Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New EMS for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 03:13 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Like I told the supra guys...... what the end user has access to is up to the person selling them the computer. Some users will be able to access all fuel and timing maps.... some will not. You all know why!! I have penty of customers that should never be allowed to touch a computer!!

Dont worry though.... no one will be totally locked out the computer!!
Old 09-25-2007 | 03:50 PM
r@mon

Will i be able to buy this ecu with a regular flying lead harness and just wire up some of the essential sensors to get it to run? I'm not really looking for an ecu that is going to learn my car. I just want to adjust my idle via throttle body adjustment, calibrate my knock sensor via a simple graph, and get it to run. Aside from what other decent standalones do, I really just want it to control the factory VCT and read the cam/crank sensors. What i'm trying to say is, will all of these learning functions and such be able to be disabled if desired?
Old 09-25-2007 | 04:06 PM
booger

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Like I told the supra guys...... what the end user has access to is up to the person selling them the computer. Some users will be able to access all fuel and timing maps.... some will not. You all know why!! I have penty of customers that should never be allowed to touch a computer!!

Dont worry though.... no one will be totally locked out the computer!!
So basicly it is going to be like the F-Con ? In that only certified dealer/tuners will be able to sell and tune them ?

If so...that is why a lot of us refuse to get the F-con . We dont have local Dealer/Tuners and are not going to drive 500 miles to get it done .
Old 09-25-2007 | 04:46 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by booger
So basicly it is going to be like the F-Con ? In that only certified dealer/tuners will be able to sell and tune them ?

If so...that is why a lot of us refuse to get the F-con . We dont have local Dealer/Tuners and are not going to drive 500 miles to get it done .

he just it isn't like the fcon (read) cause there will be many certified tuners but anybody can buy the unit. so just buy it from whoever sells it to you unlocked...period. Fcon is locked and thats it. This is halfway between the AEM and Vpro in that matter.

edit. forgot he has me on ignore lol

and this needs to be heard again:

You cannot compare this computer to ANYTHING else available. None of the other computers offer half of what this computer offer. The biggest difference is this computer's ability to block learn. It will detect knock and adjust your timing..... then if knock goes away.... it will add the timing back it. It will compensate for all weather conditions for all fuel trims. It will control idle speed under all conditions.... why?? because of its ability to learn. It thinks exactly like the most sophisticated factory ECUs think and makes adjustments on its own like they do...... then under any similar circumstance in the future it remembers!! The reason it acts like a factory computer... is because it started life as one of the most sophisticated factory ECUs available. This is 2007 technology... all of the other computers available just do what you program them to and cannot think on their own. That is comparable to 1985 factory ECU technology. !!

This computer has been up and running on the VQ for some time..... controlling the cams, DBW etc. Final software code needs to be written and tested before it can be released so expect it early in 2008. It will be worth the wait!!

Very nice Larry! give my regards to Jason

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 09-25-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:08 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by booger

Um... didnt I just explain this?? In the case such as yours... where there is no one remotely near you..... we would sell you a computer preprogrammed for your setup... and GIVE YOU ACCESS to the fuel and timing maps so that you can make any small changes neccessary. YOU WILL NOT BE LOCKED OUT!!!

Of course it will only be sold by authorized dealers. That way you can be assured that when you get it, it is already optimized for your setup and you will have to do minimal tweaking!!

Is this an acceptable answer? I hope?? Pretty please??
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:09 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by r@mon
Will i be able to buy this ecu with a regular flying lead harness and just wire up some of the essential sensors to get it to run? ?
Yes you will. But the beauty of this ecu is its learning ability!! Why would you ever want to turn it off??
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:55 PM
booger

Um... didnt I just explain this?? In the case such as yours... where there is no one remotely near you..... we would sell you a computer preprogrammed for your setup... and GIVE YOU ACCESS to the fuel and timing maps so that you can make any small changes neccessary. YOU WILL NOT BE LOCKED OUT!!!

Of course it will only be sold by authorized dealers. That way you can be assured that when you get it, it is already optimized for your setup and you will have to do minimal tweaking!!

Is this an acceptable answer? I hope?? Pretty please??
You explination was on the previous page and I didnt see it...sorry .
My F/I system isnt the normal SC set up . Vortech with cog pulleys and making around 20 psi at redline . Can you simulate that set up on a pretune ?
Old 10-21-2007 | 05:07 AM
jrod350z

Thumbs up

Just curious!!!!!anymore updates on this subject......
Old 10-21-2007 | 06:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^^
did you check the 1st link on 1st page on supra forums?

09-28-2007
New features of the day!!

1) Misfire detection!!

No more guessing if you have a misfire. This computer will tell you which cylinder and how often it misfires!! Think about how valuable this will be!! You will know instantly when it is time for new plugs.... or a coil pack is going bad....etc!!

2) 20 channel thermocouple capability!!

Yep..... 20 channel!! Put one in every runner..... downpipe..... anywhere you can think of!! This is critical in tuning an engine to run exactly the same on every cylinder!!!
10-16-2007

Individual cylinder trim?
Individual gear trim?
Any more information on the traction control? How is testing coming along? Is it going to be comparable to the RaceLogic?
Any information on the map resolution?

Individual Cylinder trim is a 3d map for each cylinder
Gear trim is not needed with v.e.
Testing is going well, traction control will work several different ways, and will do things racelogic cannot, because it is part of the engine controller.
Old 11-10-2007 | 02:06 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

SP - quick question that I don't think I've seen an answer to.

Since it's a full standalone that is replacing the factory ecu, vs piggybacking off it, how does it deal with the CAN network with respect to TCS/ABS/VDC? Are these parameters set to factory levels, or are they too adjustable within the variables of the ecu?

And most importantly (to me) - how does it deal with the OBD2 connection? Will, say, an inspection machine still be able to connect through the std. OBD2 port?

Lastly - any insight into how it interacts with the drive by wire? Ie - are we able to set parameters within the software for, say, the DBW throttle body from another car, yet control it all and map it through the software ?

Thanks

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-10-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2007 | 08:14 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

bump for answers?
Old 11-16-2007 | 11:20 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
SP - quick question that I don't think I've seen an answer to.

Since it's a full standalone that is replacing the factory ecu, vs piggybacking off it, how does it deal with the CAN network with respect to TCS/ABS/VDC? Are these parameters set to factory levels, or are they too adjustable within the variables of the ecu?

And most importantly (to me) - how does it deal with the OBD2 connection? Will, say, an inspection machine still be able to connect through the std. OBD2 port?

Lastly - any insight into how it interacts with the drive by wire? Ie - are we able to set parameters within the software for, say, the DBW throttle body from another car, yet control it all and map it through the software ?

Thanks
The pro-efi computer will have complete can communication capability.... It will be a matter of time of deciphering the digital code though as the factories will not release that info.

From what I have heard, you will be able to pass an inspection through the OBDII port.

Im still checking on the DBW question for you.
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:45 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

There will be 2 version of the ProEFI

-Level I works like the AEM, or FCON in that it piggybacks the factory ecu
and will not control DBW.

-Level II unit will control EVERYTHING. (This unit is not set to be released
until early 08.

Price for Level I ProEFI
$2,250

Includes:
ProEFI Computer
MAP Sensor (3.5, 5, or 7bar)
Wideband O2 Sensor with Gauge
Wire harness to jump from the factory ECU to the ProEFI unit.

This unit has adaptive capbilities, meaning that it learns and adjusts on the fly. We're very excited about this and look forward to supporting the 350z aftermarket with it.

Units will be shipping within approx 2 weeks.

Post any questions here in the thread or feel free to email Larry and I at
sales@spracingonline.com

Thanks
Chris
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:16 PM
captj3

Chris will there be any cels from this unit like the one you get from a f-con. Also what z-1 asked you about abs/vdc/tcs and cruise control.
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:01 PM
QuadCam

If you choose to go with a cable throttle, will you still be able to use the traction control features of this EMS?
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by captj3
Chris will there be any cels from this unit like the one you get from a f-con. Also what z-1 asked you about abs/vdc/tcs and cruise control.

hummm from what he basically told you... Level I should be fine since it still lets the factory ECU control sthis features still.
With some luck ill get the lev2 proto in my car
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:11 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by captj3

Yes, it will generate OBDII style CELs

I answered the other question above
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:16 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by QuadCam
If you choose to go with a cable throttle, will you still be able to use the traction control features of this EMS?

Yes, It can still reduce power by timing and lowering the boost for you. Not quite as good as closing the throttle but it helps!!

However only the level 2 unit has trac control based on wheel differential speed.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:04 PM
captj3

I have 1 more question. I don't know if it was answered before. Does this unit need an external knock amp like the f-con does? Or does it hear knock and retard accordingly like the utec. I'm thinking of getting stage 1 for a stock motor until I'm ready to build and go for higher boost.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:07 PM
captj3

Yes, it will generate OBDII style CELs

I answered the other question above
I think you miss understood what I meant. From what I understand you get a constant cel with the f-con. I believe gtm reflashes the stock ecu to eliminate this.

Quick Reply: New EMS for 350Z