Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

488 whp Vinny Ten Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008 | 06:58 PM
jadenz350

sorry but not taking any potshots at you...I sincerely do want to see your car run after all i've heard. I believe I was the second or third person including you to do the 700bb at VTR and the only one on a stock motor. I went with Vinny's recommendations on everything and posted praise when I first got the car back...however...when things went wrong....somehow it was just my fault.....for driving the car fast (go figure). To hear JWT themselves advise that the 700 kit should be done the exact opposite of what VTR recommended (email from Ben Pila can be provided on request for anyone interested) and recommend that I stay with the 530 kit for a stock motor...makes me wonder how this could have happened. Although he admitted he should have known better...Vinny was still hell bent on charging me $2600 to reinstall the turbo kit on my new stock motor - great way to say I'm sorry...huh!

I've met a few people to that have said they haven't had any problems after taking their cars to VTR...and all have the standard 530 kit on stock motors or T/N kits...however....believe it or not...i met just as much who feel like me ans would never go back.

Sorry for the continued rant but your posts on this forum and others are always little VTR commercials claiming genius, experience, quality, great guy...but actions speak louder than words and what I've experienced first hand, TO ME, boils down to either you and several others are wrong about how smart he is or he's simply unethical trying to squeeze every dollar out of his customers when he builds their trust...

buyers beware - remember everyone gets along until things go wrong....some people stand behind their work and others deflect blame and try to charge you again.

I think I'm done now....happy motoring to you too.

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Oh Hell......You got me good man......and I walked right smack into that setup you got me man

I have known the man all these years, experiencing first hand his mastery and upfront personality; and I would place my life in his hands in a heartbeat.

And if you must know, the fact that my car is still at the shop, was completely by choice, mine alone. It was simple, as I wanted my friends ZR to go out first.

And, anyone who managed to experience my Z first hand, end of 2007/beginning of 2008 will tell you that it was totally unimaginable. Who knows, maybe one of them may spot this post and drop in to say HEL-LO

I know of many of VTR customers out there, friends of mine, who have been driving stock with the JWT’s and some even running in the low 11(s)…… and still running.

Really man, I wish you all the best and that things will eventually work out for you.
Old 04-30-2008 | 07:12 PM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
So who is doing the install now?

just another shop - let's see how they do first before promoting them prematurely. I have spoken the 2 the most recommended shops in the east coast after the VTR experience but I prefer to have a shop closer to where I live for any tweaks/issues that could arise....i'm not a weekend warrior like yourself!

I'd hire you next time to build my spare engine if it all goes pear shaped!!
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:52 AM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by NickRaine78
I have no idea what a vrt stage 1 is. I should have been more specific or I guess I could just look at the website

^^LOL...Unfortunately this will continue to happen. Damn names are too similar. Congrats op. Built is the way to go. Love that dyno plot, will be even better once you up the boost.

edit: forgot to add the quote lol.

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 05-02-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2008 | 11:17 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
So who is doing the install now?
I guess this post makes no sense anymore since all of the non-positive VTR emails I wrote previously that were deleted last night....you might as well delete this one and the original (post #37) to more perfectly alter the historical content of this thread.....it's funny that I even now know when sponsorship dollars are renewed....

I guess next step is me being banned so.....speak to you under a different name someday!!!!

It's interesting that in some posts there are shops that respond publicly to allegations of screwing people's cars up but in others such as this one....the preference was to just try to sweep the bad press under the carpet

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=sgp

All should realize that the integrity of the info on this forum is called into question when they delete things that don't sound so nice.....

Last edited by jadenz350; 05-02-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2008 | 01:59 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

I restored your posts but I would ask you to please create your own thread on the matter if you wish to continue to talk about it. Please kep all further discussion of this thread to the OP's car.
Old 05-03-2008 | 02:57 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
I restored your posts but I would ask you to please create your own thread on the matter if you wish to continue to talk about it. Please kep all further discussion of this thread to the OP's car.
Moderators: Thanks for restoring my posts and my faith that the moderators here are fair...my story is told about my VTR experience. Agree that the OP's car discussion should dominate but early on the topic was already OT regarding standad headstuds and other commercials...

Without further delay - OP, congrats on your build and hopefully you'll enjoy everything you just did to the car..couple questions:

- are you running the JWT split second box that comes with the kit? I've heard from several different people that the unit s/b changed - not recommended by other JWT installers and non-authorized shops that I've spoken to - I'm guessing that it is more suitable for the smaller kit as opposed to the 700bb kit....do your own research by calling around and compare notes...just a suggestion.

- same for fuel system - I'm obviously not an expert but it does make me wonder why the JWT kit runs on stock injectors and the GReddy kit comes with injectors...I think the APS Extreme kit comes with a complete fuel system and those I believe are the kits to compare the 700bb kit against.

Last edited by jadenz350; 05-03-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2008 | 07:29 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

^ no problem Jaden the regular FI mods around here agreed that didnt think you should be silenced just because you had a bad experience. Just please keep ur comments pertaining to the OPs car as you have
Old 05-03-2008 | 10:07 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Okay again for the last time before bans are handed out back on topic
Old 05-03-2008 | 02:34 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Gerald you sound like a walking Vinny Ten commercial and this is not the first time. If Vinny wants to become a sponsor he is more than welcome to pay the vendor fees like he said he was going to over a month ago. However I asked everyone who previously posted in this thread not to OT/rehash this thread any further. Its about the OP and his 488 wheel car. So I am going to ask again to everyone else viewing these thread if a moderator gives out a public warning please follow it. As for Gerald the forums will see you in 10 days for violating a public warning.
Old 05-04-2008 | 10:02 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Congrats!
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:57 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by r0mey
Gerald you sound like a walking Vinny Ten commercial and this is not the first time. If Vinny wants to become a sponsor he is more than welcome to pay the vendor fees like he said he was going to over a month ago. However I asked everyone who previously posted in this thread not to OT/rehash this thread any further. Its about the OP and his 488 wheel car. So I am going to ask again to everyone else viewing these thread if a moderator gives out a public warning please follow it. As for Gerald the forums will see you in 10 days for violating a public warning.

ROMEY - Have you and/or anyone else realized that after his first post.....the OP never had another comment or reply to anyone regarding "the topic"? It's just been a slew of commercials or attempts at commercials only balanced by recap of the VTR experience.....if the OP chooses NOT to discuss his/her car...then why defend the focus of the thread ? personally....given the thread title....no feedback and 350Zzzz's relentless defense of his business venture/questionable relationship with VTR....maybe there is no real topic - so not sure anything thus far has been off topic.....just one to think about.
Old 05-05-2008 | 08:13 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by jadenz350
sorry but not taking any potshots at you...I sincerely do want to see your car run after all i've heard. I believe I was the second or third person including you to do the 700bb at VTR and the only one on a stock motor. I went with Vinny's recommendations on everything and posted praise when I first got the car back...however...when things went wrong....somehow it was just my fault.....for driving the car fast (go figure). To hear JWT themselves advise that the 700 kit should be done the exact opposite of what VTR recommended (email from Ben Pila can be provided on request for anyone interested) and recommend that I stay with the 530 kit for a stock motor...makes me wonder how this could have happened. Although he admitted he should have known better...Vinny was still hell bent on charging me $2600 to reinstall the turbo kit on my new stock motor - great way to say I'm sorry...huh!

I've met a few people to that have said they haven't had any problems after taking their cars to VTR...and all have the standard 530 kit on stock motors or T/N kits...however....believe it or not...i met just as much who feel like me ans would never go back.

Sorry for the continued rant but your posts on this forum and others are always little VTR commercials claiming genius, experience, quality, great guy...but actions speak louder than words and what I've experienced first hand, TO ME, boils down to either you and several others are wrong about how smart he is or he's simply unethical trying to squeeze every dollar out of his customers when he builds their trust...

buyers beware - remember everyone gets along until things go wrong....some people stand behind their work and others deflect blame and try to charge you again.

I am sorry to hear the problems you had, but I am a bit confused. When I went in for my JWT TT set-up on a stock block I inquired about upgrading from the 550's to the 700's. Vinny STRONGLY advised AGAINST doing that!! He told me that it would be a waste of money to buy the 700's because they were to much turbo for a stock block. He also advised the set-up would not work well because the lag would be significant. He all but refused to install 700's on my stock block because he felt it endanger the engine. He told me when I built the block THEN I could go with bigger turbo's.

Last edited by z350boy; 05-05-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2008 | 08:18 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by jadenz350

I am sorry to hear the problems you had, but I am a bit confused. When I went in for my JWT TT set-up on a stock block I inquired about upgrading from the 550's to the 700's. Vinny STRONGLY advised AGAINST doing that!! he told me that it would be a waste of money to buy the 700's because they were to much turbo for a stock block. He also advised the set-up would not work well because the lag would be significant. He all but refused to install 700's on my stock block because he felt it would endanger the engine. He told me when I built the block THEN I could go with bigger turbo's.
Old 05-05-2008 | 09:24 AM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by z350boy
I am sorry to hear the problems you had, but I am a bit confused. When I went in for my JWT TT set-up on a stock block I inquired about upgrading from the 550's to the 700's. Vinny STRONGLY advised AGAINST doing that!! he told me that it would be a waste of money to buy the 700's because they were to much turbo for a stock block. He also advised the set-up would not work well because the lag would be significant. He all but refused to install 700's on my stock block because he felt it would endanger the engine. He told me when I built the block THEN I could go with bigger turbo's.
Hi Pops - sorry I never had a chance to call after our PM's exchanged on this very topic. Funny you never mentioned all of this in the PM's we exchanged back in late March when I told you the same exact story directly....but still nice to see you offering your supportive story since Gerald/350Zzzz was silenced. I'll still call you if you want to talk more about this....for now I just keep checking to see if the OP who started the thread is still alive...maybe he disintegrated going so fast in that beast VTR built......trying to keep "on topic"....whatever that means on this thread.
Old 05-05-2008 | 11:58 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

thread closed if the Op wants it opened and wants to report on their car please pm me