Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
If you read the post you relize that I'm geting the 4/2 kit and not the 6/4.

Pefrect!
Wise choice!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by Zivman
regardless of stinky @ssholes

SSQV = ricer

Incorrect. I have one and like it. Does that make me a ricer? I drive a Z with strictly performance mods. No body kit, not even an S2000 antenna. Does that make me a ricer? At any rate, I can usually barely hear it over the sound of my open wastegate dumps .

If you're trying to start a flame war, you better try harder.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
phat04350z
Banned

I know your running a low boost turbo but in many posts on here it doesnt take much for a rod to get bent from either a bad tune or pre detonation. Either way make sure that thing is tuned by someone who knows what they are doing and use a good engine management unit. Good luck
Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Zivman: Fine... I'm a ricer cause I want the SSQV.

eagletanggreen: Thanks. I've done a good amount a research and discussion with owners. The ST 4/2 kit is just the best package, IMO.

JAMEZ: Just come to the fact that you're a "ricer" cause you have the SSQV. I know its hard to live with. Maybe we can start a SSQV Ricer Guilt Monthly Meetings online.

phat04350z: This has already been addressed. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

After some personal reflection, I have embraced my inner-ricer. I now have some "altezza" style tail lights, vinyl from Modern Image, and a body kit called "Invader" with a wing called "Katana" on order. I should be completely riced out in no time now
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

You guys kill me...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 PM
phat04350z
Banned

Zivman: Fine... I'm a ricer cause I want the SSQV.

eagletanggreen: Thanks. I've done a good amount a research and discussion with owners. The ST 4/2 kit is just the best package, IMO.

JAMEZ: Just come to the fact that you're a "ricer" cause you have the SSQV. I know its hard to live with. Maybe we can start a SSQV Ricer Guilt Monthly Meetings online.

phat04350z: This has already been addressed. Thanks.
What EM are you going to run?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by phat04350z
What EM are you going to run?
UTEC. All mods are in the link I provided in the first post.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
You guys kill me...
I forgot to mention my Tenzo R Racing seats I ordered too. JC Whitney FTW guys!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave, How would the 550 (600 for me now) effect idle? Figured you can tuned for that.

the new deatschwerks injectors are the greatest. i beta tested them for DW and had really great results. they are made with a brand new denso core and fitment is stock. they go right in and are perfect to tune. we installed over 30 sets last year and have had zero issues. they were rated at 3.5 bar and were called 650s. now they changed and are rating them at 3 bar so they are 600s. i have seen well over 600 on race gas and 600 on pump with these on my dynojet.

you will have no issues at all...
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
the new deatschwerks injectors are the greatest. i beta tested them for DW and had really great results. they are made with a brand new denso core and fitment is stock. they go right in and are perfect to tune. we installed over 30 sets last year and have had zero issues. they were rated at 3.5 bar and were called 650s. now they changed and are rating them at 3 bar so they are 600s. i have seen well over 600 on race gas and 600 on pump with these on my dynojet.

Thanks!!! Good to hear this!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
Incorrect. I have one and like it. Does that make me a ricer? I drive a Z with strictly performance mods. No body kit, not even an S2000 antenna. Does that make me a ricer? At any rate, I can usually barely hear it over the sound of my open wastegate dumps .

If you're trying to start a flame war, you better try harder.
not starting a flame war. The SSQV sounds like **** IMHO and is the choice of 9 out of 10 ricers polled The fact that a person gravitates toward it, regardless of body kit or no body kit just shows their inner true colors.

You all are welcome to run whatever you want; no skin off my @ss, but IMHO why put your cars on the same level as some punk in a riced out civic???
Old 01-11-2008, 07:35 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

not starting a flame war. The SSQV sounds like **** IMHO and is the choice of 9 out of 10 ricers polled The fact that a person gravitates toward it, regardless of body kit or no body kit just shows their inner true colors.

You all are welcome to run whatever you want; no skin off my @ss, but IMHO why put your cars on the same level as some punk in a riced out civic???

Last edited by ncparamedic; 01-11-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

I guess I can live with some random guy on an internet forum that thinks I'm a "ricer" cause of my choice in a BOV. Also, once again, Opinions are like assholes...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I think the punk with the riced out civic is trying to put himself on the same level as me. Why would I want my 400~whp car sounding like a 200whp econobox?

Anyways, if someone listens to rap, does that make them black? If someone listens to country, are they a redneck? I didn't think so. So how does it make me ricey by having a part on my car made by one of the most respected tuning house's in the world? If you don't like the way it sounds, then fine, thats totally cool, but don't trash my car (or many other's for that matter) by calling it rice/trash/whatever. I respect your opinion, you have a very nice car in fact, but next time, how about not sounding so pompous about it.

Edit:

Nitrouz's car has an SSQV on it. He has one of the most complete, best executed, certainly fastest cars on our forum. Does that make him a ricer? If having a Z with $100,000 of work done to it and well over 700whp is ricey, then I most definitely want to be a ricer .

Last edited by JAM3Z; 01-11-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

^^^ Well put. Guess the HKS GTR 34 is rice.

Anyhow... Back to subject... I should be hearing from my shop today. Hopefully its good. Also looks like I'm getting everything done in March now. Due to my Kuwaiti Visa I need to come home a month early. Luckily for more time off too.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
I think the punk with the riced out civic is trying to put himself on the same level as me. Why would I want my 400~whp car sounding like a 200whp econobox?

Anyways, if someone listens to rap, does that make them black? If someone listens to country, are they a redneck? I didn't think so. So how does it make me ricey by having a part on my car made by one of the most respected tuning house's in the world? If you don't like the way it sounds, then fine, thats totally cool, but don't trash my car (or many other's for that matter) by calling it rice/trash/whatever. I respect your opinion, you have a very nice car in fact, but next time, how about not sounding so pompous about it.

Edit:

Nitrouz's car has an SSQV on it. He has one of the most complete, best executed, certainly fastest cars on our forum. Does that make him a ricer? If having a Z with $100,000 of work done to it and well over 700whp is ricey, then I most definitely want to be a ricer .
SSQV is ricer material... at least around here. Don't care if it is on a 100 buck car or 100,000 buck car.

Love the edit bringing in Nitrouz's car... nothing against him, but just curious how many miles of actual driving has that car/setup seen?

More power to you if you love the sound of the SSQV or rap music for that matter... it seems you can't seem to take a little internet razzing. My best bud had one on his car and every time he stopped out I gave him **** about his ricer BOV; would tell him he had every dog in a 5 mile radius standing at attention every time he shifted. Not to mention the birds and other wild animals senstive to the high pitched sqwuaking
Old 01-11-2008, 10:28 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

SSQV is ricer material... at least around here. Don't care if it is on a 100 buck car or 100,000 buck car.

Love the edit bringing in Nitrouz's car... nothing against him, but just curious how many miles of actual driving has that car/setup seen?

More power to you if you love the sound of the SSQV or rap music for that matter... it seems you can't seem to take a little internet razzing. My best bud had one on his car and every time he stopped out I gave him **** about his ricer BOV; would tell him he had every dog in a 5 mile radius standing at attention every time he shifted. Not to mention the birds and other wild animals senstive to the high pitched sqwuaking
I'm all about a little internet razzing so long as the person dishing it out will put a little thought into what they're typing on their keyboard.

As for Alex's (Nitrouz) car, I'm not sure why it matters how many miles (or kills/races/etc.) he has on his car. What you're doing there by bringing up the question of mileage is basically creating another debate in an effort to divert attention from what we're actually talking about. The fact of the matter is that he had that car built using essentially the best components available, and for you (to attempt) to knock it seems a little silly to me.

Like I said before, I don't have anything against you, and you do have a nice car yourself, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong .
Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
DMK

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

Did they change the design recently? I got mine a couple months ago.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Jamez & Zivman: Please take the BOV Ricer debate else where. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread