600 new? but he had a revup and well long story short it didnt work out. I tried like hell to buy that kit but sts apparently wanted a pissed customer and to take a loss. I emailed CIN about some pricing and even messaged them through their myspace and havent heard a word? Im guessing they are out of business, or atleast dont care for mine. +1 on anyone selling their kit for a DECENT/RESONABLE price. especially with the economy in the trash and only getting worse. You guys should feel fortunate you have tuners around you. the closest one to me was SGP LOL and well not so more. so i guess forged would be the next big name?
So how much does this kit go for now? I thought the complete kit was going for a little under 5k. I emailed CIN also with no response. Perhaps I will give them a call.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Originally Posted by skn5002
So how much does this kit go for now? I thought the complete kit was going for a little under 5k. I emailed CIN also with no response. Perhaps I will give them a call.
Hey guys, CIN is not out of business, Bobby is just slammed with work right now. He has had a few people bail on him and he has alot of customers/projects. I promise you that he would appreciate your business. Its probably best to call since I know for a fact that he works VERY late nights, and shows up early in the morning. Bobby is an awesome Mechanic/builder, and an even better person. He is always there for his customers and is never to busy to talk to them.

Thats all I have on that, if it means anything. But there is a reason that my car is sitting in his shop for its next big adventure
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

IMO you shouldnt promote your business on myspace/etc and not answer emails? but that doesnt seem like good business sense to me? or make me want to drop a stack at his place.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
CMyTailsBlink

IMO you shouldnt promote your business on myspace/etc and not answer emails? but that doesnt seem like good business sense to me? or make me want to drop a stack at his place.
I can understand your view point and thats your opinion, and i can't say your right or wrong. I am pretty certain that Bobby is not happy about not being able to reply. As far as the Mysapce/etc, that was all created when he had a full time internet guy. Bobby is not a computer guy, hes a car builder, and as much as he wishes he could get on there and keep everything up to date and reply to everything, he has cars to build. I understand not wanting to drop a stack at a shop that you don't think has good business sense, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone as dedicated to getting you exactly what you want outa your built, and making sure your are completely happy, even if that means working on the car on a saturday night well past midnight, which i know from experience.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Mike_G

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink
Hey guys, CIN is not out of business, Bobby is just slammed with work right now. He has had a few people bail on him and he has alot of customers/projects. I promise you that he would appreciate your business. Its probably best to call since I know for a fact that he works VERY late nights, and shows up early in the morning.

Bobby is a stand up guy. If you had droppped a "stack" would you rather him answering emails or wrenching your car ?? I'm sure he will get to emails when he can
Old 03-13-2009, 06:04 AM
skn5002

Where can I get the install manual so I can look things over before buying this kit? Also, is there a checklist for all the parts the kit should have so that when I do order it, I know if anything is missing?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 AM
eXe-Chris
Banned

Well we are embarking on a full STS rear mount install this coming weekend. We already have the kit but swapped out a few things from the get go. I will list our build below but we wanted to get a idea of things we need to look out for while installing the kit. I've read the last few pages of this section and already noticed the oil line issue. I assume everyone is running a loop in their oil lines to prevent this down flow of oil to the turbo while the car is off? What kind of issues did you guys run into if any? Do you have any pointers or tips that might make this more of a smooth operation from start to finish? Thanks in advance!

Our build:
STS Tuner Kit
UpRev Tuning System
440cc injectors from a New Greddy TT kit
Berk HFC's
Greddy Type-S BOV
Innovate Wideband
Aerotmotive AFPR w/CJ Motor Sports Stage 0 Fuel Return Kit
Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by skn5002
Where can I get the install manual so I can look things over before buying this kit? Also, is there a checklist for all the parts the kit should have so that when I do order it, I know if anything is missing?
PM me your email address and I'll give you a copy.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Mike_G

Originally Posted by eXe-Chris
Well we are embarking on a full STS rear mount install this coming weekend. We already have the kit but swapped out a few things from the get go. I will list our build below but we wanted to get a idea of things we need to look out for while installing the kit. I've read the last few pages of this section and already noticed the oil line issue. I assume everyone is running a loop in their oil lines to prevent this down flow of oil to the turbo while the car is off? What kind of issues did you guys run into if any? Do you have any pointers or tips that might make this more of a smooth operation from start to finish? Thanks in advance!

Our build:
STS Tuner Kit
UpRev Tuning System
Berk HFC's
Greddy Type-S BOV
Innovate Wideband
Just take your time. Get the IC tubing up inplace before you lock it down
Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
CMyTailsBlink

Originally Posted by eXe-Chris

Our build:
STS Tuner Kit
UpRev Tuning System
Berk HFC's
Greddy Type-S BOV
Innovate Wideband

Good luck with the install. The only advice i could pass along would be to take your time and pay attention. The oil feed line issue was my only problem with my car, and the solution was something that Bobby at CIN came up with. He is extremely spcific about how he works and puts a lot of time and effort into attention to detail. As long as you do the same, you should be alright.

Also, just as a side note/advice, be careful not to damage the HFC's. Keep in mind that the turbo is behind them, so if they come apart, like I know one guy's did, they will F@#K your turbo up. I accredit some of that to the shop not paying attention tho.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out and how you like it.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 AM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris - I have Berk HFC's, but am going to be switching them out with test pipes. I'm worried about them blowing out and destroying my turbo. I would suggest using test-pipes from the start.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike_G
Bobby is a stand up guy. If you had droppped a "stack" would you rather him answering emails or wrenching your car ?? I'm sure he will get to emails when he can
+1

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread