Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
phat04350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I think the help I might need will still come. And why would I ned two AFR readings?
the motor is split in to 2 sections hence 2 different down pipes. With 2 a/f readings you can tell which side is running lean or rich. With one its hard to tell which "side" is doing what. In my case I am going to have a skunk2 exhaust which keeps these sides seperate all the way. When I get a utec or some variant i need to be able to read what 1-3 and 4-6 are doing so they all run perfect. 1-2 typically run rich and 5-6 run lean. This was told to me in another thread on another 350z forum so I can not validate this. We also know people have blown motors with boost on the 350z probably from pre detination or some variant. The more information you have that is correct the better you will be.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by phat04350z
the motor is split in to 2 sections hence 2 different down pipes. With 2 a/f readings you can tell which side is running lean or rich. With one its hard to tell which "side" is doing what. In my case I am going to have a skunk2 exhaust which keeps these sides seperate all the way. When I get a utec or some variant i need to be able to read what 1-3 and 4-6 are doing so they all run perfect. 1-2 typically run rich and 5-6 run lean. This was told to me in another thread on another 350z forum so I can not validate this. We also know people have blown motors with boost on the 350z probably from pre detination or some variant. The more information you have that is correct the better you will be.
I don't have the "technical" knowledge to explain that you do not need two AFR. Hopefully someone will reply with a better answer than you are incorrect. Many high HP cars, not just Z's, have been running one AFR, wideband, without any problems.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
phat04350z
Banned

I don't have the "technical" knowledge to explain that you do not need two AFR. Hopefully someone will reply with a better answer than you are incorrect. Many high HP cars, not just Z's, have been running one AFR, wideband, without any problems.
how can you tune are car properly with 1 reading unless you have a Y pipe or some collector. If you have | | 2 seperate pipes you need 2 readings. Feel free to correct me but I dont see how that is possible.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

robert you need to build that engine up now...just my two pennies.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

how can you tune are car properly with 1 reading unless you have a Y pipe or some collector. If you have | | 2 seperate pipes you need 2 readings. Feel free to correct me but I dont see how that is possible.
I have been running my UTEC tune for over a year now w/ OEM exhaust & my Stillen TRUE dual. One reading is plenty. How about you step aside from asking questions that have nothing pertaining to my build and start researching the tuning forum. Thanks.

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
robert you need to build that engine up now...just my two pennies.
For two widebands? Also I don't think two pennies will cover the cost of building the engine. Please send more.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
phat04350z
Banned

see that crap and attitude is the reason why as stated on here there are arguments and then weeks later "my motor blew up and I think its was my rod." No its from tuning. I am glad you have a utec, did you use a dyno to tune it? lol. Anyways I dont consider and many others dont consider a X or H pipe a true dual. Look at the skunk2 exhaust notice how the two pipes never touch? Each section has its own flow. I am not trying to start a debate about is an X or H a true dual exhaust but dont mock me when you dont even know the answer. And I am asking in your behalf so you dont spend 7K and then have a blown motor. I guess the Army is not teaching you enough about respect and yes I WILL go there, or Marines. You should be thankful people on here are trying to help you.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

unsubscribing..
Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
unsubscribing..
PLease don't unsubcribe, Just add phat04350z to your ignore list. I want this thread to be very informative and progress showing.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

see that crap and attitude is the reason why as stated on here there are arguments and then weeks later "my motor blew up and I think its was my rod." No its from tuning. I am glad you have a utec, did you use a dyno to tune it? lol. Anyways I dont consider and many others dont consider a X or H pipe a true dual. Look at the skunk2 exhaust notice how the two pipes never touch? Each section has its own flow. I am not trying to start a debate about is an X or H a true dual exhaust but dont mock me when you dont even know the answer. And I am asking in your behalf so you dont spend 7K and then have a blown motor. I guess the Army is not teaching you enough about respect and yes I WILL go there, or Marines. You should be thankful people on here are trying to help you.
#1: Don't EVER talk about the US Military and respect. You don't know the first thing about it.
#2: Please leave my thread.
#3: You have been added to my ignore list.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:13 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

that dude is a tool robert...he's not worth you worrying over. his daddy didnt hug him enough when he was a child and his mother was a democrat who gave blow jobs to bill clinton...forget him.

