Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports is NOT VRT, the way it all went down

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Sorry, but being a paying vendor doesn't allow one to silence any and all comments by any non-vendor shops. Believe it or not, going out of your way to try to keep him from defending his own business only makes you look bad.

+1 doesnt really seem like he cares to much about trying to promote his shop. Sounds more like he is trying to defend himself and you(MRC) are trying throw the sponsor card at him so that he can't tell his side of the story. If he doesn't want to pay to be a sponsor and sell products and services then fine. But it seems all he is trying to do is clear is name(RA).

T
Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure he isn't starting new projects at peoples houses but making house calls to fix a issue that may have come up. And due to all the Fires in Cali right now, a lot of businesses are being forced to do this and there is no problem with that.

Lot's of businesses will do house calls when needed. But any major projects or installed usually are done at the shop.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Scott, there is nothing wrong with running a business out of your home, or someone's home. But working on customer cars at a residence is illegal.

When you were a part of VRT as you described in your story, you were working on cars out of Mike's house, and knowingly violating these rules, and continued to work on cars out of a residence, all the while mascarading as a full service legitimate shop on the forums. I knew something was fishy a long time ago, when VRT's shop address was a mailboxes etc.

You are doing the same thing now with your new company. If you work on cars at someone's house (your temporary location), you cannot get shop keepers insurance, liability insurance, a BAR license, not to mention hazmat pickup and clearance.

If you want to start a new business, best of luck, but be honest with people, and portray yourself as what you are. Open up a shop, invest in capital and people, just like the rest of us did. Or sell parts out of your house. You can't have it both ways.

You also continue to claim that your VRT projects made 800whp+, which we know is complete BS.

So if you want to set the record straight, then set it straight, but seems like you continue to obfuscate the truth once again, just like VRT did.

And for the love of God, please become a sponsor. We pay nearly $2000year to sponsor all the forums, and its not fair to the rest of the paying sponsors.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
+1 doesnt really seem like he cares to much about trying to promote his shop. Sounds more like he is trying to defend himself and you(MRC) are trying throw the sponsor card at him so that he can't tell his side of the story. If he doesn't want to pay to be a sponsor and sell products and services then fine. But it seems all he is trying to do is clear is name(RA).

T
+1. IMHO it's making the other shops look bad.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 AM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I can attest that RA is not at anyones house, they ARE in a shop. Granted a little shop, but a shop none the less. There is no house on the property of the shop, just a shop.

I will just clear that up since I have watched people say they are a home based business all this time without knowing the truth.
Time for an apology from Sharif.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
EM-EFER

Mods please don't delete this post-

I think there is alot of suspicion still Scott.

Some of the claims from your shop are crazy. Between the OEM motor builds and boosting them to 600-700whp is still out there. No fuel return systems on huge # builds?

No one here wants to be decieved or think that this is the norm on motor builds. That is the only reason everyone here is suspicious.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

I can attest that RA is not at anyones house, they ARE in a shop. Granted a little shop, but a shop none the less. There is no house on the property of the shop, just a shop.

I will just clear that up since I have watched people say they are a home based business all this time without knowing the truth.
I hope this post doesn't get me banned, but come on already. You are a mod and were very pro VRT - now you're doing the same thing for RA, another non-sponsor - just read this old thread...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=vrt+800whp

IF RA doesn't work out of their house great, post some pics of their shop then... I heard it was more of a storage shed but what do I know - if I knew I would not be asking the question(s).
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Philthy
I hope this post doesn't get me banned, but come on already. You are a mod and were very pro VRT - now you're doing the same thing for RA, another non-sponsor - just read this old thread...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=vrt+800whp

IF RA doesn't work out of their house great, post some pics of their shop then... I heard it was more of a storage shed but what do I know - if I knew I would not be asking the question(s).
Im not supporting RA (did you not read my post?) I am just stating they were not working from a house and were working in a shop.

You want to compare everything to VRT, look for my posts earlier this year about VRT. I was warning people about them. You can talk with Sharif as he and I had a very nice chat about them and I answered multiple PMs for people regarding their shady business practices.

You look for things that fit your needs to post up, but you leave out other information that is contrary to your point of view. You sound/ act just like a politician Phil.

I am not a customer of RA at all. My only recent dealings with Scott was when I sold him a hood.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM
MMC Racing

If someone paypals me $20 for gas, I'll drive to his location and take pictures..
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

a few examples, incase your search function doesnt work correctly and doesnt allow you to get the whole truth

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=vrt

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...41&postcount=3

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=35

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...97&postcount=4

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Im not supporting RA (did you not read my post?) I am just stating they were not working from a house and were working in a shop.

You want to compare everything to VRT, look for my posts earlier this year about VRT. I was warning people about them. You can talk with Sharif as he and I had a very nice chat about them and I answered multiple PMs for people regarding their shady business practices.

You look for things that fit your needs to post up, but you leave out other information that is contrary to your point of view. You sound/ act just like a politician Phil.

I am not a customer of RA at all. My only recent dealings with Scott was when I sold him a hood.

Politician no, history major yes... there's a clear pattern, and reading any of the old VRT threads is like watching an old rerun... same people (besides Mr. A), same people defending them, same bogus claims, same defense, and same non-sponsors to the forums...

They way I see it RA can get some instant creditability by doing three easy and quick things:

1. become a forum sponsor
2. dyno a car on GTM’s dyno with stock head studs/gasket and make +700whp
3. post pictures of their shop

It's not about being right or wrong, it’s about not having another VRT fiasco! Scott has been caught in several lies on this forum and all it takes is a simple search to find several examples...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
josh846

Does it really matter where they are working out of? Do you have the authority to take away their co., LLC, LLP or whatever they may be? Seems all the haters(vendors that are COMPETITORS) are just trying to find things to make other builders look bad, whatever they can say. Next thing we will be hearing is that he has an ugly girlfriend/wife don't buy his stuff. He has a mustache/beard you can't trust him. You should keep this to actual stuff that matters. To me, I do not care where he builds/installs engines. If his stuff produces good numbers and works that is great. I do understand the issue of insurance, but do I care if they are not disposing of HZMAT materials properly? not really I am not a tree hugger or work for the EPA.

Philthy why do YOU need pics? Why does RA have to post pics of his shop? What does it matter what his shop looks like? Please tell me how this impacts you... Philthy put some pics of your gf or maybe in your case bf on here, I want to see her/him.

I have not heard Scott bad mouth any other vendors on here, he actually comments on their good work if they are doing something good.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I could care less about their dyno numbers or anything else for that matter.

You just tried to call me out saying I am pro RA. what did I type that was pro RA? The fact they actually have a shop? or the fact I stated they need to become sponsors? Im just wondering
I hope this post doesn't get me banned, but come on already. You are a mod and were very pro VRT - now you're doing the same thing for RA, another non-sponsor
I ONLY went to VRT because of Mark B. period. end of that story. as shown in my posts, I was warning people AWAY from VRT once Mark B left.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
josh846

Philthy provide links to several of the lies he has been caught in. Not arguing, I just want to see them for myself.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, this is crazy. Scott is not trying to solicit business in any way. I have not read one post by him in this thread that even begins to sound like he is looking for business. He is simply trying to clear the air because certain sponsors on here are taking cheap shots at him then trying to silence his response (i.e. Julian and the sponsor card).

Scott is just trying to clear his name of the negative and untrue statements people like Julian, Phil, and Sharif are saying about him.
Reality350

Cheers to WA2GOOD for attempting to clear the air, well done. But I think you have a long arduous road ahead of you.

What I would like to see/read next from RA, would be a follow up thread that would help to enlighten/clarify some of your unique build/tuning techniques to the rest of our community.
Perhaps something like,
-"600whp using oem parts, how it was achieved"
-"JWT clutch holds 600whp, how it was achieved"

Doing so would greatly add to the wealth of information we share as like minded enthusiasts, and I am sure it would assist in clearing any clouds of disbelief that may linger over your heads as a direct result of past affilitiations.

In any industry, when a new design/product/technique appears, it will be questioned to death by the governing bodies (in our case, other shops/tuners). It is the ability to answer these questions, with detailed coherent answers, that will separate the truth from fiction.

I look forward to reading more FI build threads.

OT:
I would like to thank all the vendors and long time members for helping to "police" these forums. I am sure that doing so has helped many members (including myself) from making some very costly decisions and I hope they continue to do so. For this I will be forever thankful.

Cheers,

*admins, I do not wish to be banned. I am simply stating my opinion of this whole debacle, it is not my intent to challenge the TOU. If I have, please accept my apology in advance and delete my post.*
Thank you.

Last edited by Reality350; 10-25-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by josh846
Philthy provide links to several of the lies he has been caught in. Not arguing, I just want to see them for myself.
Just read the link I posted above...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by josh846
Next thing we will be hearing is that he has an ugly girlfriend/wife don't buy his stuff.
I have hung out with Scott and seen some of the girls he has dated. No one can make that claim.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
maybe setting up a Vegas meet that includes a dyno day at a local dynojet could be pretty cool and then post the sheets(if you are an RA customer) ... i know many of you defend Scott here so this would be good if you guys are up for it ...just an idea..

I would love to do that, that would be sweet. Yes, everyone that I mentioned are all RA customers and had the majority of their work done there.

To everyone else, what the **** is this? High school?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I will appologize, when I see pictures of their shop, in a commericial/industrial area, where its zoned for this type of operation, and a snapshot of their city business license (not their LLC docs..anyone can get those), their BAR license , and their business insurance policy.

I have been wrong before, so it wont be the first time. Hell, I appologized to MRC when i thought he car wasnt running, and he proved me wrong!

My whole point, is that coming from the pre-VRT decable, I would think that Scott would try to be beyond reproach, instead of throwing out BS dyno numbers that beat all other established shops by about 100whp+...shops that can been working on these cars much longer than he has. This is my opinion, of course.

Look, I know Scott doesnt have to indulge me or anyone else for that matter...so we'll see what happens.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
MMC Racing

Just read the link I posted above...
A thread from 2 years ago is your smoking gun?

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports is NOT VRT, the way it all went down