Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AAM Exhaust RANT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:29 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is alarming that a shop is having trouble with an exhaust install....
Old 06-03-2008, 02:33 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Highway Riding]
Originally Posted by jeffie7
Exhaust is a very easy mod, anyone with a 14mm wrench can do it.

That's what i thought... Unless it's a completley custom exhaust then it should bolt on in under 1/2 hour.. when i went to MRC dyno day they must have threw some dudes exhaust on(turboxs) in like 20 minutes and had it on the dyno a few minutes after that... sounds like these are not mass produced..
If the cars jacked up off the ground and I have a 14mm socket and 14mm wrench in hand with some WD40 to spray the rubber hangers, I can remove my exhaust from cats back in about 5 minutes. reinstall in another 5 minutes.
Granted, my bolts are not stuck and are easy to remove, but even with stuck bolts, as long as you have liquid wrench and a breaker bar, the longest part of the job would be letting the liquid wrench sit for awhile.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Zbee

All I can say is that I have had the AAM 2.5" True Dual Exhaust installed. Only good results. Sounds great. Looks great. AAM was very professional. I think a lot of folks expect perfection on what is actually an art, namely modifying your car. It takes a lot of work to get our cars "just right." And in the end, we will probably always be fiddling with our cars. But if we continually rant about every exhaust that is 1/2 inch off or a plenum spacer that doesn't keep a seal, or every mod shop that lets us down, we will be missing the most important point; enjoying our 350z's.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 PM
dizie808

Originally Posted by Zbee
All I can say is that I have had the AAM 2.5" True Dual Exhaust installed. Only good results. Sounds great. Looks great. AAM was very professional. I think a lot of folks expect perfection on what is actually an art, namely modifying your car. It takes a lot of work to get our cars "just right." And in the end, we will probably always be fiddling with our cars. But if we continually rant about every exhaust that is 1/2 inch off or a plenum spacer that doesn't keep a seal, or every mod shop that lets us down, we will be missing the most important point; enjoying our 350z's.
You dont hear other people rant about other exhaust. AAM is known for this problem in their exhaust.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you're right, a 1000+ dollar exhaust should have fitment issues since its not stock....
Old 06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
sbZenth

i have a single 3" it fits perfectly

but yeah that does suck Its very obvious that it was heated and dented.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 PM
minus500
Banned

Thanks man. This was funny. I really hope you don't live your life with that kind of mentality. I guess we're all wrong for wanting perfection. We should learn to settle.

And when is torching an exhaust and beating it with a mallet considered an art???? Sounds more like stupidity to me. Being lazy instead of doing it right.

Last edited by minus500; 06-03-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
rr_z33

that half an inch off costed me time/money. how can i be enjoying my z when the thing is sitting in a shop. as i said earlier im pretty sure i got an earlier model exhaust. but well see what happens.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Your posts are not relivant to the thread topic.

g37 forums are here:

http://myg37.com/forums/

I see where it looks like they dented the exhaust to make it fit the sway bar... there is a heat discoloration. At least its a quality dent
hmm thats funny i thought this thread was about AAM exhaust.... what do you think its about??? how about you quit haten...

i am sure AAM will take care of you rr z33
Old 06-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great 1st post. You fail
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Thumbs down

Nice first post, and congrats on joining the forum 2 days ago... next question is, how long have you worked for AAM?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by thefireboy
hmm thats funny i thought this thread was about AAM exhaust.... what do you think its about??? how about you quit haten...

i am sure AAM will take care of you rr z33

Not when they have to dent their own exhaust to make it 'fit'.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Nice first post, and congrats on joining the forum 2 days ago... next question is, how long have you worked for AAM?
Or sponsored by AAM for that matter.. lol

Again I'm not gonna bash on any shop. I got help from some of the folks at AAM and they were excellent people. But people that are receiving benefits from the shop really should just keep their mouth shut? Because everything you're saying sounds biased to me and to the rest of the community. The more you benefited people talk, the more shady it gets...
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Gooey

All I have to contribute to this post is: Fast Intentions

It was pretty pricey but when I ordered the exhaust from Tony (owner,) I have never had that quality of customer service EVER.
He gave me a time frame the exhaust will be finished and kept me updated as it was being made. Finish date was on the dot and shipment was excellent. Everything was packaged up very well in nice pretty FI boxes

As for the quality of exhaust: None like it!
I had 3 different exhausts including the Nismo Catback, and I have to say the Fast Intentions had the best fitment. Everything was bent perfectly and install only took minutes.
Best sounding exhaust IMHO.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Gooey
All I have to contribute to this post is: Fast Intentions

It was pretty pricey but when I ordered the exhaust from Tony (owner,) I have never had that quality of customer service EVER.
He gave me a time frame the exhaust will be finished and kept me updated as it was being made. Finish date was on the dot and shipment was excellent. Everything was packaged up very well in nice pretty FI boxes

As for the quality of exhaust: None like it!
I had 3 different exhausts including the Nismo Catback, and I have to say the Fast Intentions had the best fitment. Everything was bent perfectly and install only took minutes.
Best sounding exhaust IMHO.

little off topic?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Zbee

I don't work for AAM, I am not sponsored by AAM. I am just a customer of AAM. All I am saying is that I like the exhaust. Looks good and sounds good. Install was decent. I am happy with it. There are plenty of decent shops around. So let me ask you all, what's your favorite shops? And what's your favorite Exhaust systems? Which shops to avoid?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Driven1
Professional

I don't work for AAM, I am not sponsored by AAM. I am just a customer of AAM. All I am saying is that I like the exhaust. Looks good and sounds good. Install was decent. I am happy with it. There are plenty of decent shops around. So let me ask you all, what's your favorite shops? And what's your favorite Exhaust systems? Which shops to avoid?
Here you go......https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/354469-which-shop-to-take-your-project-to-poll-for-easy-review.html

Please take notice of who voted for who and read thoroughly....K Thx bye
Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Zbee

Great info. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Driven1
Here you go......https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354469

Please take notice of who voted for who and read thoroughly....K Thx bye

Quoted FTMFW!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Kal_El

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
I had this exhaust 4 a while and it was prob by far 1 of my Favs. I half to kinda hold my tongue bc I just recently sold it to another member lol. But fitment did SUCK and I had to spend a lot of money at my tuners shop bc it rubbed my sway bar. When I go FI I'm gonna use vibrant tips but a complete custome exhaust like Craig (Tuarran). His **** looks SICK!!!!

Yeah thanks. The exhaust wouldn't bolt up to the OEM cats. Anyway, not very happy about the whole situation, but what can I do now? It was my fault for not researching this as much as I should have, hopefully I can get it to fit. I would like to know what you did exactly, maybe it can help me....

Last edited by Kal_El; 06-04-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: AAM Exhaust RANT