regardless man, the build looks like its comign along. i was merely referring to the engine being built because of the jwt's and all the supporting mods you are goign with. with that set up you have enough there to get some serious power...600's maybe if you build the motor. cuz trust me, with the amount of cars ive modded in the past, youll get to a certain point with it and youll just want more and more, and more is never enough.

keep it going, and keep this thread alive, i am anxious to see how this all turns out
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
phat04350z
Banned

#1: Don't EVER talk about the US Military and respect. You don't know the first thing about it.
#2: Please leave my thread.
#3: You have been added to my ignore list.
I dont? You think I didnt serve? Please again another know it all on a forum.
I will leave your thread as I dont like to talk to know it all people who think there way is the only way. Ohh no ignore list For those that want to help him be affraid.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
that dude is a tool robert...he's not worth you worrying over. his daddy didnt hug him enough when he was a child and his mother was a democrat who gave blow jobs to bill clinton...forget him.

regardless man, the build looks like its comign along. i was merely referring to the engine being built because of the jwt's and all the supporting mods you are goign with. with that set up you have enough there to get some serious power...600's maybe if you build the motor. cuz trust me, with the amount of cars ive modded in the past, youll get to a certain point with it and youll just want more and more, and more is never enough.

keep it going, and keep this thread alive, i am anxious to see how this all turns out
I figured that out already about that douche. As far as the built motor.... Maybe I'm not building it so I have a reason for more HP in the future. Doubtful though considering all the road racing I do. I don't want to overpower my driving skills. Which aren't the best right now. Let me learn to drive with the JWT and we'll see what happens in the future.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 AM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get the AIS trunkmount meth/water kit while your at it... just for safety, and its only $350 bucks or so. Highly recommended.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 AM
jining

I dont believe there is a way for you to control individual injector pulse widths... so I dont think having 2 a/f readings is necessary. Perhaps having the A/F reading on the leanest cylinder side would be a smarter choice, but having 2 a/f ration seems very overkill... and pointless imo. Why are you getting a skunk 2 exhaust :| lol... far better options out there.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Please don't bring him back here. Please copy and paste in a PM. Thanks!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by jining
i would get the AIS trunkmount meth/water kit while your at it... just for safety, and its only $350 bucks or so. Highly recommended.
I like Meth/Water kit just not what I want. Thanks!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 AM
jining

rofl... its ok dont worry about him man.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:07 AM
jining

I like Meth/Water kit just not what I want. Thanks!!!
Why not! Please explain... honestly its such a good idea for detonation... I dont see any reason why you wouldnt want it. If you are worried about the tank running out, then just get the tune without it, and then just add distilled water to your already safe tune for temp control. + its a 1.5 gallon tank.. highly doubt you will run out if you check it every gas tank fillup.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Why not! Please explain... honestly its such a good idea for detonation... I dont see any reason why you wouldnt want it. If you are worried about the tank running out, then just get the tune without it, and then just add distilled water to your already safe tune for temp control. + its a 1.5 gallon tank.. highly doubt you will run out if you check it every gas tank fillup.
I know all about them from my Evo days. They can create some serious extra ponies. Snow Performance is about 15-20mins from my home. I just don't want to invest in one at this time.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:40 AM
phat04350z
Banned

I dont believe there is a way for you to control individual injector pulse widths... so I dont think having 2 a/f readings is necessary. Perhaps having the A/F reading on the leanest cylinder side would be a smarter choice, but having 2 a/f ration seems very overkill... and pointless imo. Why are you getting a skunk 2 exhaust :| lol... far better options out there.
See Robert thought I was talking out my *** but you can see why I asked. Thanks for the answer btw. On the Z there is no way to control the fuel on each cylinder? Seems odd? But your idea makes sense to have a reading on 5-6 where the Z motor does run lean.

I got the skunk2 based on size of pipe over stock, flow, sound, price and reviews on here and just overall knowledge of there product.

Quick Reply: Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread