Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boosted in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 AM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 6 19twinz
I guess I shouldn't mention my open dumps?
lol Twinz, you are just lookin' for trouble. Sounds like it's going to be a fun ride. Take me for a spin before you head back up to Sac?!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Trust me...you'll want more power, we all end up wanting more

You need to start a support group for Boost-oholics Anonymous.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Alfreds Z

Originally Posted by DRIFT
You need to start a support group for Boost-oholics Anonymous.
That would be more than half of this forum
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
This is wrong.

Look up the California government plan acronym C.H.E.A.T.E.R.S.
If he has residency and has employment in another state and the vehicle is registered out of state how can they enforce anything that does not make sense. Spoils may just be visting or passing thru so they can not pinch him for anything. Now if he lives and works here with a vehicle in his name but registered out of state then yes they can enforce that as he will be trying to cheat the system.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Alfreds Z

Originally Posted by DRIFT
lol Twinz, you are just lookin' for trouble. Sounds like it's going to be a fun ride. Take me for a spin before you head back up to Sac?!
Sure, if you really want a ride I can give you one on the long driveway to GTM Sorry I wont drive in Racho streets with my car. There cops there are worse then the ones in Sac. But I can give you a little ride in the back streets of where the shop is.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Sure, if you really want a ride I can give you one on the long driveway to GTM Sorry I wont drive in Racho streets with my car. There cops there are worse then the ones in Sac. But I can give you a little ride in the back streets of where the shop is.

Sounds great. Let me know when you are heading down to pick it up. Im less than an hour away from Sam's and if Im free when you are going I would appreciate it.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

. General rule of thumb is to stay away from MOST meets, don't drive fast or recklessly, have a radar / laser detector, watch your rear view every few minutes, drive in the middle of the freeway or street to turn off ASAP if you see police and when coming to intersections, as you pass, look for any police that might merge in later behind you. Some people may think I am paranoid but they need to shut up as I spent $4,000 during the whole ordeal.
this, over priced houses, the earthquakes, paris hilton, why the **** does anyone live in cali
Old 05-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
this, over priced houses, the earthquakes, paris hilton, why the **** does anyone live in cali
You forgot the smog and crappy *** 91 octane........

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-08-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
If he has residency and has employment in another state and the vehicle is registered out of state how can they enforce anything that does not make sense. Spoils may just be visting or passing thru so they can not pinch him for anything. Now if he lives and works here with a vehicle in his name but registered out of state then yes they can enforce that as he will be trying to cheat the system.

Ethically, this is true however, Cali laws is anything but ethical as I have come to observe. The law states that when a car enters California borders, the car and it's occupants must abide by California rule regardless of their residency in another state.

A prime example of this is how a Nevada car might be okay to have tinted windows in Nevada but coming to Cali, technically,t he tint must be taken off. I have also done research in regards to carrying my gun in my car. I also asked what about out-of-staters. Cali doesn't even respect the out of state license to carry permits either. So you could be coming from Wyoming and have a gun on your hip and have a permit for it. You could be a friggin angel as well! They don't care. Before you pass the border, put the gun, unloaded in a locked container and the ammo has to be out of reach.

Now, does this mean that if an officer sees an out of state plate that he will be more liable to leave the car alone: yes. He / she will probably think, 'oh, they are visiting family, I'll leave them alone' But does this mean that the officer can't pull them over for the infraction? No. He can easily pull over anyone as long as they are in Cali (speaking in regards to Highway Patrol, especially).

Cali law is so strict that I believe you have to apply and receive a CA drivers license within 10 days of getting a job out here.

Last edited by Blu_Blur; 05-08-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster

It is a great state overall. Everything about it is great aside from the government which needs some tweaking. Oh yeah, that and cost of living. However, everything 'natural' about the state such as the land scapes, scenery, diverse culture, girls, food, things to do, weather etc etc is great. That is why so many people like to live here but I htink it has reached a point where many are starting to find it too much of a trade-off and have been moving out of state.

One place I have thought about moving to is Georgia. How is Atlanta?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM
toy4two

Originally Posted by carfi179
If you go TT you will hardly see some hardware under the hood, ST and SC ( its like cops seeing krispy kreme donuts under your hood) it will be right on their face when they pop your hood..
SC is carb legal in cali so I would go with that and tell the cops to eat a dick when they pop your hood
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

god I love texas. bored out, built long block, with twins and open dumps....I never get fcked with...and my sh*t is LOUD at WOT.

sucks to hear all these stories...lived in daygo for a couple years...it wasn't near as bad in the late 90s. Glad I stay in houston.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by Old School
god I love texas. bored out, built long block, with twins and open dumps....I never get fcked with...and my sh*t is LOUD at WOT.

sucks to hear all these stories...lived in daygo for a couple years...it wasn't near as bad in the late 90s. Glad I stay in houston.
Maybe it's time for me to move back to Texas.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 AM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by TurboTim
No emissions test for 6-7 years on new cars 13 times is alot but most of the tiee it is for no front plate or tinted windows. I got more speeding tickets when it was N/A for 6 months then it being turboed for three years If you are smart,you can get out of a ref ticket for alot cheaper then you think.You have to get creative and ofcourse lie a little but it can be done
Tim, must be your good looks that gets you by...

Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Ethically, this is true however, Cali laws is anything but ethical as I have come to observe. The law states that when a car enters California borders, the car and it's occupants must abide by California rule regardless of their residency in another state.

A prime example of this is how a Nevada car might be okay to have tinted windows in Nevada but coming to Cali, technically,t he tint must be taken off.

Now, does this mean that if an officer sees an out of state plate that he will be more liable to leave the car alone: yes. He / she will probably think, 'oh, they are visiting family, I'll leave them alone' But does this mean that the officer can't pull them over for the infraction? No. He can easily pull over anyone as long as they are in Cali (speaking in regards to Highway Patrol, especially).

Cali law is so strict that I believe you have to apply and receive a CA drivers license within 10 days of getting a job out here.
That is incorrect it's not like they have a vehicle check point at the state lines. If a nevada car enters california registered in nevada with residency then they can not enforce anything. Now if they vehicle has been here for a while over a set time then the law applies. I'm not sure exactly how long that set time is but I know a few people and even one coworker who was stopped with an out of state car registered to his father out of state heavily modded with limo tint and they could not write him up. The trooper ( CHP ) mentioned the tint but since the vehicle was a AZ licensed car nothing could be done. He did mention if the car was to be registered here the tint must be removed as the laws state no amount of tint could be on the front windows.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Ed 718
That is incorrect it's not like they have a vehicle check point at the state lines. If a nevada car enters california registered in nevada with residency then they can not enforce anything. Now if they vehicle has been here for a while over a set time then the law applies. I'm not sure exactly how long that set time is but I know a few people and even one coworker who was stopped with an out of state car registered to his father out of state heavily modded with limo tint and they could not write him up. The trooper ( CHP ) mentioned the tint but since the vehicle was a AZ licensed car nothing could be done. He did mention if the car was to be registered here the tint must be removed as the laws state no amount of tint could be on the front windows.
I'll have to double check but this info came from the Justice Department so that is why I'm pretty-sure that any car entering Cali has to abide all Cali laws, especially CARB. There is no reason that a heavily modded car can't be trailered-in.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

I'll have to double check but this info came from the Justice Department so that is why I'm pretty-sure that any car entering Cali has to abide all Cali laws, especially CARB. There is no reason that a heavily modded car can't be trailered-in.
If it is to be registered yes but just passing through California there is no way that applies otherwise why would anyone even drive into California from out of state.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
waa waa waa.. I've been to Texas, I'll keep California..
whatever assclown..read the remainder of posts here and the stories and PLEASE do keep california...you can have it
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
whatever assclown..read the remainder of posts here and the stories and PLEASE do keep california...you can have it
Assclown? Are you for real?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Come on guys. "Can't we all get along".
Id like to get back on topic and hear more from people that have had to see the Mr. Referee.

Dont make me lock this thread.

Quick Reply: Boosted in Cali